xbmc 13 winaspi
Hi

Ive just updated from xbmc 12 to the new 13.1 on windows 2012 (server)

Installation went fine when xbmc runs it states this program cannot start as winaspi.dll is not found on the system.

Ive updated on my windows 7 laptop and xbmc runs fine and there is also no winaspi.dll installed on the laptop

Any thoughts? Smile
Is there a CD/DVD drive on the Win 2012 box? (do you have the make?) and if so can you access it OK through Explorer?
Thanks
Mike
Hi Mike

Yes there is a Philips DVD8801 ATA - Its an oldish Dell Server That im running on. Gone back to 12.2 frodo and works ok, but would like to try 13.

Is it worth disabling the DVD Drive and trying again?
There is also an Hard Disk Drive that is assigned to a VMWare as a physical drive so this is not accessible via explorer but is visible in local hard drives explorer

Thanks
That was going to be my next suggestion - I believe it may be looking for the driver to run the DVD drive - Not sure if Phillips have updated drivers for it so as a quick test I would disable it and try again. If it works we know where the problem is and we can look around for a fix.
Thanks
Mike
Nah not worked

Ive run ccleaner etc . The model given from device manager suggests its a DVD RW. But cdburnerxp doesnt recognise any compatible recording devices.

Ive also tried mounting a iso file to windows 2012 inbuilt Virtual CD Drive. That did not resolve the issue either. Ive also tried copying the winaspi.dll to system32 and xbmc folders still no luck.

What i dont understand is there is no winaspi.dll on the laptop and it runs without issue

thanks
I would guess the Laptop DVD drive (does it have one?) has a newer DVD drive that is recognised natively by Windows. Did you disable it in device manager? Assuming so then may have a problem with Win2012 accessing it. http://www.storageupdates.philips.com/en...d8801.html shows Phillips do not provide a driver themselves for it but point you at a non existent Dell page. Legacy Dell drivers may be at http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/1...p/legacydt (don't know your exact machine). Odd it is still trying if it has been disabled in device manager though. Should not be visible to the system at all (so should not need the winaspi.dll driver). Drastic options involve a screwdriver and a blanking plate Smile Or (and this is overkill and only if you are bored) Hyper-V as the base OS then Win2012 under that?
Thanks
Mike
Fixed - Users of Windows 2012 encountering he winaspi error will need to install the 'Wireless LAN Service/Role' In Server Manager
well found. Thought that was the wlanapi.dll issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc 13 winaspi0