Linux Amlogic M3 Linux xbmc with daily/frequent build
I wanted to know if there are any media players using Amlogic M3 that have enough developer community support with daily or frequent builds. I do not need Android as I am just interested in xbmc alone and I think pure linux build would offer better performance and stability. I found Pivos user forum with daily build by users. Could not find anything else. Are there other options available?. I need IR remote and 1080p & mp4 playback - so some other android hardware are ruled out. Also looks like Amlogic M6 hardware is not yet ready with any native linux-xbmc builds.

Iboum.com has listed a bunch of devices that support native linux but most of them does not seem to have active developer support, and many have not got updated for over a year with any new firmware.
Seeing as Pivos were the creators of Amlogic linux for the M1/M3 series and everyone else cloned their work I doubt you will find anything worth while out there. Especially as Pivos are moving to Android for the next gen product line, the linux builds aren't really that necessary any more, the Android builds closed the gap as far as Pivos is concerned for it's M6/M8 based products.

There is an unofficial Amlogic M6 linux firmware project over on the XDA-forums that might be of interest.

You might be more happy with the CuBox-i platform which is an Arm Freescale iMX6 chip, it is much more powerful than than Amlogic M3 or Raspberry Pi units, there is a linux XBMC project for it but it is still early days so your going to be on the bleeding edge.
@Starstream - thank you for the details. I had a HDD available and perhaps will wait for Intel Bay Trail NUCs to be back in stock for Openelec. Meanwhile I am also watching Fire TV to support latest builds (I am trying to get over Android and lack of IR remote here!) and Cubox-i you mentioned is looking good too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amlogic M3 Linux xbmc with daily/frequent build0