• 170(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2014-12-20, 14:49)ggp759 Wrote: Thanks. Works in openelec as well or just ubuntu per the wiki?

the wiki says linux only; OpenELEC is linux.

(2014-12-20, 16:37)ggp759 Wrote: Thanks so much for all your answers. Hopefully this is the last oneBlush Does 24p works on openelec? video and audio in sync without setting delays? thanks

as per the wiki, yes.

(2014-12-20, 16:47)sylvio2000 Wrote: Hi.
I am stuck at "Booting from Hard Disk"

I followed the instructions for a standalone setup and everything went fine. Seabios is installed and write protect screw is out of the device.
Now I would like to install Ubuntu from usb. I tried 2 different sticks but if I press Esc nothing happens. After 5 sec I only get the message "Booting from Hard Disk" and thats it.

I read that there is a bug in Seabios that prevents the device from booting from usb? Is this bug already solved?

since you see the 'Press ESC for boot menu' text, it means your USB boot media is recognized. The fact that pressing ESC doesn't work means your keyboard is the issue; try using another.

(2014-12-20, 18:00)bounty1097 Wrote: Hi

I installed openelec on my HP chromebox. But now I want to sell my chromebox. So I want to delete the openelec partition and restore to factory condtitions. Please help me.

which part of the instructions on the wiki isn't clear?

(2014-12-20, 18:37)wackid Wrote: I have to same problem... So you say when you have dual boot setup... You get problems if you want to boot from usb?

see above.
Im sure this question has been asked several times already so instead of asking for an explanation can someone link me to a page on this thread that explains how to update to Kodi Helix RC3
(2014-12-20, 21:52)Rojo Wrote: Im sure this question has been asked several times already so instead of asking for an explanation can someone link me to a page on this thread that explains how to update to Kodi Helix RC3
What are you currently running? OE? Ubuntu?, etc
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
(2014-12-20, 21:57)christoofar Wrote:
(2014-12-20, 21:52)Rojo Wrote: Im sure this question has been asked several times already so instead of asking for an explanation can someone link me to a page on this thread that explains how to update to Kodi Helix RC3
What are you currently running? OE? Ubuntu?, etc

Duel booting chrome os with openelec.
Read the openelec web page particularly the warnings about backing up etc

Download the latest openelec tar file.

Transfer to your chromebox and put it in the directory /storage/.update

Reboot
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-12-20, 22:08)nickr Wrote: Read the openelec web page particularly the warnings about backing up etc

Download the latest openelec tar file.

Transfer to your chromebox and put it in the directory /storage/.update

Reboot

That easy, huh?
Easy as pie.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hello,

I removed the firmware screw before i done any of the steps on the tutorial, i have followed the video guide twice and ended up with only chrome booting each time...

Could this be causing me a problem?

Sorry if this has been asked before.
(2014-12-20, 22:23)Jpopgt Wrote: Hello,

I removed the firmware screw before i done any of the steps on the tutorial, i have followed the video guide twice and ended up with only chrome booting each time...

Could this be causing me a problem?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

don't follow any video guide - follow the steps listed in the first post of this thread and you'll be fine. Be sure to do the factory reset before the dual boot install, which the video skips/shows out of order.
Thanks for the reply, I will try this shortly :-)
(2014-12-20, 16:37)ggp759 Wrote: Thanks so much for all your answers. Hopefully this is the last oneBlush Does 24p works on openelec? video and audio in sync without setting delays? thanks

24p is fine, but note that OpenElec has an automatic 175ms audio delay on 24p material to compensate for the required delay that so many people see in XBMC.

Interestingly, I've seen configurations on my equipment with the Chromebox that both require, and do not require, that same delay. Right now it's settled down into the "required" category... and I think the difference is actually between whether you force the video into limited or full range. Sounds stupid, but it's about the only significant change I made during that period.
That's impossible. The change from Full to Limited is approx two lines of code, just a calculation of a simple division. And Limited Range does absolutely nothing when VAAPI Render is active during Video Playback (Use SWFilter off on older versions). It only does something when you are in the menus in that combination.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Maybe so. Maybe it relates to the VAAPI setting (and the xrandr limited option does work with "Use SW Fllter" off - I'm not talking about the Kodi limited option). Or, maybe it's simply the way 24p mode is implemented by various televisions.

Regardless, I know that to solve an issue with my television occasionally mis-detecting Full range as Limited range while in Auto mode, I had forced OpenElec into Limited mode (via xrandr) and also had to specifically cancel out the 175ms delay in AdvancedSettings to maintain audio sync with my receiver. But then I went through the whole banding test, and after settling on Full mode with SW Filter and Kodi-based limited, had to go back and restore the 175ms audio delay.

Not saying the issue is with Kodi in any way (I've experienced a similar required delay with a Dune media player on entirely different brands of hardware) - but perhaps it's with how 24p is handled by other devices in the chain. Or, could have been some bad media I was testing with at the time.
Oki. I did not see that you mean the kernel setting via xrandr. Color handling on intel sucks right now.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Yeah... seems I can either get smooth graduations but high CPU usage, or good CPU usage and banding. When OE RC3 comes out I'll trying VAAPI rendering again, see if I can live with the banding for the CPU usage improvement (I can't quite run 4k videos smoothly with the "Use SW Filter" option enabled right now - I get like 27fps/30fps).
  • 170(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37