• 248(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
Well something is wrong for sure. I'm on gigabyte LAN and I'm getting 25% frame loss.

Any suggestions?
=(
(2015-02-25, 13:36)Reb313 Wrote: Well something is wrong for sure. I'm on gigabyte LAN and I'm getting 25% frame loss.

Any suggestions?
=(

yes, ask for help on the Steam forums. This isn't related to ChromeBox hardware, Kodi, or my script at all
(2015-02-25, 16:52)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-02-25, 13:36)Reb313 Wrote: Well something is wrong for sure. I'm on gigabyte LAN and I'm getting 25% frame loss.

Any suggestions?
=(

yes, ask for help on the Steam forums. This isn't related to ChromeBox hardware, Kodi, or my script at all

Will do, thanks!
(2015-02-25, 10:03)Matt Devo Wrote: weird, my unifying receivers work 100%, regardless of port used. Maybe it's your devices, not the receivers. Also, why are you using more than one receiver? kinda defeats the purpose unless you're moving one device between multiple systems

Im using a logitech keyboard with trackpad, i wanted the mouse to have ts own receiver for portability.
Besides, If i didnt use it, i'd probably lose the receiver anyways.
If it's a K400, then I'm not surprised it's problematic
(2015-02-25, 02:49)BenH Wrote:
(2015-02-25, 02:14)Matt Devo Wrote: so I talked to the Intel linux driver devs. The amount of system memory available as GPU memory to any application is completely dynamic, up to 2GB. The 256MB is just the aperture size. Steam's VRAM detection is completely broken, so it reporting 268.12MB or whatever is bogus and has no effect on performance. I don't think upping the aperture to 512MB would make any real difference in performance.

OK, thanks for looking into it.

I had an issue with video tearing on Ubuntu with mythtv frontend and tried the TearFree option in xorg, which fixed the tearing but made the video stutter occasionally (only in myth, not in kodi). I have now removed the TearFree option and installed the compton composite manager, which so far looks like it's fixed the tearing without stuttering.

I had the exact same issue. TearFree/20-intel.conf fixed tearing in Chrome for Netflix/Mubi (etc), but introduced stuttering in nearly every file on Kodi. Not much of a solution.

I'll have a look at using Compton instead.
(2015-02-25, 18:17)theslime Wrote: I had the exact same issue. TearFree/20-intel.conf fixed tearing in Chrome for Netflix/Mubi (etc), but introduced stuttering in nearly every file on Kodi. Not much of a solution.

I'll have a look at using Compton instead.

With a little testing last night, Compton with my current settings has not solved my issues 100%. Video playback is still not 100% smooth in mythtv.

But having the TearFree option in xorg was only affecting mythtv for me. All files were playing fine in kodi without stuttering, so perhaps there are some Kodi settings that you need to fix?

Ben
(2015-02-25, 18:00)Matt Devo Wrote: If it's a K400, then I'm not surprised it's problematic
Just curious what the issues are with Logitec K400 as i have a K400r and it works well as long as i'm not more than 3m from the receiver.
I'm a XBMC novice :)
(2015-02-26, 12:02)skylarking Wrote: Just curious what the issues are with Logitec K400 as i have a K400r and it works well as long as i'm not more than 3m from the receiver.

as per the wiki, it's known to be problematic on the dev mode boot screen, which makes it useless for dual boot users. Once the OS is loaded, it works fine.
I know this is off topic but I've searched for such a long time and can't seem to find any info.

Does anyone know how to get emulators working with openelec and chromebox? I found plenty of info for Pi but nothing for chromebox.

Emulators such as mame or snes. I tried retroarch but I got an error message when trying to install it. Something like dependencies not met.

Any help would be very welcome :-)
(2015-02-27, 01:06)pugger Wrote: I know this is off topic but I've searched for such a long time and can't seem to find any info.

Does anyone know how to get emulators working with openelec and chromebox? I found plenty of info for Pi but nothing for chromebox.

Emulators such as mame or snes. I tried retroarch but I got an error message when trying to install it. Something like dependencies not met.

this isn't ChromeBox specific, the answer to your question would apply to any x86-based OpenELEC setup. Try the OE forums?
(2015-02-27, 01:06)pugger Wrote: I know this is off topic but I've searched for such a long time and can't seem to find any info.

I would ask this in a separate thread in the linux section. I would also just use kodibuntu for emulators untill we have them built into xbmc.
script updated to version 3.13:

- update to OE 5.0.4 (Kodi 14.2-beta2)
- synchronized coreboot and SeaBIOS to latest upstream codebases
- update function to create OpenELEC installer - improve reliability

Also revamped the wiki - added an overview section, explain the ChromeBox boot process, consolidate the known issues and troubleshooting sections.
(2015-02-26, 17:09)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-02-26, 12:02)skylarking Wrote: Just curious what the issues are with Logitec K400 as i have a K400r and it works well as long as i'm not more than 3m from the receiver.
as per the wiki, it's known to be problematic on the dev mode boot screen, which makes it useless for dual boot users. Once the OS is loaded, it works fine.
Thanks Mat, via the chromebox wiki in your signature, i also found mention of K400 issues in the trouble shooting section.
In that wiki, there was also a link to this thread that discusses keyboards that work in chromebox developer screen.

I learn something every day Nod
It's just to remember what i learn for more than a few days Rofl
I'm a XBMC novice :)
Yes, I know, I wrote/maintain the Chromebox wiki page Smile
  • 248(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37