lower cpu using settings
How do some of the skins get a lower cpu usage in system info? Some seem to go flat out and others only seem to use about half. I know its about the line being drawn to show the system info, but hows it done?
The CPU usage bar is fairly useless as its basically showing the CPU used to update the CPU usage bar on the system info page! Smile On a slow CPU like the Raspberry Pi that's a significant chunk of CPU time.

In fact I'm pretty sure that raspbmc has disabled the usage bar to stop people asking why the CPU usage is so high all the time. (The usage bar sits near zero even if the CPU is pegged at 100% as shown in top)

If you really want to see what CPU usage is log into the Pi remotely with ssh and run the top command. That will give you an accurate indication as the top command doesn't add significant extra load itself and will display usage no matter what part of XBMC you're in.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
id like to know how it does it thats all. I know its pointless reading that bar for real information. Does it slow the system info page down to 30fps? Immersive shows 30fps on the system info page.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
lower cpu using settings0