Req Align File List setting in Pictures with JSON
Hi there. I'm not a developer..But I think, it would be great, if the setting "Show video files in listings" could be aligned with the JSON API.

In the Yatse forums, this was discussed: http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/issues/883.

If additional info is needed, feel free to ask. Smile
HTPC: Shuttle XS35GTV2 (2GB RAM, 16GB Kingston SSDNow S100, Sony Slimline Bluray Player Optiarc BD-5750H-01) / AV-Receicer: Yamaha RX-V371 / Sound: Quadral Argentum 370 + 1 Center + 2 Rear Speakers (5.0) / TV: Toshiba Regza 37XV377 / Remote: Logitech Harmony 600 with Ortek VRC-1100 IR receicer
I'm not sure I understand. JSON-RPC doean't have support for pictures since there's no real picture library/database in XBMC.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hmm.. I'm not sure how to explain this further. Maybe we need the developer of the Yatse App (Tolriq) to explain this. I've messaged him about this thread..

This thing is, that in the XBMC GUI, you can set the above setting active and see also video files in the picture file lists. It would be nice, if this setting would also affect the standard listing in JSON..
HTPC: Shuttle XS35GTV2 (2GB RAM, 16GB Kingston SSDNow S100, Sony Slimline Bluray Player Optiarc BD-5750H-01) / AV-Receicer: Yamaha RX-V371 / Sound: Quadral Argentum 370 + 1 Center + 2 Rear Speakers (5.0) / TV: Toshiba Regza 37XV377 / Remote: Logitech Harmony 600 with Ortek VRC-1100 IR receicer
Well the need is about "Files.GetDirectory", if you ask for media type pictures you only get pictures, and other solution is to ask for files that will return every possible files including not wanted ones.

Did not know the Xbmc option, but it should be pushed to "Files.GetDirectory" so picture type returns also videos, or add an option or new media type to provide the same function to users from the API
JSON-RPC shouldn't work differently depending on any settings in XBMC. So this needs to be added to Files.GetDirectory. How about allowing to pass in multiple media types to the "media" parameter? This could be done in a backwards compatible way (allowing a string or an array of strings) and would simply result in joining the different extension filters from the different media types.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Well if there's an easy way to get the settings on Xbmc side this should do the trick.

The easier / less request to Xbmc would be to have a parameter to say use Xbmc settings.

This problem is more or less identical with Xbmc ignore article settings.

There's way to query from JSON RPC with the ignore article but this will use the Xbmc language, and you cannot change it during query, if the user have his phone in another language (Rare case I admit but it does exists).
(And you cannot query for the list of articles handled)

And same goes for some other settings like compilation artists.

While I do understand that Xbmc settings should not impact JSON by default, most users will use remotes as an extension of their Xbmc and expect to have the same behavior in the remote that they have taken time to configure in their Xbmc. (And having a user doing 2 times or more the same configuration is not user friendly)

And from a coder point of view, having to get Xbmc options when they exists and can be queried and code all different possibilities to achieve this result while Xbmc already have all the code path seems not efficient at all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Align File List setting in Pictures with JSON0