• 297(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
Good point. No need for any update then.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I'm having trouble with the openelec install on an Asus Chromebox. I have installed the bios upgrade and got to the point where I created the openelec install media and rebooted.

I hit esc and select #2 for my usb drive then I get "no signal".

Any ideas?
(2015-05-14, 02:16)mikmak8902 Wrote: I'm having trouble with the openelec install on an Asus Chromebox. I have installed the bios upgrade and got to the point where I created the openelec install media and rebooted.

Any ideas?

assuming you mean the monitor reports no signal from the ChromeBox, redo the OpenELEC install media from another machine as per the wiki
(2015-05-14, 02:23)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-05-14, 02:16)mikmak8902 Wrote: I'm having trouble with the openelec install on an Asus Chromebox. I have installed the bios upgrade and got to the point where I created the openelec install media and rebooted.

Any ideas?

assuming you mean the monitor reports no signal from the ChromeBox, redo the OpenELEC install media from another machine as per the wiki

That's correct and thank you.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I have no choice but to install Isengard 15 beta on a dualboot install, right? Would I have any issues downgrading to Kodi 14.2 after running ez script (chrome OS/ Openelec dualboot). I understand it's fine for some but I like what I already have. Getting another box in the house. Ta.
Correct, just install as normal, then downgrade to 5.0.8 via a manual update as per the OE wiki
(2015-05-14, 02:25)mikmak8902 Wrote:
(2015-05-14, 02:23)Matt Devo Wrote:

Any ideas?

That's correct and thank you.

hmmm ... I recreated the media and now when I boot, hit esc, hit #2 for my thumb drive, I actually see the install menu for about 4 seconds and then the monitor goes black again. I don't have a dvi > displayport cable. I'm using a dvi to displayport adapter. I'm wondering if it's a pass through and may be giving me trouble.
It's definitely the problem, use HDMI to DVI instead
(2015-05-14, 02:34)Matt Devo Wrote: Correct, just install as normal, then downgrade to 5.0.8 via a manual update as per the OE wiki

Thanks Matt!
(2015-05-14, 02:47)Matt Devo Wrote: It's definitely the problem, use HDMI to DVI instead

Well, I am setting up in my den on my computer monitor. I may simply take it down to where the TV is and plug it in there to finish the installation. Thank you so much for the very quick replies!
(2015-05-14, 02:53)mikmak8902 Wrote: Well, I am setting up in my den on my computer monitor. I may simply take it down to where the TV is and plug it in there to finish the installation. Thank you so much for the very quick replies!

that's fine, just don't use a DisplayPort->anything cable/adapter/whatever. DisplayPort->HDMI/DVI actually outputs a HDMI/DVI signal over the DisplayPort interface, which doesn't get recognized as the primary output (not sure if it's OE-specific or an issue with Intel's Linux drivers). Straight DisplayPort is fine, as is HDMI/DVI/VGA out of the HDMI port.
(2015-05-14, 02:51)Arse4life Wrote:
(2015-05-14, 02:34)Matt Devo Wrote: Correct, just install as normal, then downgrade to 5.0.8 via a manual update as per the OE wiki

Thanks Matt!

np. If I get bored later I'll add an option to the script to use the beta or stable version of OE
Noob question:

Hi, I'm running Openelec on the 4gb RAM Chromebox.

What is the best cache settings to use? Just leave it default or the '0 cache' tweak, a tuxen or a custom one?

I've been struggling with a buffering at various times and seeing can I help the situation at all.

Thanks
(2015-05-14, 21:41)Batesy2007 Wrote: Noob question:

Hi, I'm running Openelec on the 4gb RAM Chromebox.

What is the best cache settings to use? Just leave it default or the '0 cache' tweak, a tuxen or a custom one?

I've been struggling with a buffering at various times and seeing can I help the situation at all.

Thanks

no idea, but since it's not ChromeBox specific, you'll likely get input from the general Kodi section. I haven't touched any caching settings, but I stream everything from my NAS over a gig-e connection, so buffering isn't something I have to contend with
Ah right, I just thought there may be specific cache settings depending on how much RAM you have at your disposal.
  • 297(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37