Linux - Asus/HP/Acer/Dell ChromeBox EZ Setup (OpenELEC/Linux+Kodi) [v3.13 - 2015/02/26]

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 4.79 Average
Matt Devo Offline
(Yesterday 16:49)elas123 Wrote:  i have a problem. my box was setup for dualboot and things are starting to mess up with openelec, was trying to restore and start over with a standalone install,but i have no recovery screen like i used to. i tried the esc button the recovery button, ctrl-d. nothing works for me. the first screen i see is the seabios says booting from hard drive. it just keeps booting to OE. any other ideas?

if you already ran the standalone setup part of the script, then the recovery button and [CTRL-D/L] are not valid anymore. Just boot up with a OE USB stick and reinstall.

Questions about XBMC on an Asus/HP/Acer/Dell ChromeBox?

Check out the wiki and my EZ install script

find quote
elas123 Offline
i didnt run the standalone script. so chromeos is gone and im on a standalone setup? i dont know how that happened cause i did have the recovery screen whenever i rebooted the device, now its gone. so i can just reinstall OE and thats it? wow thats wierd this happened
find quote
Matt Devo Offline
(Yesterday 21:51)elas123 Wrote:  i didnt run the standalone script. so chromeos is gone and im on a standalone setup? i dont know how that happened cause i did have the recovery screen whenever i rebooted the device, now its gone. so i can just reinstall OE and thats it? wow thats wierd this happened

I have no idea what you did or didn't do. If you didn't run the standalone setup option from the script, then you should still be able to boot ChromeOS and run the script to do so. As noted in the wiki, if you set the boot flags to 1s + OpenELEC default, many times you won't even see the dev mode boot screen since your TV doesn't sync up quickly enough, in which case you need to hit CTRL-D before the screen comes on in order to boot ChromeOS.

find quote
Arse4life Online
Big Grin  RE: Asus/HP/Acer/Dell ChromeBox EZ Setup (OpenELEC/Linux+Kodi) [v3.13 - 2015/02/26]
Hi Matt,

I did a dual boot chromeOS/ openelec using a asus chromebox for a friend and not sure what she might've done. I attached a pic so you can see and hopefully direct me in the right direction. I would appreciate any assistance. Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/32laco6gjv7mea...5.JPG?dl=0
find quote
Matt Devo Offline
(Yesterday 23:14)Arse4life Wrote:  Hi Matt,

I did a dual boot chromeOS/ openelec using a asus chromebox for a friend and not sure what she might've done. I attached a pic so you can see and hopefully direct me in the right direction. I would appreciate any assistance. Thanks.

fix is in the wiki!

find quote
Arse4life Online
(Yesterday 23:26)Matt Devo Wrote:  
(Yesterday 23:14)Arse4life Wrote:  Hi Matt,

fix is in the wiki!

I should've known better! Thank you!
find quote