TV Static after switching from XBMC-Roku back to XBMC
I have a weird problem which even after trying several different things has not gone away. I have an intel HTPC and Roku box connected to a Samsung TV via HDMI cables.

I initially had Win 7 on the HTPC and it worked fine for nearly two years. When I decided to try Openelec is when I started running into this issue.

Here is what is is going on. When I switch HDMI inputs from HTPC to the Roku box, and then want to go back to HTPC, I get nothing but static and feedback. It is like the TV is trying to catch the signal from the HTPC but is unable to do so. I unplug the HDMI cable from the back of the HTPC and black it back in, I get the signal back. I have to mention, I do not turn my HTPC off ever. So it is always on even when I switch to a different input (I currently have only Roku connected to the TV.

I have tried swapping out the HDMI ports between the two devices, tried the third HDMI port, turned off HDMI CEC setting on the TV, swapped out the cables and even tried a different cable for the HTPC. NO LUCK!

I have a feeling this is specific to OpenElec considering I never had this before with Win 7.

Any ideas how to fix it? Anybody seen this before?
I don't have a fix.

I have a samsung tv and run OpenElec, and I do not experience this issue when switching.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Static after switching from XBMC-Roku back to XBMC0