hp 3000 sff question
Learned alot here, folks seems really helpful for the most part in all the posts i've read.
My question/problem is I have a Hp3000 sff with 3.8 gb ram and a Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz × 2 running through vga cable to a ARio 720p 23" tv. Ubuntu 12.04. Most of my media is stored on a WD 1 tb external hd hooked in via usb to the comp.
I get stutter, really noticeable on some movies not so much on others. Does not seemed to be linked to any paticular file type(.avi,video ts,etx). I bring up system monitor and iam using around 12-16% of each core and virtually no ram while running xbmc with vids playing. I would like to know, if anybody can help me, if this could be coming from using the onboard graphics. If so, which graphics card would you recommend OR what mb size card sould resolve this problem. If I need to post anything else for ease of helpful solutions just lemme know.
Thanks.
ps/ I cant get the box to stream to anything at all. Android phone and tablet both work as remotes, but no streaming. Cool if thats a diffrent forum or whatever just thought i'd tag it on.
Check your onboard graphics against the XBMC_for_Linux_minimum_requirements

My seven years old HP Pavilion Media Center PC with Core 2 Duo E6600 processor, 4GB Ram and the minimum Intel 945G chip set did not perform well with the onboard graphics, and even worse with the ATI Radeon x1650se graphics card it originally shipped with.

So I got me a Gigabyte GT 630 HD NVIDIA GeForce graphics card, installed the NVIDIA graphics driver on Linux Mint 16 (Ubuntu 13.10), and the performance now is really good; very fast and smooth.

According to some other post I have seen in the XBMC forum a NVIDIA GeForce 610 graphics card should already be sufficient.

Also, the 3.8 GB Ram you have should be sufficient.
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500 is pretty lousy. You could get a cheap low-profile HD6450 or GT610 video card and see definite improvement. Your CPU and RAM are plenty. You don't say what operating system you are using.

Stuttering could be for so many reasons though.
ubuntu 12.04 , thanks for the replies
(2014-05-03, 03:37)baudermonk Wrote: ubuntu 12.04 , thanks for the replies

Stick with nvidia then.
Any old HP SFF (dc7600 and up) computer paired with an Nvidia GPU is good enough for anything reasonable you throw at it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
hp 3000 sff question0