• 14(current)
Zotac CI320-520-540 Fanless
(2015-02-16, 08:34)danik56 Wrote: Zotac works great with Windows. the problem is not Zotac. The problem is OPENELEC that doesn't support the Zotac very well.
I need the SPDIF output which the NUC doesn't have.

for SPDIF --> http://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Premium-Ext...B00KBHX072
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
I'm good with CI320 after replacing OE with windows.
(2015-02-16, 13:31)fritsch Wrote: Makes me think it's in deed quad core only related ... I currently think about doing a special OE 5.0.x build with the latest 3.16.x kernel - so that celeron baytrail quadcore users have something, until intel cares again ...

I have to say - if you could spare the time to do this, it would be highly appreciated.
Using an old OE version has been a valid workaround so far, but it sure would be nice to step up to Helix and use a common library with my other clients (running Helix).
(2015-02-17, 20:16)agglo Wrote:
(2015-02-16, 13:31)fritsch Wrote: Makes me think it's in deed quad core only related ... I currently think about doing a special OE 5.0.x build with the latest 3.16.x kernel - so that celeron baytrail quadcore users have something, until intel cares again ...

I have to say - if you could spare the time to do this, it would be highly appreciated.
Using an old OE version has been a valid workaround so far, but it sure would be nice to step up to Helix and use a common library with my other clients (running Helix).

Here you go: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572...541172.tar

Current OpenELEC 5.0 branch with kernel 3.16.7 + all the patches we had in the 4.2 release + the intel fixes - that were done in between. Have fun.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-02-17, 21:49)fritsch Wrote: Here you go: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572...541172.tar
Current OpenELEC 5.0 branch with kernel 3.16.7 + all the patches we had in the 4.2 release + the intel fixes - that were done in between. Have fun.

Wow.... AMAZING!
Just done installing and started testing. So far (10 min. playback) no issues at all... I'll keep you posted if anything comes up.
Big, big thanks!

PS: I suggest to give this build some well deserved visibility e.g. in the official download area.
It should, yes - but though I am an kodi upstream developer - I don't have a say when it comes to OpenELEC Releases ... So spread the great gospel :-) I already posted it in the issue report, so baytrailers can at least use something.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
If things don't get fixed in later versions of OpenELEC I suspect a lot of Baytrailers will jump ship for Windows 10 once it gets released. Being that the OpenELEC developers have stated this is a problem that Intel needs to fix, things don't look good. Even if Intel fixes it, we'll have to wait on Zotac to issue a BIOS update as well.
Yeah - I wish those jumpers all the best and can understand them very well. OpenELEC is a non profit organization, we do all that stuff in our freetime, without a single cent involved. I will for sure not fix intel's bugs - after I invested half of my christmas holidays to document that bug for them.
I also noticed that Bay Trail just doesn't have the power to handle H.265 playback. It seems to handle most 10bit videos OK, even @ 1080p but H.265 is pretty much out. Well, I guess once I get a 4k TV I'll probably sell my CI320 and buy something a little more beefy.

Strike that last comment, after a few experiments, it seems that OpenElec can handle H.265 playback @ 1080p, (although the first core of the CPU is almost at 100%). It might not be able to handle 10bit H.265 files. It seems that OpenElec runs much faster on the CI320 than Windows Kodi setups.

OK, fritsch I just installed your build of OpenElec on my CI320 and everything seems good now, except I can't seem to get MCE Keyboard presses to work on my Harmony 880 remote throught the built in IR receiver. It worked fine in Windows 10.

Also I can't seem to get Bluetooth working right on OpenElec. My keyboard and mouse keeps losing connection, and I tried a PS3 mouse and I can't pair that no matter what I do - it just keeps showing up on the Bluetooth device list and disappears immediately. Once again, works fine on Win 10.
Hi all,

I would like to ask a couple of questions regarding the Zotac zbox PCs. The two models I need to chose between are:

ZOTAC ZBOX-CI520NANO-P-U Intel Core i3-4020Y 1.5GHz/ 4GB DDR3L/ 64GB SSD

and

ZOTAC ZBOX-CI320NANO-U-W2 Intel Celeron N2930 1.83GHz/ 2GB DDR3L/ 64GB SSD

Use:
I watch only full Blu-ray rips (preferentially BD50) and would like to achieve flawless playback including HD-audio passthrough (DTS-HD MA 5.1/7.1 and Dolby Digital True HD 5.1/7.1) to my surround audio processor.

Preferred operating system:
I would like to use OpenELEC, but if there are some limitations that can prevent me from achieving the functionality I need I don't mind to switch to another Kodi suitable platform.

1. Is it possible to passthrough HD-audio with both of the models?
2. Is it possible to achieve smooth high bit rate Blu-ray rip playback with both of the models?
3. Is it possible to boot those devices from SD Card?
4. Is it possible to boot those devices from USB hard drive?

Thanks for your help!
Michael.
1) Yes
2) Yes (assuming you don't have any interlaced VC1 rips)
3) From the build in reader, not sure. My BI320 won't boot from the build in reader.
4) Probably, but could depend on the specific drive.
Hi,

i bought a CI320 yesterday and installed OE4.2.1 on it!

Everthing works fine, but i don't get any output from the SPDIF Port!

There is no light to see!

Have anyone OE with SPDIF in use and working?

Thanks, Andreas
I never used the SPDIF port on mine so I can't answer that.

You definitely cannot boot from the built in SD card reader, but you can boot from a SD card reader in a USB port (or a USB flash drive). Not sure why they set it up that way.

You should be able to boot from external USB hard drive. When my USB drive bay is plugged in, in the BIOS you can set up boot device priority, and all my drives in the drive bay are there.
(2015-02-26, 19:38)AT00230 Wrote: Hi,

i bought a CI320 yesterday and installed OE4.2.1 on it!

Everthing works fine, but i don't get any output from the SPDIF Port!

There is no light to see!

Have anyone OE with SPDIF in use and working?

Thanks, Andreas
Did you change the audio output in the OE settings from HDMI to the SPDIF output?
I think you have to go into Expert or Advanced mode to have access to SPDIF settings in OpenELEC/Kodi.

Fooling around with H.265 support on OpenElec. It just about maxes out all CPUs on a 1080p H.265 file. I've seen them all hit 100%. In Windows it would stutter and could barely handle it. It seems a bit better in OpenElec, although there are quite a few dropped frames, it hasn't stuttered (yet).
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac CI320-520-540 Fanless1