Mbox
Tell me what's good and what's bad about this box? Will I have any problems installing Gotham on it?

http://www.justop.com/catalog/audio-and-...ition.html

- XBMC Frodo
- CPU: Amlogic Cortex-A9 Dual Core 1.5Ghz
- RAM: 1GB DDR3
- GPU: Mali 400, 2D/ 3D/ OpenGL ES2.0(AMD Z430)/ OpenVG1.1(AMD Z160) 27M Tri/sec
- Internal Storage: 8GB NAND Flash
- Internet: Wireless 802.11B/G/N
I wouldn't touch it.
(2014-04-07, 01:12)Ned Scott Wrote: I wouldn't touch it.

I do like a well balanced, structured, evidence based argument, it makes decision making so much easier!
I'm pretty sure i have the same box and installed linux xbmc, it works flawlessly.
Press THANK USER if I Help
I have that box to and used frodo and. Now I use. Nightly build it runs fine on it. And i did not change anything on it
I bought this box before I submitted this post. I did ask for suggestions before I bought it and got no help. I chose it because the seller had an address and answers the phone when I call. Knowing NOTHING I don't know what I've got but by the bye so far it seems to be working. That said, in my ignorance I loaded all manner of itinerant addons and would like to start again but uninstalling and re-installing and I'd also like to have try of Gotham. I discovered how I can uninstall XBMC but I don't know how to re-install it. In that regard I asked for advice on this and other forum and got none. I called the supplier and he told me that his box contains a 'special' more stable version of XBMC and that it I install XBMC from XBMC.org some HD stuff wont work because of some incompatibility with an accelerator and he advised that to re-install XBMC I should download his firmware from the link below. In all fairness I have to say he does answer the phone has shown some patience with my ignorance. I submitted this post in the hope that someone might say ah ha you've to chipset blah blah that won't do that you'll have to do this etc., Anybody got any ideas about what he's talking about re incompatibility?

http://forums.justop.com/topic14819.html
If you use v13 Gotham then you don't need any special version. How to install is all covered on the wiki: Android (wiki)
(2014-04-08, 03:02)Ned Scott Wrote: If you use v13 Gotham then you don't need any special version. How to install is all covered on the wiki: Android (wiki)

Thanks I've read that but I'll read it again a few times before taking a crack at it. The first thing I noted was 'First download XBMC for Android from our servers' I don't know if that means download and copy onto a USB stick and plug that into the MBox or download it directly onto the MBox but I'll try the latter first and see if I can then find it on the MBox.
Wien you download Xbmc. It will go to (( all apps - filebrowser - local disk - download )) there you can find the xbmc you downloaded and then just click it and press install Smile
If you run in to trouble then send me a pm
(2014-04-08, 16:57)Brinis Wrote: If you run in to trouble then send me a pm

Thanks very much, I might that
I bought a loaded MBox with Kodi and it was I think badly installed. I want to scrap it and start fom the beginning. How do I do this. Should I plug it into my computer and do a reinstall.
You don't need to plug the box anywhere. You can reinstall Kodi from the box directly (just unistall Kodi and then install it from Play Store).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mbox0