Win Sapphire TheatriX remote and suspend/wakeup issues
Hello to all of you! This is my first post.
I'm a complete newbie to XBMC, but I have a long time experience (almost 20 years) in PC hardware.
Last week I started to build a HTPC from scratch with an ASUSTeK AM3 motherboard and a Sapphire TheatriX USB IR remote.
I installed a fresh copy of Windows 8.1 Pro and XBMC "Frodo".
I connected the IR receiver, set in power button in Windows settings to act as suspend, checked BIOS for S3 suspend mode and motherboard jumper settings for +5VSB.
When I press the remote power button on the remote, the system enters S3 state.
But if I press the button again, sometimes the PC has no reaction, and when it catches the command it stays on for about 3 or 4 seconds, then re-enter suspend mode.
If I press the system power button (not the remote), the issue disappears: PC wakes up from suspend and stays always on.
Any ideas? Obviously, remote batteries are new...!
Motherboard: ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ - FCH: AMD A88X "Bolton-D4" | APU: AMD "Kaveri" A8-7600 with Radeon R7 graphics | RAM: 8GiB DDR3-2133 | SSD: mSATA Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | HDD: 5 x 500GB 2.5" Hitachi Travelstar (two-way mirror) | DVB-T Tuner: AVerMedia AVerTV Volar HD PRO | O.S.: MS-Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center
Wow first post from someone of your calibre hope to see more messages from you on the forum, Welcome!

This issue is not really an XBMC direct problem, the only thing you can say is that you are running windows. Some of the boys in the HTPC hardware threads would probably give better advise than I'll pass along, and suggest you cut & paste your question to that forum. I suspect that once in suspension there is no software constantly cycling or monitoring the wake up through your add-on device (it would have to be a routine in the bios or specifically supported by the MB,) so there's the rub... a catch 22 with two versions of the shut down, like hitting the power button twice. Suggestion: Make sure you are running the latest Bios for that MB and you have the latest drivers from the Sapphire people.

The Sapphire TheatriX people most likely have run into this, and would be my first attempt at a fix
Thanks a lot for your support, I will try to contribute to the forum as soon as possible from a HTPC point of view, I'm an absolute beginner!
EDIT: I HAVE A NEW SYSTEM - SEE SIGNATURE
By the way, motherboard BIOS is the latest available from ASUSTeK, and remote doesn't need a driver, as Windows detects is correctly.
In the meantime, I tried the Sapphire remote on my office laptop (HP ProBook, Core i5, Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64). Same results, PC doesn't wake from sleep very often, and when it catches the remote signal, wakes up then returns to sleep mode.
To make sure that my issue is not O.S. dependent, I formatted my HTPC testing bed and installed a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Same as above.
Definitely, seems to me that my issue is caused by my old Sapphire TheatriX remote (maybe the IR receiver?).
The only way to make it work is to go to Windows/XBMC power settings an set suspend/remote button to hybernate.
I will investigate a little more, but I'm seriously thinking to buy a new remote...
Motherboard: ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ - FCH: AMD A88X "Bolton-D4" | APU: AMD "Kaveri" A8-7600 with Radeon R7 graphics | RAM: 8GiB DDR3-2133 | SSD: mSATA Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | HDD: 5 x 500GB 2.5" Hitachi Travelstar (two-way mirror) | DVB-T Tuner: AVerMedia AVerTV Volar HD PRO | O.S.: MS-Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center
Only to say that even with my new HTPC the Sapphire remote still refuses to wake up correctly the system from sleep. Instead, if I press a mouse button or a keyboard key, the PC wakes up and stays on.
To check if my new system was capable to handle sleep modes correctly, I scheduled a live TV recording, and put the PC to sleep. A few minutes before the scheduled event, the system went on, recorded the show, and after a couple of minutes it went to sleep again.
It's a pity, because the Sapphire remote works very well with EventGhost and XBMC2 plugin. The only issue is the wakeup from sleep...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sapphire TheatriX remote and suspend/wakeup issues0