• 472(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
Quote:I'd check in on the LE forums. I know there were a lot of underlying changes to the BT stack, but that's about it. My PS3 remote and BT audio work fine; my Harmony One is IR only so can't test your issue specifically

finally got it working - i had to update the hub firmware. i figured this out myself just a shot in the dark thats what it may be because of course there are no notifications to do this with the smart remote and logitech ruined their forums they are unusable now. all good now though
(2016-09-23, 04:27)McButton Wrote: My EDID test showed:
card0 card0-HDMI-A-1 controlD64 ttm
card0-DP-1 card0-HDMI-A-2 renderD128 version
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LABEL linux
KERNEL /KERNEL
APPEND boot=LABEL=System disk=LABEL=Storage quiet initrd=/edid.cpio drm_kms_helper.edid_firmware=HDMI-A-1:edid/edid.bin video=HDMI-A-1:D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using HDMI 1. Does this look like the correct info? Can I set it for both / all ports regardless or must it always be plugged into what is set?

yes, looks correct, but I can't say I've tested forcing multiple outputs on regardless of connected status, so you'd be wading into uncharted waters
No big deal. 1 is all I was hoping. Still doesn't work. Hdmi1 with everything set. No audio on resume. Going to have to just leave it on or get a different tv, I suppose.
(2016-09-23, 08:14)McButton Wrote: No big deal. 1 is all I was hoping. Still doesn't work. Hdmi1 with everything set. No audio on resume. Going to have to just leave it on or get a different tv, I suppose.
can you ssh in after doing so and provide the URL from 'dmesg | pastebinit' so I can see what's up. preferably do a fresh boot, suspend, resume, test audio, then grab the log
Hi Matt thank you kindly for helping me the other day. I also have a quick question is it possible to install librelec on the Samsung chromebox as I have one of the 1st ones. Ithe would be great if you can guide me. Thank you kindly.
(2016-09-24, 00:00)sunnylovpreet Wrote: Hi Matt thank you kindly for helping me the other day. I also have a quick question is it possible to install librelec on the Samsung chromebox as I have one of the 1st ones. Ithe would be great if you can guide me. Thank you kindly.

see wiki entry on the Samsung Chromeboxes. I have firmware for it, but some people are reporting problems so I don't recommend it at this time
Sorry I meant samsung chromebook the laptop.
(2016-09-24, 00:06)sunnylovpreet Wrote: Sorry I meant samsung chromebook the laptop.

hard to say, there's a lot of different models. If it's an Intel-based one then it's probably supported by my Firmware Utility Script, so you could use that and go from there
Hi I'm wondering if anyone can help me as I am going around in circles and banging my head against a (bricked chrome) wall, recently my hp chromebox running a dual boot setup with openELEC was somehow reset to just the chrome OS, so I reinstalled Kodi with libreELEC and chose the 1second boot option in to Kodi, however whenever I tried to boot into chrome by pushing ctrl+d it didn't work so I decided to reset the chromebox with the recovery media with usb, this seemed to work fine until it got to the stage where I took the USB out for it to reboot, the OS verification screen appeared, followed by the seabios, then the screen just went blank, i turned the box off and back on and I got the same thing happened again, pushing the space bar at the OS verification does nothing, neither does pushing escape button at the seabios screen to enter the boot menu, the only thing that does make a difference is inserting the USB when I boot up and it takes me to a screen with the chrome logo but nothing else happens, pushing ctrl&d on boot up does nothing and I can't access the developer console either, I am really at a loss as to what else to try?
(2016-09-24, 13:27)stevie_boy_84 Wrote: Hi I'm wondering if anyone can help me as I am going around in circles and banging my head against a (bricked chrome) wall, recently my hp chromebox running a dual boot setup with openELEC was somehow reset to just the chrome OS, so I reinstalled Kodi with libreELEC and chose the 1second boot option in to Kodi, however whenever I tried to boot into chrome by pushing ctrl+d it didn't work so I decided to reset the chromebox with the recovery media with usb, this seemed to work fine until it got to the stage where I took the USB out for it to reboot, the OS verification screen appeared, followed by the seabios, then the screen just went blank, i turned the box off and back on and I got the same thing happened again, pushing the space bar at the OS verification does nothing, neither does pushing escape button at the seabios screen to enter the boot menu, the only thing that does make a difference is inserting the USB when I boot up and it takes me to a screen with the chrome logo but nothing else happens, pushing ctrl&d on boot up does nothing and I can't access the developer console either, I am really at a loss as to what else to try?
press CTRL+D earlier or find a keyboard that works - that's the only issue here, besides you having done a factory reset with the boot flags still set. Then reinstall LibreELEC via the EZ Setup Script.
So basically the keyboard isn't connecting quick enough to register the commands, with using a different keyboard what would you suggest, would a USB one be better as I am currently using the Bluetooth one that came with the chromebox. Thanks for your help
Hey Matt,

Disconnecting the Bluetooth PS3 remote fixed the issue of it randomly turning on, I've got a flirc which I'm using instead now and a IR remote, so it's all good.

Looking into another issue where after resuming from sleep, any movie I try to play says the file is not their, I have SMB shares mounted, when I try to access the SMB shares it says "Connection timed out", only removing and re-adding the shares fixes this.

The shares are on a NAS which is always on and available and never sleeps, on Kodi I'm using the DNS name( I have a fully functioning DNS), I think I may just switch to I.P instead as after reading around their may be a few issues with DNS, might also downgrade to a stable build if that doesn't fix it.
Guys, my chromebox won't wake from suspend any more.

Prior to my move, i had it plugged into the router. Now i'm using wifi. I've given the chromebox a static IP.

It won't power back on after I've suspended it, using Yatse (i have to manually power it back on)

It's running LibreELEC
@Travisc,

Don't think WOL over WiFi is possible unless the Chromebox's sleep state has the WiFi module in some kind of low power state to receive the signal.
(2016-09-24, 18:27)stevie_boy_84 Wrote: So basically the keyboard isn't connecting quick enough to register the commands, with using a different keyboard what would you suggest, would a USB one be better as I am currently using the Bluetooth one that came with the chromebox. Thanks for your help
If the keyboard has a USB receiver then its not BT, and if you used it to put the box in Developer Mode originally then it should still work. Just make sure you're hitting CTRL+D before SeaBIOS comes up.
(2016-09-24, 18:31)RayTrace77 Wrote: Hey Matt,

Disconnecting the Bluetooth PS3 remote fixed the issue of it randomly turning on, I've got a flirc which I'm using instead now and a IR remote, so it's all good.

Looking into another issue where after resuming from sleep, any movie I try to play says the file is not their, I have SMB shares mounted, when I try to access the SMB shares it says "Connection timed out", only removing and re-adding the shares fixes this.

The shares are on a NAS which is always on and available and never sleeps, on Kodi I'm using the DNS name( I have a fully functioning DNS), I think I may just switch to I.P instead as after reading around their may be a few issues with DNS, might also downgrade to a stable build if that doesn't fix it.
I've always used IP mapped shares and never had an issue; haven't tested anything name based
(2016-09-24, 18:40)Travisc Wrote: Guys, my chromebox won't wake from suspend any more.

Prior to my move, i had it plugged into the router. Now i'm using wifi. I've given the chromebox a static IP.

It won't power back on after I've suspended it, using Yatse (i have to manually power it back on)

It's running LibreELEC
WoL is ethernet only - don't know of any WiFi cards that support WoWLAN under Linux
  • 472(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37