Hauppauge IR + Harmony + XBMC
Hi All,

I've finally got XBMC set up and am comfortable using it. Step 1 in cutting the cord is completed!
I have also purchased a Harmony 650 remote recently, and had great success programming buttons like 'Watch TV' to turn on my TV, Cable Box, and Receiver all to the right inputs.
However, once I cut the cord, I won't be watching the Cable Box anymore, and the XBMC pc will replace this.
I am able to get all the devices to boot up no problem, and I can even navigate the menus within WMC with the new remote, however when I go to XBMC, I seem to get extremely sluggish response time...and I would say 7 of 10 button presses don't register at all. Sometimes I go in and NO button presses register.
I am using the IR receive (RC6 compatible) that comes with the Hauppauge 2250 kit. The cheap remote that comes with the kit appears to function a litle better in XBMC...still slow though.

Any thoughts on how to get this working? It would seem that most of the tutorials no here use different versions of the Logitech programming software.

Thanks,

Joe
I figured out the problem...the Hauppauge IR was the size of a pea and really didn't work unless I pointed directly at it. I since bought an HP IR Receiver that most people on here have recommended in other threads....response time is great!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hauppauge IR + Harmony + XBMC0