Music Improvements Wishlist
(2014-05-23, 23:31)zag Wrote:
(2014-05-23, 22:10)DarkHelmet Wrote: And that's not possible?

Everything is possible if someone submits some code Big Grin

I'm afraid I lack the knowledge of coding, but it would still be cool if someone would take on this. After all this is the feature suggestions section Wink
Real visualizations in Android.

Also i don't see the need for the current folder structure. Every single file is tagged.
I currently have genre folders with songs, thumbs embedded (so no matter how dumb the device i have art).
And it works just fine. The most songs i have from one album is maybe 5, i only keep what i like.
The only thing that sux is that i don't see my embedded thumbs in MyMusicSongs.xml
But you can get around that with nodes and smartplaylists.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
You don't need any structure at all. The ONLY thing it's used for is determining artist art. That is it.

And you get embedded art everywhere as long as tag reading is enabled.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

also checkout these related requests for music library GUI improvements in the skin development forum:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=195566
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=189345
(2014-05-25, 03:31)jmarshall Wrote: You don't need any structure at all. The ONLY thing it's used for is determining artist art. That is it.

And you get embedded art everywhere as long as tag reading is enabled.

JM thnx for the heads up. Tag reading was enabled, but i found the problem now:

Somewhere in time a Folder.jpg accidentally landed in a music folder and Windows thought it best to turn this into a hidden system file (by itself). Even after issueing an attrib command and deleting the actual Folder.jpg it remained associated.
Creating a new folder with a different name and moving the music files there solved it.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
+1 @phool - exactly what i would like to have under XBMC. Custom tags and custom name formating based on predefined tag based scheme.
Is there a chance any of the suggestions will be realised? The music section in Kodi needs some love too :-)
(2014-05-19, 13:13)zag Wrote: - Import "mood" and "Style/Sub Genre" so they can be filtered as a single text field

After Olympia updated theaudiodb scrapers, we can now do this Smile

You will have to rescrape all your music but finally we should be able to see a single Style or Mood.

This opens up the possibility in the future to add a new Style or Mood Node.
Hello Zag. DarkHelmet

using an Artist/Albums/songs file structure is the most flexible structure there is. As an Artist may have several Albums (even 3rd party compilations) that Kodi should allow for. A Tabular (Spreadsheet view would allow the user to sort their files by any field available in the database then one could search for info on artist, album or song.

It's just a different view of the library. this should not require a substantial development and would provide much needed functionality for scraping adding info or perform MACDs

Currently running isengard on an AMD 965 64 bit with 8 GB ram wintv tuner m-audio 1010lt sound card powering an old McIntosh.

Thanks for all your Help
Best regards to all
BikerDude
HTPC with 16gb ram M-Audio LT1010 sound card feeding McIntosh 7205 power amp Magneplanar 2.7r and Velodyne dd12. All connected to Sony smart tv.
All media on 2 fully redundant TrueNas VMs installed on Proxmox servers. Running Kodi. Everything works brilliantly until i screw it up
hello all

more specifically:
- as you listen to music you would be able to assign that song to an existing or new playlist
- the ability to add delete or change information about a song artist or album from library mode
- when adding information (thumbnail, Fan art) you always have the option to search you disks (no scarper has all the info)
- view how many times a song or video has been played (and be able to sort and play the least or most played)
- view last date played (and be able to sort and play the oldest not played)
- be able to sort music by artist (this is available), view all songs from all albums (this is available) sort based on track name (this is possible) delete duplicates automatically (this is not available)

if you scan the forums you will see that many users are requesting these features. furthermore these functions have been requested from The XBMC team for the last 10 years. I believe that it is high time that someone is looking at this functionality. I am not a programmer however I be happy to volunteer my time to you all
Best regards to all
BikerDude
HTPC with 16gb ram M-Audio LT1010 sound card feeding McIntosh 7205 power amp Magneplanar 2.7r and Velodyne dd12. All connected to Sony smart tv.
All media on 2 fully redundant TrueNas VMs installed on Proxmox servers. Running Kodi. Everything works brilliantly until i screw it up
Yep all nice feature requests!

You can already scape local artwork, just needs to be named correctly. I have all my local album covers called folder.jpg
Adding songs from the library or even the now playing list to an existing playlist is possible through this new addon

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2216160

It's still in development but it does the job pretty well so far.
Thank you DarkHelmet for pointing me to Curtis solution it works

Kodi should also add the option to remove duplicates songs in the edit playlist environment

as I suggested in an other thread, I would like Kodi to add a specific section ( threads) to their forums specifically focus on music.

This would allow Kodi to prioritise new development relating to adding, managing, and playing ones music library. There is much work to be done to the Kodi music environment for it to be world class.

We should all pressure the kodi team to develop this thread
Best regards to all
BikerDude
hello all

I WOULD ADD
- as you listen to music you would be able to assign that song to an existing or new playlist ( CONTEXT MODE ADD ON SUPLIED BY CURTI THANKS ) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1581...append.zip
- the ability to add delete or change information about a song artist or album from library mode
- when adding information (thumbnail, Fan art) you always have the option to search you disks (no scarper has all the info)
- view how many times a song or video has been played (and be able to sort and play the least or most played)
- view last date played (and be able to sort and play the oldest not played)
- be able to sort music by artist (this is available), view all songs from all albums (this is available) sort based on track name (this is possible) delete duplicates automatically (this is not available)
- View to what playlists is a song allocated to
- File mode and library mode is not redundant.. All MACD to a file, album, playlist or artist should be available in the context menu at any level of the library level (File, artist, album playlist)
- As Kodi currently does when it asks you if you want to delete a file from library and then from disk, Kodi should ask you if you want to write the MACD to the library and then to the disk.
Best regards to all
BikerDude
Would love to have a sub-forum dedicated to music - support, request, dev ideas, testing, all in one easy to find place. A "music corner"!

Not sure it would help get things done quicker, but it would help not having everything splattered across the various support forums. From a dev view point it would also help to have users that could answer questions ("what do they want"?) and do testing.

But you need to realise that the work is done by enthusiast volunteers, so it is down to the individual what they prioritise.Yes I want to improve Kodi, and I am interested in what others want, but I am most likely to work on the things that interest me most. That is probably frustrating for users that don't have software skills to change things themselves, but it is how it is. However devs can be intreagued by a problem or feature, or see something that can be easily done and do it, or even share your desires, so not all bad news.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Improvements Wishlist2