• 463(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
So for the last week or so, the WiFi on this has stopped working. The asus chromebox is still connected to my network but it's not connecting to the Internet. To fix this, I have to restart my router and then restart the chromebox. After the restart, it works as it should.

My first thought was obviously "it's a problem with my router" but I literally have no problems with my other devices (laptops, Xbox, phones, etc) - they all remain working even after the chromebox stops.

Any ideas? Issue with the chromebox or the router?
Router
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-09-08, 03:52)nickr Wrote: Router

Ugh. But why am I only having issues with the chromebox then? Why not anything else?
Try doing basic tests like ping. That's the only way to really diagnose.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-09-08, 04:49)nickr Wrote: Try doing basic tests like ping. That's the only way to really diagnose.

I've run ping, no issues.

Not to beat a dead horse here but are you sure this isnt isn't an issue with the chromebox/libraelec?
Maybe you should boot a live Linux distro from a USB stick and test if you have the same issue there. It would rule out the Chromebox hardware.
(2016-09-08, 05:00)A2K81 Wrote: I've run ping, no issues.

Not to beat a dead horse here but are you sure this isnt isn't an issue with the chromebox/libraelec?

it's not a known issue with the hardware or software, so all we can do is point you towards basic network troubleshooting steps
So what is the result of, say,
Code:
ping 8.8.8.8
when this problem appears?
(2016-09-08, 05:02)Boulder Wrote: Maybe you should boot a live Linux distro from a USB stick and test if you have the same issue there. It would rule out the Chromebox hardware.

I'd be happy to. Not sure I quite know how to go about that though!
(2016-09-08, 05:35)A2K81 Wrote: I'd be happy to. Not sure I quite know how to go about that though!

download the Ubuntu 16.04 ISO. Use Rufus (assuming using a Windows machine) to write the ISO to USB. Power off Chromebox, insert USB, power on, press ESC for boot menu when prompted, select USB device.
Hello Everyone

Need help

Need a Small help with the Asus Chrome box. I have it all setup and working.
I just changed the Tv from a 32 inch to a 55inch one and the Chrome box does not show any display.
If i connect it back to the 32 inch Tv all is well. I have checked all the cables they are fine.
I have a Raspberry Pi2 running Libraelec and the same is happening on that too.

The only difference is if i remove the HDMI cable from the RPi and wait for the light to flicker and connect it back i am able to get the display working and every thing works fine unless i reboot again.But the same behaviou is not happening with the chromebox
Probably guisettings.xml is stuck on a resolution setting that isn't compatible with the new TV.

At the crudest level backup guisettings.xml with kodi not running and then restart kodi.

If you are on open/libreelec you can stop kodi with
Code:
systemctl stop kodi
(2016-09-08, 05:31)nickr Wrote: So what is the result of, say,
Code:
ping 8.8.8.8
when this problem appears?

So it just happened again and I ran a few ping tests. Pinging (is that a thing?) 8.8.8.8 and the IP address of my router from resulted in the following (the numbers differ but the overall results are similar):

Reply from [8.8.8.8 or Router IP]: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=64
Reply from [8.8.8.8 or Router IP]: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for [8.8.8.8 or Router IP]:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 2ms, Average = 1ms

When I ran ping on the Kodi IP address I got the following:

Pinging 192.xxx.x.xxx with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 192.xxx.x.xxx:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)

**UPDATE: I left the Chromebox on for the time it spent me to run the tests, write the post above, etc. About 10 minutes maybe. And now the Chromebox is connected to the internet again, no router restart required. Ping results similar to the 8.8.8.8 results above.
(2016-09-08, 22:21)nickr Wrote: Probably guisettings.xml is stuck on a resolution setting that isn't compatible with the new TV.

At the crudest level backup guisettings.xml with kodi not running and then restart kodi.

If you are on open/libreelec you can stop kodi with
Code:
systemctl stop kodi

Hi Nick

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Tried it but no luck it is still stuck at no signal screen on the TV.
Also if i do the unplug HDMI and wait for a few seconds and then plug it back in the resolution this time did not come at 1080P it changed to 640.
I believe that was because of the file that we removed.
Any other suggestions.
@A2K81 if you can ping 8.8.8.8 then you are connected to the internet.
  • 463(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37