Apple TV1 - can you d/load to it?????
Smile 
Hello - need a little expert help here. have had ATV1 for a while but am struggling to understand how to download media to my machine? It's a 40g version and I have Frodo 12.3 running with Crystalbuntu. Have looked in vain everywhere for 'how to' video on the topic to no avail... is it not possible perhaps??

Help please.....
jayphil, you might want to read here forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=149712
By download meadia, do you mean put your movies onto it? Or do you mean download movies from the internet directly to your atv. For the first you just transfer files over shares, ssh, or directly from a usb drive.
Yes movies and the like.... Internet straight onto hard drive.....
Your mostly going to have to use google for that. But I think their is at least one free movie on the internet you can legally torent so you might look into an xbmc torrent addon. For other ways you might just google best unofficial xbmc addons or something like that.
Calev ... understood. Thanks.

I think I'm more stuck with how to set up a download folder ...... the ATV1 root directory is something I don't fully understand.
All directories can be traced back to the root(Hence the name)There should be a directory called atv in there some where. If your in a terminal you should be able to get to it by just typing cd(since its the home directory). if your in xbmc file manager you should find a home then atv (/home/atv.) Not sure of the complete path, I dont have my atv on me right now. Create a directory in atv called downloads (or what ever you want) in the file manager or a terminal. And then you can set your addons to download stuff directly to it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV1 - can you d/load to it?????0