How to get past 13.0 alpha 11?
I would like to get to the 13.0 alpha 12 release. But under the raspbmc settings under programs, i only see nightlies from last year. I did the latest one and it installed 13.0 alpha 11. I need to be on alpha 12 so my MySQL will sync between all my systems. Can you please let me know how/why i cannot seem to upgrade to that nightly?

Current raspbmc version:
13.0-ALPHA11 Git:20131223-3aaba19

Much appreciated.
You could try these: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176043
Ah, thank you for that. I am following the build info that was for the Feb. 10th Build, as i would assume that would fall roughly under the same alpha version as my primary XBMC (PC) version.

In these steps:

Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20140210-nc3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/ZMIFjq --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20140210-nc3
pv xbmc-13-20140210-nc3.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C xbmc-13-20140210-nc3
cd xbmc-13-20140210-nc3/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system
cp /usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 .
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 libdvdcss.so.2
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2 libdvdcss.so

I do not have the libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 file. I am assuming that file should have existed as part of the untar above, but maybe not? Any thoughts on what i should do next would be appreciated... i quite possibly just missed a step...

Cheeers!
No not included, see post#1 in that thread how to compile libdvdcss.
Only needed once / setup.
Thanks - i see that section and i my next question is... i need a different version than is listed there of that file. I do not know the direct path to wget the required package tar.gz file. Is there a directory listing somewhere i am missing with all these available so that i get the right version for the build i am trying to install?

Hopefully that question makes sense!

* I get its once per setup, but its required you have the correct version of that package i assume for the particular version of XBMC getting installed...?
Hehe... actually, does not make sense to me.
Sorry, but I really don´t understand. Wink

You need a different version of what exactly?
Yes... im that guy...

I got it working - im an idiot. Yes. Its true.

Thanks for your assistance!!!!!
Oh, it will be the correct library, it is named differently when compiled that´s all.
So just run that and you will be good to go, after that you will have libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 in /usr/local/lib/.

Also, you will need updated firmware, so look into that as well (also in post#1 in that thread).
That will not be needed in build from today and forward, but as you are installing an old build you will need it.
Yup, i already grabbed the latest firmware required. It seemed like it was just those 2 files in /boot and a reboot of the Pi to take effect if im not mistaken. (So any new firmware will be built into future builds is what i am reading - so no more manual firmware updates required - VERY nice)

Thanks so much for all your help. Very much appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to get past 13.0 alpha 11?0