[Feature request] Can clients wake up the serverWMC machine using WOL?
Hi,

I wonder if the pvr client could try to wake the serverWMC server using WOL similar to how movies/vidoes/tv shows work?

Currently I have to tell my wife (you know that all important WAF...) to start playing a movie first, if Live TV is not responding, but I'm thinking it might be possible to leech on that functionality and have the pvr client try waking up the serverWMC machine if it's not responding?
Is the client machine on all the time, or does it also "wake up" by using a remote? My client PC has a WOL add-on installed that wakes up my serverWMC system when it wakes up. Works pretty well.
The client is always on (it's a RPi) so the only "event" is really just clicking on "Live TV".
I certainly doable, might be bit of a kludge though. I will think about it. But if xbmc does this for movies and such, they should do it for live tv too. If its not there, it should be a feature request.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2014-05-16, 17:41)krustyreturns Wrote: I certainly doable, might be bit of a kludge though. I will think about it. But if xbmc does this for movies and such, they should do it for live tv too. If its not there, it should be a feature request.

Yes - XMBC actually does it quite elegantly for movies etc. It's a simple setting that automatically makes it probe any sources for their MAC address. And when trying to access a "sleeping" source it tries to wake it up (with a timeout) and then plays the movie if successful. Very cool actually. No manual fiddling finding and entering MAC address (which would be fun with a remote...)

Should I file a feature request somewhere else? Or does this have to be part of PVR plugin? (probably not?)
I don't see why xbmc can't do this for live tv too, independent of which addon people use. Maybe consider asking this question in the general pvr support forum (one level up).
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Thanks Krusty. I have tried suggesting it - then we'll see.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Feature request] Can clients wake up the serverWMC machine using WOL?0