XBMC iOS Remote App Stopped Working
Hi there. I have been using this app for a couple of weeks on both my iPad and iPhone and for no apparent reason it has simply stopped working today.

It is all set up fine so I tried switching the ports about etc to see if that would get it working again but to no avail.

XBMC:
System > Services

> Webserver
Allow control of XBMC vita HTTP = check
Port: 80 (I have tried switching this to 8080, no change)
Username: itry
Password: 12345
Web interface: XWMM (I have tried switching this to default, no change)

> Remote Control
Allow programs on this system to control XBMC = check
Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC = check

> Zeroconf
Announce these services to other systems via Zeroconf = check

Copied and pasted the MAC address and IP address found in
System > System info > Network

All of these settings are match on both my iPad and iPhone yet it simply does not connect.

Entering http://itry:[email protected]:8080 into my browser works so I know there is not an issue there.
However I cannot test this on iOS as it says it is a possible phising site as the website I am attempting to visit has a user name or password in its address.
There is an exception added in my Firewall for XBMC.

I have tried everything I can think of so if anyone could help me get this working again I'd be very grateful.
(2014-04-12, 18:32)itry Wrote: Hi there. I have been using this app for a couple of weeks on both my iPad and iPhone and for no apparent reason it has simply stopped working today.

It is all set up fine so I tried switching the ports about etc to see if that would get it working again but to no avail.

XBMC:
System > Services

> Webserver
Allow control of XBMC vita HTTP = check
Port: 80 (I have tried switching this to 8080, no change)
Username: itry
Password: 12345
Web interface: XWMM (I have tried switching this to default, no change)

> Remote Control
Allow programs on this system to control XBMC = check
Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC = check

> Zeroconf
Announce these services to other systems via Zeroconf = check

Copied and pasted the MAC address and IP address found in
System > System info > Network

All of these settings are match on both my iPad and iPhone yet it simply does not connect.

Entering http://itry:[email protected]:8080 into my browser works so I know there is not an issue there.
However I cannot test this on iOS as it says it is a possible phising site as the website I am attempting to visit has a user name or password in its address.
There is an exception added in my Firewall for XBMC.

I have tried everything I can think of so if anyone could help me get this working again I'd be very grateful.

Restore the DEFAULT interface and assign a fixed ip at your xbmc box, usually value upper 100 are dhcp assigned...
Assigning a fixed IP solved my problem straight away! I hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere else so thanks a lot.

Anyone else having a similar issue to the one I detailed in the OP, try this solution.
How exactly do you do that? I'm having the same problem and it's driving me nuts, cheers
Hi,

i also can not access to xbmc from exernal. I have the same config like the upper post. For external access i use dyndns but it doesn't work.
The internal Access works fine with the xbmc remote app. Any ideas?
The fix ip address from xbmc on the raspberry pi is 192.168.2.251. I think that can not be the issue because of the dhcp rangeHuh

Regards
Philipp
(2014-05-21, 14:34)audiflips Wrote: Hi,

i also can not access to xbmc from exernal. I have the same config like the upper post. For external access i use dyndns but it doesn't work.
The internal Access works fine with the xbmc remote app. Any ideas?
The fix ip address from xbmc on the raspberry pi is 192.168.2.251. I think that can not be the issue because of the dhcp rangeHuh

Regards
Philipp

Do you have a "pro" account with DynDNS? They pulled their free version recently.
@Jaymzie007: Yes i have a pro account ;-)
Hi

XBMC Remote iOS to Android Neo X7 IPTV

I'm having the same problem, tried all of above to no avail.
Tested this on a Windows 7 installation and worked first time.
Now the last time I used XBMC remote on the Android successfully was before I upgraded my iPhone to 7.1.1
Unfortunately I upgraded both iPhone and iPad at the same time so I can't test that theory.

Something is blocking it but not sure if it's Apple or Android. It can't be my router as W7 version works.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Same problem as above iOS and Android box. I've been using the app for 9 month but over the last week it has quit working - seems it can locate the XBMC box, get the host / post info, but it cannot connect to it.

Ideas?
(2014-06-07, 21:08)--N8 Wrote: Same problem as above iOS and Android box. I've been using the app for 9 month but over the last week it has quit working - seems it can locate the XBMC box, get the host / post info, but it cannot connect to it.

Ideas?

same problem here (official iOS-app and "yatse" on android) after switching from version 13.0 to 13.1 gotham (running on ubuntu). Confused
(2014-06-23, 18:09)detlev24 Wrote: same problem here (official iOS-app and "yatse" on android) after switching from version 13.0 to 13.1 gotham (running on ubuntu). Confused
now, for me, both working again (i didn't change anything). Smile
Hi there
Any solutions to this problem? I have been running the latest version of kodi for 2 months and using xbmc remote app on iOS 8 without any issues until this week when it has suddenly stopped working. It won't connect to the host.
I have a static IP address since day 1, and no config changes have been made on router, kodi app, host or anything..
Any help appreciated
Thanks
Hi!

I am a long time happy camper of a user of the Official XBMC remote app on iOS. It recently quit working for me as well. I have three Kodi installations. The one on Ubuntu with Kodi Helix 14.2RC1 continues to work. The two OpenElec 5.0.6 installations, one on an existing Raspberry Pi, and another new Raspberry Pi 2, do not work. The Raspberry Pi used to work fine on older OpenElec installs.

If I can help debug this in any way, I'd be glad to do so.

Thanks,
Shash
1.Check for software updates
On your iOS device, update to the latest version of iOS and the latest version of Remote.On your computer, update to the latest version of iTunes.
2.Turn on Home Sharing
i.)Apple TV (4th generation): Go to Settings > Accounts > Home Sharing.
II)Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation): Go to Settings > Computers.
III)Mac or PC: Open iTunes, click File > Home Sharing > Turn on Home Sharing.
3.Open iTunes on your computer
If you need help connecting to iTunes, use this step. To connect to your Apple TV, skip to the next step. Make sure that your computer is on and awake and that iTunes is open. If iTunes is already open, quit and open it again. iTunes must be open on your computer for Remote to connect with your iTunes library.
4.Connect your devices to the same Wi-Fi network
Your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch needs to be on the same home or local network as your iTunes library or Apple TV.If you have more than one Wi-Fi network, connect your iOS device to the same network as your computer or Apple TV.
5.Restart your router
Check your router’s user guide for steps. You might need to disconnect the power cord for ten seconds or more.
6.Check your firewall settings
If you have a firewall on your router or computer, see if it's blocking communication between Remote and iTunes or your Apple TV. The Remote app uses TCP port 3689 and UDP port 5353 to communicate with iTunes and Apple TV.On your Mac, make sure that the firewall isn’t set to "Allow only essential services." You don't need to edit the port addresses.On Windows, allow iTunes to communicate through the firewall. If you use other firewall software or hardware, check its user guide for how to open TCP port 3689 and UDP port 5353.

hadoop training in chennai | informatica training in chennai
1.Check for software updates
On your iOS device, update to the latest version of iOS and the latest version of Remote.On your computer, update to the latest version of iTunes.
2.Turn on Home Sharing

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC iOS Remote App Stopped Working0