Release introducing Simerec PCS-MCE!! new for 2014!
This is a mod with the lightdim sticker

It shows up easily in the photo but really blends in when you look at it in person. As long as the hole isn't too big it's great. I use a 1/8" hole.
You're kidding me!! When you first posted that photo in the other thread. I thought it was a window!! Good job!!
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

(2014-02-28, 21:13)jammyb Wrote: You're kidding me!! When you first posted that photo in the other thread. I thought it was a window!! Good job!!

They "forgot" to put the window in all the ones I recently ordered and this mod has saved my bacon.

It's here! Updates soon!

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

I wonder if this could be used to replace the non RC6 IR in my Moneual MonCaso 312 case? That would make for an awesome mod so I don't have to use the M.play software.
So.

Plugged in the USB header.

Plugged the power switch plug onto the MCE loom and plugged the power switch plug from the loom onto the power switch header on my motherboard.

This isn't going into a NUC so I cut the plug off the purple perm 5v lead and found my ATX purple wire and joined to that with the supplied splicer.

Peeled the wrapper off the double sided tape, located the window on the case and lined up the receiver with the window and pressed the base of it to the casing.

Reconnected power and grabbed my remote.

Powered up on first press! [did we have any doubt? Hell no!]

Boots into XBMC.

Using the remote, responds exactly as expected. PERFECT. fast response too!

Only flaw? openELECs 3.2.4. has a context menu button bug. It's the only button that doesn't work.

Easy peasy to install. Took less than 10 mins from opening to powering up. Finally combined the two things into one install. RC6 and power up!

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Nice. I am looking forward to seeing pricing. Can you post some pics of it installed so I can get an idea of how much wiring we're talking about here?

Excuse the mess. Still playing with it at the mo. The rainbow cabling and the thick black loop make up the wiring.

It's not too bad. The ATX wiring is bulky when the ports are on top of each other!

Simerec mailed me how to reprogram the context button on my remote. Took less than a minute and was easy!

Simerec Wrote:To change PCS-MCE settings, there are 3 main steps:
1. Enter configuration mode.
2. Change setting(s).
3. Exit configuration mode.

Everything is done by pressing button sequences on the IR remote. The PC can be on or off during PCS-MCE re-configuration, but if the PC is on, keep in mind that the button presses will be sent to the PC.

Enter Configuration Mode

Press and hold the Play button. You will see the LED on the PCS-MCE blink as you hold the Play button down. Continue to hold until the LED stops blinking. (It takes about 5 seconds.)

Now enter the following key sequence to enter configuration mode: #120956, then ENTER (or OK). (Note that's your serial number you're entering.)

The LED should be lit at this point, and the PCS-MCE is now in configuration mode.

Change GUIDE Button To "c" Character

First enter the Button Re-configuration Mode by entering the following sequence:

#500, then ENTER

LED will start blinking slowly during button re-configuration process.

Now press and release GUIDE button, then enter the following sequence: 0120006000, then ENTER (LED should stop blinking, and stay lit.)

Exit Configuration Mode

Press the CLEAR button (LED should turn off.)

For reference:

How To Factory Reset The PCS-MCE

1. Enter configuration mode by entering #,your serial number, then ENTER.
2. Enter the following sequence: #000, then ENTER.
3. Exit configuration mode by pressing CLEAR button.

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Maybe part of your feedback can be shorter cables, please. Smile
(2014-03-10, 21:32)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Maybe part of your feedback can be shorter cables, please. Smile

Indeed!

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Sounds perfect now when do we get our grubby mitts on it!
Any update on availability?

BTW. This product from HDPlex seems to be offering the same baisc functionality: http://www.hd-plex.com/hdplex-internal-m...ntrol.html
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
July.

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Well I'm somewhat of a remote geek so I'm certainly taking a look once they become available Smile
The "RC6 compatible remote" compatibility got my attention, now using an old irtrans module from origen ae which I can't replace once it breaks down.
Besides this ones has way less cable clutter so it's defiantly worth a try for me.
I'm definitely interested in this product. Are we able to place an order for this yet?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
introducing Simerec PCS-MCE!! new for 2014!1