Noobie Headache! FTP+iOS+NAS+VideoTS
I'm sure I can't be the only one, but I've been searching and searching and can't find the answers.

I have a Synology NAS with Video_TS folders on, in separate folders under the movie titles.
Everything works great with my PC using the mapped network drive of the NAS... but...

I am trying to access (and play correctly) the video_ts folders remotely so some friends can watch my movies and also watch them on my iDevices.
The only way I have been able to access my NAS is by FTP. In the video file I can see all the movies with the correct artwork. But in the movies menu it displays all the separate files and cannot play the video_ts/play with dvd menus.

Please help!
OK, so I've managed to solve some of it.
I've setup a VPN and can now access my NAS remotely and the Video_TS folders play correctly, although on my iphone it does crash a lot.

Is there a way to get the same results when I'm connected at home? As the folders do not play on iOS devices via SMB. It doesn't make sense to me to be connected by VPN when I'm local or does it really not matter?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Noobie Headache! FTP+iOS+NAS+VideoTS0