MKV playback stops with 12.3
Hi - I'm running 12.3 on the Pi (a recent rebuild) and have difficulty with playback of some (not all) MKV files where the sound stops then the video pauses - you have to stop and restart then navigate past the problem area/on to the next chapter to continue playback. The files are kept on an external USB HDD. The MKV files were cut on a Win 7 system where they play fine with VLC. I have deleted and recopied MKVs across to the Pi/HDD but the issue persists. I am using 1080p playback with bitstream 5.1 audio to an AV amp. The pi is overclocked to fast - adjust display refresh rate is set to "always" for best playback. I cant find any other options that seemingly might affect video playback of MKVs. Does anyone have any thoughts? Many thanks!
please test with a Gotham nightly and check if issue is still there. If not, nothing will be done, because v12 won't get new fixes now that Gotham is almost out the door.
Hi - thanks for the suggestion - I took the latest nightly build and the issue has gone - after the update, for some reason, my passthrough audio settings enabling multi channel output to my AV amp became "undone" but I found the settings and set them again - all is well here now too. Many thanks!
as for the audio settings - we refactored the entire audio engine again which also brought new audio settings along which are not backwards compatible. That's why your passthrough settings got lost/reset.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MKV playback stops with 12.30