DynDns client for xbmc
is there a way to get dyndns or some similar service working on the xbmc so that i could access my xbox via a dydns-address instead of a new ip (that my isp assigns) each time? i am not familiar with python or how dyndns works, so if somebody could help me...
just out of curiousity, what kind of router do you have? many routers can support firmwares that allow you to do that with several dns updaters including dyndns.. look into hyperwrt, (or openwrt if you're linux oriented) maybe your router is supported..
well me being a combo of very very bored and very very kinda has resulted in this

its a script that works with dyndns(don't forget to register), just edit the section at the begining:

Quote:host='example.host.ext'            ##    enter hostname
username = 'user'                     ##    enter username
password = 'password'                ##    enter password
ipaddress = ''                            ##    leave blank for autodectection
wildcards = 0                             ##    enable wildcards=1,disable=0
mailexchanger= ''                      ##    enter ip for mailexchange, leave blank for no excahnger
backmx=0                               ##    enable backmx=1,disable=0

and then set to run when you start you xbox
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
wow! thanks!!!

now one more thing, me being new to xbmc... how do i add the script to being started each time my xbox is started?
http://manual.xboxmediacenter.de/wakka.p...ine&v=1ct1

add:

xbmc.executescript('q:\\scripts\\dyndns.py')

or what ever you save that file as.

i havn't tested this script yet but its very basic so shouldnt have any trouble
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DynDns client for xbmc0