[How-To] The NEW XBOX One Media Remote On Openelec
(2014-04-13, 15:42)mxlmxl Wrote:
(2014-04-11, 20:57)FishOil Wrote: Awesome instructions

Just wanted to say thank you! Strangely it simply would not work on Openelec. I then tried XBMCubuntu and adjusted them slightly and everything worked perfectly.

Really appreciate your help!

The issue seems to be the way pastebin displays the contents of the file. I thought I could overcome this by using the raw format.

The simple soulution at the moment is to delete the autostart.sh file and manually create it.

Code:
rm ~/.config/autostart.sh

Then make a new one.
Code:
nano ~/.config/autostart.sh

Then copy paste this into it.

Code:
#!/bin/sh

killall lircd
ir-keytable -p lirc
lircd --device=/dev/lirc0 /storage/.config/lircd.conf

Then make it executable

Code:
chmod +x ~/.config/autostart.sh

I have edited the original instructions to you.
I am using these instructions on openelec (3.96), the top part of the controller doesn't work, neither does the left and right buttons.
I tried redoing the steps and trying a few different things but no luck.

can anyone help a Linux / OE day 2 noobie?

thanks
Nima
okay the .conf file was the reason all the keys were not working,
I used irrecord to fix that.

only thing i cant get working is: I want to use the xbox button on the xbox one remote to power on the intel nuc (using built in IR with nuvoton enabled)

I am using:
Intel 2nd Gen Haswell D34010 NUC
OpenElec 3.95.6 Beta
Xbox One Remote
Nuvoton CIR (built into the nuc by default)

any help would be much appreciated.
(2014-04-25, 15:10)nimamoradi Wrote: okay the .conf file was the reason all the keys were not working,
I used irrecord to fix that.

Thats very unlikely if you followed the directions and used the alternate remote.xml file.
[/quote]
Thats very unlikely if you followed the directions and used the alternate remote.xml file.
[/quote]

the remote.xml file works fine, the IR just wasnt registering any of the top buttons until i made a new .conf using irrecord
then i ssh into the .conf file and changed the name of the keys to the same as the mapping (eg. XboxFancyKey for the xbox button) as when i recorded it i couldnt put those names in.

i just thought i would share in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

can you help me with getting the remote to power on the nuc? and power down without bringing up the menu?
hate to bother you but how do achieve the following when a video is being played using the x1 remote:

1. use the fancy button to bring up the xbmc interface overlay.
2. the button used to bring menu [top right of navigation] to execute download subtitle
3. use the center press to bring out the menu which other wise the number two button originally be doing.

Disregard above, figured it out. Only problem is now when a video is playing it shows me the shut down menu instead of exitting full screen
just added to OpenELEC so it works by default OOTB.
see: https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/...747b23789a

will be included in the next OpenELEC-4.0.3 stable build
greetings, Stephan

I was thinking about getting this for the Antec Multimedia Station Basic. I just wanted to know how I would go about getting the top button to power on and off my OpenELEC box like the remote in the Antec kit does?

(2014-05-20, 18:11)sraue Wrote: just added to OpenELEC so it works by default OOTB.

You are awesome!
Do I ssh to do all of this?
(2014-05-20, 19:34)yusky03 Wrote: I was thinking about getting this for the Antec Multimedia Station Basic. I just wanted to know how I would go about getting the top button to power on and off my OpenELEC box like the remote in the Antec kit does?

(2014-05-20, 18:11)sraue Wrote: just added to OpenELEC so it works by default OOTB.

You are awesome!
(2014-05-20, 19:38)Chico0106 Wrote: Do I ssh to do all of this?

Yes
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hey,

First time trying this, and I got this: http://amzn.to/1hqIQav Did steps in the guide.

My problem however, is that I had to program it on my computer, and I'm missing a few Keys I want, such as:
Play/Pause on Music now playing.
Settings/context menu button.
Page up, page down.
Mute Button.
Power button does not bring up power menu.

I'm using Openelec 4.0.4 on an Intel NUC, and help would be appreciated Smile
(2014-06-07, 20:02)d2dyno Wrote: Hey,

First time trying this, and I got this: http://amzn.to/1hqIQav Did steps in the guide.

My problem however, is that I had to program it on my computer, and I'm missing a few Keys I want, such as:
Page up, page down.
Mute Button.

This guide has nothing to do with Flirc. The steps outlined will do nothing for you.
Flirc is a keyboard emulator not an IR remote.
(2014-06-07, 23:00)FishOil Wrote:
(2014-06-07, 20:02)d2dyno Wrote: Hey,

Page up, page down.
Mute Button.

This guide has nothing to do with Flirc. The steps outlined will do nothing for you.
Flirc is a keyboard emulator not an IR remote.

OK, do you know of anything that uses USB, and works with this?
Use flirc to map the buttons to the correct keys. Eg context is 'c'.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[How-To] The NEW XBOX One Media Remote On Openelec3