Border Texture Problem
Been playing around and redoing my skin again and what Im learning seems to be going in this time Smile

Ive been messing about with bordertexture's this time and I trying to figure out a problem or my understanding of it.

I have a simple image control which displays they current selected items Poster / Cover / Preview with an orange border with a width of 2 around it.

Code:
            <control type="group">
                <left>850</left>
                <top>115</top>
                <visible>Control.IsVisible(50)</visible>
                <control type="image">
                    <description>Poster / Cover / Preview</description>                
                    <left>0</left>
                    <top>0</top>
                    <width>360</width>
                    <height>540</height>
                    <aspectratio aligny="bottom">keep</aspectratio>
                    <fadetime>IconCrossfadeTime</fadetime>
                    <texture background="true">$VAR[PosterThumb]</texture>
                    <bordertexture>generic_orange.png</bordertexture>
                    <bordersize>2</bordersize>
                </control>
            </control>

My problem is the image and border display great and everything looks just how i want it but when i move up and down the list though it looks like i get a big orange box appears then a fraction of a second later the image / poster displays over it, It looks quite odd seeing this orange box appear then the image / poster a fraction of a second later.

How do i get them to appear together or get the poster to appear and then the border a fraction of a second later.
Old newbie trying his hardest to get his head around skinning lol, expect loads of questions :-)

It may be hard but the challenge of learning something new is fun :-)
I think it's because the aspect ratio is set to true, meaning that for a fraction of time XBMC needs to analyze the image's dimensions and aspect ratio so it knows how and where to draw the border. To be sure try to set the aspect ratio to scale or stretch. I think you'll won't see a delay.
Remove the fade time attribute?
I changed the fadetime attribute to 50 and it made the poster appear quicker and i didn't notice the orange appear before the poster.

I do notice the same now though when I click on an item on my home screen and it opens into my file view window (only view I'm playing with at moment) as the panel uses the same texture (generic_black.png) and bordertexture (generic_orange.png) and bordersize="2" to build its background.

Should i just build separate .png's at the desired size for each of my window / poster / items backgrounds i want this 2 pixel orange border around?
Old newbie trying his hardest to get his head around skinning lol, expect loads of questions :-)

It may be hard but the challenge of learning something new is fun :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Border Texture Problem0