• 292(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
Thanks Matt. Looking forward to the USB boot option for dual os config

On another note, is anyone having freezes using OpenElec when setup with a USB dac?

Direct connection of openelec box to TV, no issues. Freeze occurs randomly with USB dac on OpenElec 5.0.7. Have installed ubuntu 14.04 with usb dac and initially had some glitches. Updated the kernel and so far so good. Would really like to get the usb dac working on OpenElec.
(2015-05-06, 09:32)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2015-05-06, 09:20)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-05-06, 09:17)busta.rhymes Wrote: Yesterday i wanted to use my chromebox and discoverd that my ps3 remote didnt work anymore. So i switched to the Kore Remote Android App for a second and then discoverdf that the ps3 bluetooth remote had been disconnected.
Is this something that happens often and what could of caused it?

can't say I've seen this happen. Perhaps a glitch in an OpenELEC update that reset any BT connections?

Yep, seems to be a bug with OE. It happens to me with my Harmony Smart Control, but only started after updating to 5.0.8.

@Tinwarble

can you recommend a version wich works... and maybe provide a download link also?
Must be 5.0.6 or 5.0.7 then http://ftp.vim.org/mediaplayer/openelec/
| myHTPC |
(2015-05-06, 10:03)busta.rhymes Wrote: @Tinwarble

can you recommend a version wich works... and maybe provide a download link also?

I skipped .7, but I don't remember it happening in .6, that would be the one that I'd try first.

Link: http://releases.openelec.tv/OpenELEC-Gen...-5.0.6.tar

Link Diskimage: http://releases.openelec.tv/OpenELEC-Gen...efi.img.gz
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks, how do i install 5.06 if 5.08 is currently installed?
(2015-05-06, 09:52)zenwave Wrote: Thanks Matt. Looking forward to the USB boot option for dual os config

On another note, is anyone having freezes using OpenElec when setup with a USB dac?

Direct connection of openelec box to TV, no issues. Freeze occurs randomly with USB dac on OpenElec 5.0.7. Have installed ubuntu 14.04 with usb dac and initially had some glitches. Updated the kernel and so far so good. Would really like to get the usb dac working on OpenElec.

not a DAC, but my Turtle Beach USB/toslink output is working fine

(2015-05-06, 13:08)busta.rhymes Wrote: Thanks, how do i install 5.06 if 5.08 is currently installed?

same as any manual update - drop the .tar file in the update folder and reboot. instructions are on OE wiki.
Hey Matt,

I think I have done something stupid ...
I used OpenElec a while without any trouble - got it through your script onto my HP Chromebox. Today I have tried to switch back to Chrome OS. I followed the guide in the wiki but I had no backup of the firmware. So I have downloaded (curl -L -o stock-firmware.rom https://db.tt/8NmzlrZ6) and flashed it like it is explained. But now .. I am stuck on the "Chrome OS is missing or damaged" screen. I cannot enter the developer mode (nothing happens if i press the recovery button) but the OS verification is still disabled. Every time I use the original Google recovery (from an usb stick) it seems to work, says I have to unplug the usb stick to finish and if I do this, the box restarts and tells "Chrome OS is missing or damaged" again.

If I press tab, I get the following hint : "recovery_reason: 0x14 RW firmware key version rollback detected".

Do you have any idea, what I can do? I have no more ideas, I tried everything several times .. nothing seems to work.
Thank you. Smile
(2015-05-01, 15:57)dchabby Wrote: Anyone using their chromebox with openelec and tvheadend as a PVR ?

I went through the growing pains of installing tvheadend and getting it all set up with my hd homerun OTA tuner and getting the EPG data with Mc2xml.

Thought I was golden as I wanted to just use this box for live tv and PVR duty and leave my desktop out of it.

Problem I am having is with my external USB3 portable hard drive. Every time it wakes up from sleep to record a show it doesn't mount the drive.

And yesterday it actually woke up, mounted the drive, and started a recording but for some reason stopped recording half way through and missed the second show I had scheduled.

When I went to check it the drive had again been unmounted.

Is there anyone using the box this way ? Any problems with mounting drives ?

edit - just adding that I have the kodi option enabled to shut down (suspend) after 15 minutes of idle time

So let me re-phrase this - anyone having problems with portable external usb drives not mounting properly or unmounting themselves ?

Would this be a hardware or software issue ? Or maybe I have an incorrect setting somewhere ?

Really want to use this for PVR duty on its own and not have a backend running elsewhere.

TIA
(2015-05-06, 23:09)zajad Wrote: Hey Matt,

I think I have done something stupid ...
I used OpenElec a while without any trouble - got it through your script onto my HP Chromebox. Today I have tried to switch back to Chrome OS. I followed the guide in the wiki but I had no backup of the firmware. So I have downloaded (curl -L -o stock-firmware.rom https://db.tt/8NmzlrZ6) and flashed it like it is explained. But now .. I am stuck on the "Chrome OS is missing or damaged" screen. I cannot enter the developer mode (nothing happens if i press the recovery button) but the OS verification is still disabled. Every time I use the original Google recovery (from an usb stick) it seems to work, says I have to unplug the usb stick to finish and if I do this, the box restarts and tells "Chrome OS is missing or damaged" again.

If I press tab, I get the following hint : "recovery_reason: 0x14 RW firmware key version rollback detected".

Do you have any idea, what I can do? I have no more ideas, I tried everything several times .. nothing seems to work.
Thank you. Smile

hit tab 2x to get the full error, take a picture, and sent me a PM with it
Amazon has the Asus CHROMEBOX-M075U 4th Generation Core i3 Google Chome OS Mini Desktop PC for $259 with free shipping. This model features 4K playback support and includes a wireless keyboard and mouse.

Intel Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz, 4GB RAM, 16GB SSD (100GB cloud)
Intel HD 4400, 802.11b/g/n, DisplayPort, HDMI, USB 3.0, Chrome OS

Asus Chromebox 4th Gen Core i3 Chome Desktop PC $259 at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00JY4Q52U
meh, no real advantage over the celeron for Kodi
(2014-12-14, 23:22)hansibull Wrote:
(2014-12-14, 22:39)jsp1 Wrote:
(2014-12-14, 22:01)hansibull Wrote: Hi!
I just got my chromebox today (i3 model), and I've successfully installed Ubuntu in a dual boot mode. I got a Pioneer VSX-923 AV receiver, that supports most audio formats. My problem is that I cant get system audio working (GUI sounds etc)! The audio is not working in Chrome OS either. I've chosen my receiver in the audio settings in Kodi (HDA Intel, PIO VSX-923 on HDMI #0), and since I've enabled pass through audio, All movies and TV-shows (even those who only have a 2.0 sound track) got audio, but no system audio. If I change the resolution to something else that 1080p, I also get the system audio back, but now the resolution doesn't fit my TV. I also have issues with the well known black screen, when I reboot or change the source on my AV Receiver.
If I go to the audio settings and use the Output configuration "Fixed", My AV receiver is showing PCM on the display (and 5.1 ch, since that's my setup) and now I also got System audio! The problem is that If I'm watching a DTS-HD movie, it still says PCM on the display.

Will there be a patch that fixes these AVR related issues? Smile

If your receiver reports PCM 5.1 then you aren't getting passthrough. It sounds like your audio is being decoded on the Chromebox. This shouldn't be happening with a VSX-923. Possibly an Ubuntu thing and not a Kodi issue.

I only get PCM if I choose "fixed output configuration" If I choose "Best match" or "Optimized", I don't get any audio at all. Since I get a black screen every time I do some changes on the AVR, it seems like this is the EDID problem.

I had this problem with the VSX-822. I couldn't get 2ch aac tracks, or airplay to play. After trying all the combinations, I solved the issue by setting to "best match", 2.0 output channels (even though a 5.1 system), stereo upmix on, enable dolby digital transcoding. Also, somewhere i had to switch the sample frequency or something to 192k.

Now everything works, except the airplay is out of sync with other airplay targets (main mac, airport expresses, the VSX-822 itself). Kodi is run on an intel NUC.
(2015-05-07, 00:03)z31fanatic Wrote: Amazon has the Asus CHROMEBOX-M075U 4th Generation Core i3 Google Chome OS Mini Desktop PC for $259 with free shipping. This model features 4K playback support and includes a wireless keyboard and mouse.

Intel Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz, 4GB RAM, 16GB SSD (100GB cloud)
Intel HD 4400, 802.11b/g/n, DisplayPort, HDMI, USB 3.0, Chrome OS

Asus Chromebox 4th Gen Core i3 Chome Desktop PC $259 at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00JY4Q52U

Would have been a good buy a week ago, with the $80 rebate.
(2015-05-06, 10:03)busta.rhymes Wrote:
(2015-05-06, 09:32)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2015-05-06, 09:20)Matt Devo Wrote: can't say I've seen this happen. Perhaps a glitch in an OpenELEC update that reset any BT connections?

Yep, seems to be a bug with OE. It happens to me with my Harmony Smart Control, but only started after updating to 5.0.8.

@Tinwarble

Short update... check your Batteries mate... it could be that the issue is relatet to them getting empty. Not 100% sure yet but will update soon.
(2015-05-07, 09:13)busta.rhymes Wrote: Short update... check your Batteries mate... it could be that the issue is relatet to them getting empty. Not 100% sure yet but will update soon.

Yeah, pretty sure it's not the batteries since the Harmony Smart Control Hub doesn't use batteries (it uses a wall wart) and the remote has nothing to do with the BT connection. Wink
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
  • 292(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37