• 298(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2015-05-14, 21:47)Batesy2007 Wrote: Ah right, I just thought there may be specific cache settings depending on how much RAM you have at your disposal.

possibly, but not device specific nor hardware related. Plus, the wiki already has a pretty good explanation with examples: HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache (wiki)
Hi Matt,

I installed a dual boot setup on a new Asus Chromebox but noticed that Kodi 15 is now installed. Is there a way to go back to 14.2?

I've tried putting 14.2 on a SD card, pressing Esc in the boot menu and tried to install via the SD but it doesn't install. I get the OpenElec install screen, it goes blank and then restarts again into Isengard.

Any ideas on how to revert back to 14.2? Your help is always appreciated.

*edit* I forgot to mention that I've tried two different SD cards.

Cheers
(2015-05-14, 02:32)Arse4life Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong but I have no choice but to install Isengard 15 beta on a dualboot install, right? Would I have any issues downgrading to Kodi 14.2 after running ez script (chrome OS/ Openelec dualboot). I understand it's fine for some but I like what I already have. Getting another box in the house. Ta.

I've now added an option to the script to install either the latest stable or latest beta version.

(2015-05-15, 04:43)eros28 Wrote: I installed a dual boot setup on a new Asus Chromebox but noticed that Kodi 15 is now installed. Is there a way to go back to 14.2?

you can re-run the script and now it will give you the option of which version you want to install.
(2015-05-15, 06:44)Matt Devo Wrote: I've now added an option to the script to install either the latest stable or latest beta version.
you can re-run the script and now it will give you the option of which version you want to install.

Awesome news; really appreciate having the option! Did my friend's Chromebox 2 days ago only find out the ez script installed the beta version. (which was having SSH issues)
Had to manually download stable version, find software to create bootable USB drive, and then create install media to downgrade beta version to stable.

(2015-05-14, 02:34)Matt Devo Wrote: Correct, just install as normal, then downgrade to 5.0.8 via a manual update as per the OE wiki
I wish I read this 2 days ago! lol Had no idea you can downgrade using this simple method. Thought it could only be used for upgrades. Thanks for mentioning this. :-)
4GB ODROID N2 64GB eMMC, Asus i3 Chromebox 128GB, Nvidia Shield TV Pro, Wetek Hub, AFTV
CoreELEC Nightly, LibreELEC 9.2, Kodi 20.2 
LG 65" OLED C9 and Integra DRX 3.4 w/ Dirac Live Atmos 5.1.2
Is it possible to increase the black level on the chromebox?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-05-15, 17:52)movie78 Wrote: Is it possible to increase the black level on the chromebox?

I don't think you're asking the question you think you are, because the answer to what you asked is to raise the brightness setting on your display.
(2015-05-14, 21:43)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-05-14, 21:41)Batesy2007 Wrote: Noob question:

Hi, I'm running Openelec on the 4gb RAM Chromebox.

What is the best cache settings to use? Just leave it default or the '0 cache' tweak, a tuxen or a custom one?

I've been struggling with a buffering at various times and seeing can I help the situation at all.

Thanks

no idea, but since it's not ChromeBox specific, you'll likely get input from the general Kodi section. I haven't touched any caching settings, but I stream everything from my NAS over a gig-e connection, so buffering isn't something I have to contend with

Inbox me. I can walk you thru the process. You will then be able to do this on any other device.
4GB ODROID N2 64GB eMMC, Asus i3 Chromebox 128GB, Nvidia Shield TV Pro, Wetek Hub, AFTV
CoreELEC Nightly, LibreELEC 9.2, Kodi 20.2 
LG 65" OLED C9 and Integra DRX 3.4 w/ Dirac Live Atmos 5.1.2
Matt, when I'm in chromed command prompt, my screen borders cut off a large portion of the screen. I'm using an lcd TV as a monitor, I have multiple tvs all with the same problem but no monitors to try it on. Is there a way to adjust the chrome command prompt window borders?

Thank you for all the work you've done!
You need to disable overscan on your TV; the setting will be manufacturer (or model series) specific so just Google it
High marks on being able to choose between stable v beta version during installation, Matt. Well done!
(2015-05-15, 18:36)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-05-15, 17:52)movie78 Wrote: Is it possible to increase the black level on the chromebox?

I don't think you're asking the question you think you are, because the answer to what you asked is to raise the brightness setting on your display.

I have multiple boxes going into the same display(HDMI) Port,but the black levels on the ChromeBox is worst.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
You're doing a really good job of talking around the problem / what you're trying to do

I trust you've read the wiki section on color space / black levels?
(2015-05-15, 21:02)Matt Devo Wrote: You're doing a really good job of talking around the problem / what you're trying to do

I trust you've read the wiki section on color space / black levels?

I am going try the solution in the Wiki and report back.

"Color Range Selection"

Solution: add the following line to the autostart script and reboot the device:
xrandr --output HDMI1 --set "Broadcast RGB" "Full"
Adjust (turn off) overscan on your tv.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Not sure if anyone can help, chromebox was working fine but booted up today and get "error in check_disks" and more, any help gratefully received.
  • 298(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37