• 17(current)
Release Kodi Screen Reader (Text to speech)
OSMC worked great for me on the Pi 2, but I haven't spent any time with it.
Nope, haven't heard of it until today. I'll give it a try.
So from what I'm seeing, their is no build of osmc for the cuboxes. I might try the build for the pi2's, and if that doesn't work, I'll go back to using xbian.
Added a new version to my repository: 0.1.2.

You can also get it or the repository from the Downloads Page.

Changes:
  • Fix for the addon speaking '32166' instead of 'Addons updated'
  • Now speaks selected status for items in multi-select dialogs
  • Add handling for subtitles dialog
  • Now speaks keyboard dialog again in nightlies and future 15.0 release
Cool, Thanks.

Also if you wish to use 14.2, I posted a patched version for download couple posts up.
Hi, it will be a little bit off the topic, but how can I preserve the view changes I made in confluence skin? lets say I make the view as list, but the next time ı enter into the same location the view gets back to its default. So my change is not kept. Any idea/solution?
You need to edit the MyVideoNav.xml file.

It is In the confluence skin folder. For me the it is in:
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86 )\Kodi\addons\skin.confluence\720p

You need to change the:
Code:
<defaultcontrol always="true">50</defaultcontrol>

Change the 50 to the view you want. For example 550 is list view.

And this is definitely related, Some of those views are bit more difficult to navigate with speech.
Hi,

I tried last year you addons and everything is beautiful work, not only read translations
Is it feasible to use a Text To Speech voice that will read the subtitle of a movie when it is playing?

Whether there is a possibility
I successfully use KMPlayer, Potplayer to read subtitles, not English-speaking, the Serbian tts in which it has the option of selecting speakers.

Sorry for the bad English using google translate.

Thanks
How can I send phrases to XBMC TTS by JSON RPC API?
(2015-03-16, 01:21)bind Wrote: Hi,

I tried last year you addons and everything is beautiful work, not only read translations
Is it feasible to use a Text To Speech voice that will read the subtitle of a movie when it is playing?

Whether there is a possibility
I successfully use KMPlayer, Potplayer to read subtitles, not English-speaking, the Serbian tts in which it has the option of selecting speakers.

Sorry for the bad English using google translate.

Thanks

Not now, but I plan on looking into it in the future.
(2015-03-25, 16:51)Kvantos Wrote: How can I send phrases to XBMC TTS by JSON RPC API?

You would use JSONRPC.NotifyAll with the following parameters:

Code:
sender = 'service.xbmc.tts'
message = 'SAY'
data = {"text":"<text>","interrupt":True}

Where <text> is the the text you want spoken first encoded utf-8 and then converted to hex.
If you need a full example of the JSON RPC call, just ask and I'll put that together. I should also mention that I haven't actually tested this via JSON RPC, though I believe it should work.
I would use the Eventghost (http://eventghost.net/) XBMC2 plugin (http://www.eventghost.net/forum/viewtopi...=10&t=1562) for some event tts announcement by Kody from remotely host, for example "Outdoor lighting switch on".
I tried folow format in XBMC2 plugin (JSONRPC.NotifyAll):
1. {"sender":{"service.xbmc.tts"}, "message":{"SAY"}, "data":{"text":"Outdoor lighting switch on","interrupt":True}}
2. {"sender":"service.xbmc.tts", "message":"SAY", "data":{"text":"Outdoor lighting switch on","interrupt":True}}
but have got errors in syntax Sad

Please, can You help me for build proper syntax for this.
Thanks.
Hello, has any progress been made on the mac part of the kodi screenreader?
For me, after putting the pluggin in the necessary place in /library/applicationsupport/kodi/addons and starting Kodi, the sound that the screen reader was loaded, the beeps, play, but I get no speech. It has been THAT way sense the beginning. I tried with the latest 15.1 alpha and the addon for your site.
(2015-03-26, 15:53)Kvantos Wrote: I would use the Eventghost (http://eventghost.net/) XBMC2 plugin (http://www.eventghost.net/forum/viewtopi...=10&t=1562) for some event tts announcement by Kody from remotely host, for example "Outdoor lighting switch on".
I tried folow format in XBMC2 plugin (JSONRPC.NotifyAll):
1. {"sender":{"service.xbmc.tts"}, "message":{"SAY"}, "data":{"text":"Outdoor lighting switch on","interrupt":True}}
2. {"sender":"service.xbmc.tts", "message":"SAY", "data":{"text":"Outdoor lighting switch on","interrupt":True}}
but have got errors in syntax Sad

Please, can You help me for build proper syntax for this.
Thanks.

Here is an example of the full JSONRPC string:

Code:
'{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "JSONRPC.NotifyAll", "params": {"message": "SAY", "data": {"interrupt": true, "text": "4f7574646f6f72206c69676874696e6720737769746368206f6e"}, "sender": "service.xbmc.tts"}, "id": 1}'

It looks like you probably just need the params part, though I don't know how EventGhost works. I have tested to make sure this works Smile

The text needs to be converted to hex as in the example. Here is a link to a page that does that: http://www.swingnote.com/tools/texttohex.php
(2015-03-26, 18:35)devinprater Wrote: For me, after putting the pluggin in the necessary place in /library/applicationsupport/kodi/addons and starting Kodi, the sound that the screen reader was loaded, the beeps, play, but I get no speech. It has been THAT way sense the beginning. I tried with the latest 15.1 alpha and the addon for your site.

I just did a test and it still works for me. I don't own a Mac so I have to use a Virtual Machine.

Does using the "say" command in a terminal produce speech for you?
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Screen Reader (Text to speech)10