• 147(current)
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
Hi, I'm having a weird problem since upgrading to 8.0.1 (OpenElec). I have a KODI favorite that is my "My Subscriptions" for the YouTube plugin. When I go to Super Favorites and try to open it using the the Kodi Favorites, it does not open my favorite. When I go back a screen, it does show my YouTube subscriptions. This worked fine in 6.0.3. Here is some log info that I hope helps. Seems like an issue with CGUIMediaWindow.

Code:
01:12:43.796 T:139708845746304   ERROR: Control 50 in window 10025 has been asked to focus, but it can't
01:12:46.615 T:139708845746304   ERROR: container.update called with invalid number of parameters (should be: 1, is 0)
01:12:53.512 T:139708845746304   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?cmd=ActivateWindow(10025%2c%22plugin%3a%2f%2fplugin.video.youtube%2fspecial%2fnew_uploaded_videos_tv%2f%22%2creturn)&image=special%3a%2f%2fhome%2faddons%2fplugin.video.youtube%2fresources%2fmedia%2fnew_uploads.png&label=%5bB%5dMy%20Subscriptions%5b%2fB%5d&mode=650
01:12:53.513 T:139708845746304   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?cmd=ActivateWindow(10025%2c%22plugin%3a%2f%2fplugin.video.youtube%2fspecial%2fnew_uploaded_videos_tv%2f%22%2creturn)&image=special%3a%2f%2fhome%2faddons%2fplugin.video.youtube%2fresources%2fmedia%2fnew_uploads.png&label=%5bB%5dMy%20Subscriptions%5b%2fB%5d&mode=650) failed
01:12:54.288 T:139707397076736  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.3.12) on Krypton (Kodi-17.1) with Python 2.7.13
01:12:54.515 T:139707397076736   ERROR: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py:843: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest/advanced-usage.html#ssl-warnings
                                              InsecureRequestWarning)
01:12:54.716 T:139708845746304   ERROR: container.update called with invalid number of parameters (should be: 1, is 0)
01:13:04.456 T:139708826814208   ERROR: Unable to find plugin
01:13:04.456 T:139708845746304   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://
01:13:04.456 T:139708845746304   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://) failed

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Paul
(2017-04-17, 08:47)pgordash Wrote: Hi, I'm having a weird problem since upgrading to 8.0.1 (OpenElec). I have a KODI favorite that is my "My Subscriptions" for the YouTube plugin. When I go to Super Favorites and try to open it using the the Kodi Favorites, it does not open my favorite. When I go back a screen, it does show my YouTube subscriptions. This worked fine in 6.0.3. Here is some log info that I hope helps. Seems like an issue with CGUIMediaWindow.

Code:
01:12:43.796 T:139708845746304   ERROR: Control 50 in window 10025 has been asked to focus, but it can't
01:12:46.615 T:139708845746304   ERROR: container.update called with invalid number of parameters (should be: 1, is 0)
01:12:53.512 T:139708845746304   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?cmd=ActivateWindow(10025%2c%22plugin%3a%2f%2fplugin.video.youtube%2fspecial%2fnew_uploaded_videos_tv%2f%22%2creturn)&image=special%3a%2f%2fhome%2faddons%2fplugin.video.youtube%2fresources%2fmedia%2fnew_uploads.png&label=%5bB%5dMy%20Subscriptions%5b%2fB%5d&mode=650
01:12:53.513 T:139708845746304   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?cmd=ActivateWindow(10025%2c%22plugin%3a%2f%2fplugin.video.youtube%2fspecial%2fnew_uploaded_videos_tv%2f%22%2creturn)&image=special%3a%2f%2fhome%2faddons%2fplugin.video.youtube%2fresources%2fmedia%2fnew_uploads.png&label=%5bB%5dMy%20Subscriptions%5b%2fB%5d&mode=650) failed
01:12:54.288 T:139707397076736  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.3.12) on Krypton (Kodi-17.1) with Python 2.7.13
01:12:54.515 T:139707397076736   ERROR: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py:843: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest/advanced-usage.html#ssl-warnings
                                              InsecureRequestWarning)
01:12:54.716 T:139708845746304   ERROR: container.update called with invalid number of parameters (should be: 1, is 0)
01:13:04.456 T:139708826814208   ERROR: Unable to find plugin
01:13:04.456 T:139708845746304   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://
01:13:04.456 T:139708845746304   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://) failed

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Paul

Seems fine at my end, are you running 1.0,56 SF?

You log did show a bug in SF but doesn't seem to affect anything (although I will fix it lol).
(2017-04-17, 08:12)watermouf Wrote: Just want to say that spoyser is one of the best developers, def under appreciated and the man in my book. I was bummed when you pulled ur repo bunch of hidden gems in there, noticed it resurfaced recently. Thanks for updating Super Favs to krypton. Agree the new krypton feature is pretty annoying, understand there isn't much that can done about that. Krypton reminds me of Windows Vista at this point! But was wondering if we could get a tag/synatx to play items in random order from a super folder ? Have a bunch of relaxing videos in HD saved in a super folder, would love to be able to play them in random order without having to hit play folder then shuffle them manually. 1 click play to relax would be huge! Thanks again for all your hard work !

Very kind of you to say so.

I'll see what I can do regarding the random order Smile
(2017-04-16, 23:31)StreamSlayer Wrote:
(2017-04-16, 17:40)spoyser Wrote:
(2017-04-15, 23:40)StreamSlayer Wrote: Yes. Latest version installed 1.0.56

Simply clicking on an item should launch it.

Which addon are you using to add the titles?

Only using SF and Kodi. Activated the Global SF options so it shows in context menu on Kodi search results or items already stored in Kodi Favourites etc.

I use a wireless keyboard / touch pad to navigate Kodi menus so I just hold the Enter key down momentarily to access context menu which reads: Move up - Move down - Remove - Rename - Choose thumbnail - Super Favourits Menu - Add to Super Favourites.

When I choose Add to SF, it takes me to another menu to tell it where to save. From there I can choose PL, Plugins, S or Super Favourites. After choosing SF, I can see the subfolders I've created, (Movies, Music, Sports, TV) and can navigate to whichever one I choose and the subfolders in each. When I've found where I want to store it, I can choose OK, Cancel or New Folder on the right hand side. Once I hit OK, I'm given the option of renaming the item before completing the process.

Then, I've primarily been accessing the directories by going to Addons/Video Addons/Super Favourites. When I open SF, the first thing I see is iSearch, followed by iExplore, iPlay - Kodi playlist manager, Create new Super Folder, Explore Kodi favourites and then the vaviour folders I've created. When I enter these, I can see all the items I've saved and all the subfolders but hitting enter on the items does nothing. If I hold the Enter key down a bit longer, I get a more advanced context menu with Edit, Copy, Add etc as well as Play from here near the bottom. Hitting Play from here looks as though it will succeed as the screen goes a bit dark and the red circle pops up that usually precedes the start of a file but it just spins and sort of flashes 2 - 10 times as if it's searching for the file then reverts back to normal. For what it's worth, if I use these context items to choose Edit Super Favourite and then Rename favourite, it again does nothing.

Hope that long-winded description gives a clue as to what's wrong. Thanks for trying!

Thanks for the detailed description. Can you confirm what addon(s) the items should be launching?

The fact that you can't rename items seems odd too.
(2017-04-17, 03:12)Panamakaloy Wrote: Strange thing happened. Everything has been working great but out of the blue I do not get the superfavorites context menu when I press c on an add-on. In the past it did not offer the context menu if I had not drilled in to a particular type of addon such as video add-ons. But now even when in a particular type of add on menu, pressing c only brings up a small menu with " quick launch superfavorites professional and superfavorites settings", no add to superfavorites etc. If I click on video add-ons for example and pull up the list as opposed to the icon view it works. It also works everywhere else. Latest version of Krypton and estuary skin. I turned off global and turned it on again. I can't think of anything that did that could have caused it. Any ideas folks?

So it works correctly except for video addons icon view is that what you're saying?

Also, does it definitely say Quick Launch Super Favourites Professional on the small menu?
It works correctly except it is not global. It will not work on the home screen. It will not work on the next screen deeper either. It works on the third screen in and beyond. Is this what I should expect? I thought it was truly global when I used it earlier.

"Professional" was a spellcheck error. My apologies and thank you for your time. I like the addon even with the present limitation.
(2017-04-17, 08:12)watermouf Wrote: Krypton reminds me of Windows Vista at this point!

The biggest difference being that Microsoft eventually admitted their mistake Smile
(2017-04-17, 14:33)Panamakaloy Wrote: It works correctly except it is not global. It will not work on the home screen. It will not work on the next screen deeper either. It works on the third screen in and beyond. Is this what I should expect? I thought it was truly global when I used it earlier.

"Professional" was a spellcheck error. My apologies and thank you for your time. I like the addon even with the present limitation.

Is this how it is supposed to work? Super Favorites does not allow, for example, me to add an addon as a favorite from the home screen or the addons screen?
(2017-04-17, 16:39)Panamakaloy Wrote:
(2017-04-17, 14:33)Panamakaloy Wrote: It works correctly except it is not global. It will not work on the home screen. It will not work on the next screen deeper either. It works on the third screen in and beyond. Is this what I should expect? I thought it was truly global when I used it earlier.

Is this how it is supposed to work? Super Favorites does not allow, for example, me to add an addon as a favorite from the home screen or the addons screen?

Okay I think I know what you mean.

It is because in previous versions of Kodi the home screen didn't (as standard) show any links to addons, therefore only the menu with Quick Launch and Settings appeared when on the home screen.

I'll see what I can do, although given how much I dislike Krypton/Estuary it might take a while - got to the bottom of it, now just need to fix Smile
Ok Thanks for the response. I understand. For what I do with Kodi the simplicity of Krypton and Estuary is good. My wife can actually understand what she is doing as well. She got lost in Jarvis all the time.
(2017-04-17, 10:57)spoyser Wrote: Seems fine at my end, are you running 1.0,56 SF?

You log did show a bug in SF but doesn't seem to affect anything (although I will fix it lol).

Silly question, where do I get 1.0.56? The standard repository for OpenElec only has 1.0.43

Thanks,
Paul
(2017-04-17, 19:53)pgordash Wrote:
(2017-04-17, 10:57)spoyser Wrote: Seems fine at my end, are you running 1.0,56 SF?

Silly question, where do I get 1.0.56? The standard repository for OpenElec only has 1.0.43

Thanks,
Paul

I found and downloaded the ZIP from your github. All good now.

Thanks,
Paul
(2017-04-17, 11:01)spoyser Wrote:
(2017-04-16, 23:31)StreamSlayer Wrote:
(2017-04-16, 17:40)spoyser Wrote: Simply clicking on an item should launch it.

Which addon are you using to add the titles?

Only using SF and Kodi. Activated the Global SF options so it shows in context menu on Kodi search results or items already stored in Kodi Favourites etc.

I use a wireless keyboard / touch pad to navigate Kodi menus so I just hold the Enter key down momentarily to access context menu which reads: Move up - Move down - Remove - Rename - Choose thumbnail - Super Favourits Menu - Add to Super Favourites.

When I choose Add to SF, it takes me to another menu to tell it where to save. From there I can choose PL, Plugins, S or Super Favourites. After choosing SF, I can see the subfolders I've created, (Movies, Music, Sports, TV) and can navigate to whichever one I choose and the subfolders in each. When I've found where I want to store it, I can choose OK, Cancel or New Folder on the right hand side. Once I hit OK, I'm given the option of renaming the item before completing the process.

Then, I've primarily been accessing the directories by going to Addons/Video Addons/Super Favourites. When I open SF, the first thing I see is iSearch, followed by iExplore, iPlay - Kodi playlist manager, Create new Super Folder, Explore Kodi favourites and then the vaviour folders I've created. When I enter these, I can see all the items I've saved and all the subfolders but hitting enter on the items does nothing. If I hold the Enter key down a bit longer, I get a more advanced context menu with Edit, Copy, Add etc as well as Play from here near the bottom. Hitting Play from here looks as though it will succeed as the screen goes a bit dark and the red circle pops up that usually precedes the start of a file but it just spins and sort of flashes 2 - 10 times as if it's searching for the file then reverts back to normal. For what it's worth, if I use these context items to choose Edit Super Favourite and then Rename favourite, it again does nothing.

Hope that long-winded description gives a clue as to what's wrong. Thanks for trying!

Thanks for the detailed description. Can you confirm what addon(s) the items should be launching?

My pleasure. Greatly appreciating your efforts to nail this down for me. Your latest question confuses me a bit however and perhaps that's the missing link in my functionality here....

I'm just not sure what you mean when you ask what addon the item should be launching. My (perhaps naive) assumption was that the movie or tv show, located via Kodi search then saved to a SF folder would launch itself just the same as it does directly from Kodi. Your question suggests to me that perhaps I'm supposed to be combining SF / Kodi with a 3rd addon that helps them work together? Not sure. Bottom line is, I believe my answer to your question is "Nothing". As far as I know, I'm not using any addons aside from SF.
(2017-04-18, 01:32)StreamSlayer Wrote:
(2017-04-17, 11:01)spoyser Wrote:
(2017-04-16, 23:31)StreamSlayer Wrote: Only using SF and Kodi. Activated the Global SF options so it shows in context menu on Kodi search results or items already stored in Kodi Favourites etc.

My pleasure. Greatly appreciating your efforts to nail this down for me. Your latest question confuses me a bit however and perhaps that's the missing link in my functionality here....

I'm just not sure what you mean when you ask what addon the item should be launching. My (perhaps naive) assumption was that the movie or tv show, located via Kodi search then saved to a SF folder would launch itself just the same as it does directly from Kodi. Your question suggests to me that perhaps I'm supposed to be combining SF / Kodi with a 3rd addon that helps them work together? Not sure. Bottom line is, I believe my answer to your question is "Nothing". As far as I know, I'm not using any addons aside from SF.

No necessarily.

Makes more sense now, I missed the reference to Global Search before, I'll look into it some more now Smile
(2017-04-15, 17:58)spoyser Wrote:
(2017-04-14, 22:42)FatherH Wrote: Hello,
Two days ago I copied my Kodi build (from the Krypton version of Kodi, on my PC), to an Android box (with the same version of Kodi installed). Everything copied over as expected - - except my Super Favourites folders. Actually, the "favourites.xml" is the closest thing I can find having anything to do with the missing Super Favourites folders (on my PC, the S.F. folder, and sub-folders, are located within the Kodi Favourites directory).

I've spent much of the past two days trying to figure out where these folders are now located in the Android box and how to activate Super Favourites so it will display them (the Super Favourites folder made it to where it should be on the Android - - it's just empty - no sub-folders, no links :o(

In your recent update post you describe how to copy Super Favourites from one location to another - within the same install, so I assumed that I could do the same from one install location to another. Can I or am I trying to do the impossible??

If it can be done, could you please direct me to where I can find the instructions??

Thanks

What do you mean by Kodi favourites folder? That doesn't sound a standard folder?

And yes you should be able to move them to your android setup.

You could try exporting them to a zip file on the PC, and then import that on the android device.

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you - - I only just realized that, unlike other forums, I don't receive an email telling me a response was given to my post.

In answer to your question - - the folder I referred to as "Kodi Favourites" is in fact called "Favourites" by Kodi (I added the Kodi by mistake).

I'll try your suggestion of exporting my Super Favourites folder to a zip file and then importing it into the Android box - - and will pass on the results when completed.

Thanks for your help.
  • 147(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator6