Update XBMC to Current Version
I currently have XBMC FRODO installed on my Rasberry Pi (OpenElec)
I was able ot download the APK for my ANdroid version and install the latest Version while retaining my add ons and favorites etc
Is there a way to do the same type of update or install in the OpenElec ... RasberryPi
If auto update doesn't find anything, do manual update. Its as easy as downloading the files, extracting, and copying files to the update folder on the RPI. All my setting were retained when I upgraded.

http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Updating_OpenELEC
thanks

will this update OpenElec, XBMC or both?
Both.

Automatic update between major OpenELEC versions isn't supported - it's not recommended either, as so much has changed in terms of settings, addons etc. that it's best to remove your .xbmc folder and start again.

So remove your .xbmc folder, extract the files from the target folder of the OpenELEC tar file into your Update folder and reboot. Then reconfigure your system (re-install addons, re-scrape your library etc.)

You can try updating just OpenELEC without removing your .xbmc folder, but if you have problems that's most likely the cause.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update XBMC to Current Version0