• 299(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2015-05-15, 22:26)stueybuk Wrote: Not sure if anyone can help, chromebox was working fine but booted up today and get "error in check_disks" and more, any help gratefully received.

is it the same error as listed in the wiki (with solution)? If not, you'll need to give a lot more detail: standalone or dual boot? OS? full error text (ideally with a picture).
(2015-05-15, 21:51)nickr Wrote: Adjust (turn off) overscan on your tv.

I don't it is overscan.

It looks like it has a white glare on the screen.
And this is only on the Chromebox.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Cheers for reply Matt, will check wiki now,

This is issue,

***Error in check_disks: could not repair filesystem, dropping to debug shell, try to run 'fsck' manually: ***
### Starting debugging shell... type exit to quit ###
sh: can't access tty: job control turned off
(2015-05-15, 22:41)movie78 Wrote: I don't it is overscan.

dude, we can't help you if you refuse to provide any real information about the problem. The wiki entry on color range selection also has a test video and a picture showing you the correct output. Perhaps you could use that as a reference and then try describing how yours deviates from the correct output?

and I hope you've tried connecting the ChromeBox to your TV directly, to rule out your receiver as the problem (reporting incorrect color space, for example).
Thanks Matt, checked wiki, sorted. Much appreciated sir.
(2015-05-15, 22:41)movie78 Wrote:

I don't it is overscan.

Sorry that message about overscan wasn't directed at you.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

I don't it is overscan.

if possibile try to set hdmi (in tv settings) to limited instead of full

instead in my case (with vt60 panny) i set +3 for brightness cause for me black are too much black Big Grin
I had a custom firmware installed and it worked great for me. Then I was about to sell my Chromebox so I wanted to restore it its default state.
So I booted up into shell, and did downloaded firmware from https://db.tt/8NmzlrZ6 followd by sudo flashrom -w stock-firmware.rom
It all went well, but then after reboot I got this nasty error

This is all I get even after 2x tabs. Non of ctrl+d ctrl+u etc works. None of recovery USB sticks are accepted.

Did I brick it?
I'll have to do some research and get back to you
(2015-05-16, 00:01)gcardinal Wrote: I had a custom firmware installed and it worked great for me. Then I was about to sell my Chromebox so I wanted to restore it its default state.
So I booted up into shell, and did downloaded firmware from https://db.tt/8NmzlrZ6 followd by sudo flashrom -w stock-firmware.rom
It all went well, but then after reboot I got this nasty error

This is all I get even after 2x tabs. Non of ctrl+d ctrl+u etc works. None of recovery USB sticks are accepted.

Did I brick it?

sorta - it appears I misconfigured the stock firmware images linked from the wiki. I've fixed the issue, but your box will need to be re-flashed using an external programmer. I sent you a PM (or two).

I don't it is overscan.

Chromebox defaults to rgb limited. You need to run run a script at launch to reconfigure the rgb mode to rgb full.
script update 2015-05-17

- add option to install OpenELEC to USB/SD for ChromeOS users
Please help!
Dual boot setup working perfectly for 4/5 months until one day my hp chromebox came up with this error message. i am literally unable to do anything!
any ideas?
Thanks!
(2015-05-17, 17:38)Markyboy8891 Wrote: Please help!
Dual boot setup working perfectly for 4/5 months until one day my hp chromebox came up with this error message. i am literally unable to do anything!
any ideas?
Thanks!

that picture indicates that you did a factory reset, as it shows the stock (non-working) SeaBIOS version string, and is trying to boot ChromeOS off the internal hard drive (which it cannot do in legacy boot mode). You need to re-install OpenELEC using the script.
Thank you for the reply Matt, i appreciate your time.
if only it were that easy. i must admit the picture i sent was after i tried the factory reset. Though the error message prior was fairly similar.
I try to press esc upon statup for boot menu but the box will not offer power to the keyboard until after the error shows up, then unfortunately no key strike will take me any further.
Alternatively when i boot whilst pressing the reset button, the box turns on but the screen stays off.
i feel lost without it! :'(
  • 299(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37