Queuing to youtube via XBMC Remote (from Windows Store)
Hey guys, new to XBMC forums. Been using XBMC for around half a year now, tweaking it to suit my usecase. I pretty much had it down until I decided to try my luck with a Windows 8 tablet.

So here's the set up:
I'll admit, it's a little college dorm-y. But I just got out of school a year ago and I'm living with a roommate.

So there are two primary places I use view from, my desk and on my bed.

Position 1: Usually, I'm doing some kind of work and I'll throw something on in the background. Granted it's not the best viewing angle but I'm usually not paying full attention anyways so I don't mind. From here, controlling XBMC is fairly simple, I use AWX browser based remote. All things considered, it's pretty nice. Not great looking but very functional. (btw, if anyone has any other suggestions for browser based controllers, I'm all ears). And for the queuing up Youtube, I have the Chrome extension Play to XBMC.

Position 2: This is where my phone and my tablet comes in. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, so I use Yatse. Not a big surprise, I think it is pretty popular. To get stuff from Youtube to XBMC, I use the Youtube app, go to my subscriptions, find the video, share->Queue/Send to XBMC (via Yatse) and BAM. No problemo.

Now here's the problem. I just got the a ASUS Transformer Book T100. It has a keyboard attachment so when it is in "laptop" mode, I just do what I do on my primary PC, browser Play to XBMC. But when I use it in "tablet" mode, I tend to like the Metro interface. It is just more conducive to touchscreens. But I'm at a loss as to how to conveniently queue Youtube to XBMC via the Windows 8 XBMC Remote. Hyper (the Youtube app for Windows 8), doesn't seem to have a share function and if it did, I'm doubtful that it can send to the XBMC Remote.

I watch a lot of content on Youtube, in terms of pure play time, Youtube content takes up around half of my total play time (others being movies and TV) and I would really like somehow to use my new tablet as a viable controller.

Got any ideas as to how I can accomplish this?

P.S. Can I also add, while it looks very nice, the XBMC Remote for Windows 8 is pitiful compared to Yatse, which is FREE! So if you have any recommendations for a better XBMC Remote on Windows 8 Metro, I would be eternally grateful. Thanks in advance.
Have you seen Chrome Launcher with YouTube Lean Back, might give you more ideas.
Couldn't install Chrome Launcher. But I tried launching Firefox in fullscreen via Advanced Launcher. That worked pretty well when I use a mouse and keyboard setup. I could even return to XBMC with a simple Alt+F4. But it's not viable with the XBMC Remote. As soon as FF is launched I lose control over what's happening on screen because... well it is FF and no longer XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Queuing to youtube via XBMC Remote (from Windows Store)0