LaunchBrowser now with StreamPodder
i think its a bit too much work and not that many would use it. maybe i can add an after the download run this batch file option and you can then in that do all the ftp stuff.
i overlooked the abilty for launchbrowser and streampodder to interact. how cool is that :kickass:

quick question, i guess the id is so launchbrowser doesnt download the same video twice?

on a side note, flash: are there any plans for the pc version of launchbrowser yet?

that would be the perfect addition to streampodder. by the way, if you need any free hosting, just let me know, i can give you some space on my server

ok status report:

the download feature works perfect Smile

unfortunatley i have not yet managed to find a single video that plays. they all hang on the 'connecting to server' message box. i'm using the 27/04 tech build of xbmc if that helps

update:

now the files have downloaded via streampodder, i have navigated to the downloads folder via launchbrowser, but none of the streams will play. i click the video file, but nothing at all happens

found a bug with stream podder. no matter which file you highlight, when you try to delete it, the bottom file in the list gets deleted instead of the one selected

(|vibez| @ may 05 2006,18:07 Wrote:ok status report:

unfortunatley i have not yet managed to find a single video that plays. they all hang on the 'connecting to server' message box. i'm using the 27/04 tech build of xbmc if that helps

update:

now the files have downloaded via streampodder, i have navigated to the downloads folder via launchbrowser, but none of the streams will play. i click the video file, but nothing at all happens

found a bug with stream podder. no matter which file you highlight, when you try to delete it, the bottom file in the list gets deleted instead of the one selected
hi.
ok i'll fix that bug in streampodder as soon as i get a chance. any other bugs that people have found? how are you connecting to the pc from he xbox. can you setup a bookmark in the xbox config xml so that you can navigate directly there. i think its just a configuration issue. you will have to change the fileserver attribute in the launchbrowser xml file.
i still can not add more than 1 video to each playlist when im adding from my saved folder. other than that it works flawlessly for me :kickass:
(flash @ may 05 2006,18:53 Wrote:

update:

hi.
ok i'll fix that bug in streampodder as soon as i get a chance. any other bugs that people have found? how are you connecting to the pc from he xbox. can you setup a bookmark in the xbox config xml so that you can navigate directly there. i think its just a configuration issue. you will have to change the fileserver attribute in the launchbrowser xml file.
hi,

yes i can navigate directly there. the files play just fine using using the standard way of browsing via the xbmc gui. i'm connecting via samba on a wired connection.

like i said, i can see the files just fine, its just that nothing actually plays via launch browser
(rand al thor @ may 05 2006,22:31 Wrote:i still can not add more than 1 video to each playlist when im adding from my saved folder. other than that it works flawlessly for me :kickass:
i'll check the playlist problem. i never tested it.cheers
(|vibez| @ may 06 2006,08:15 Wrote:

update:

hi.
hi,

yes i can navigate directly there. the files play just fine using using the standard way of browsing via the xbmc gui. i'm connecting via samba on a wired connection.

like i said, i can see the files just fine, its just that nothing actually plays via launch browser
it will be a configuration issue..has anyone got it running with a samba connection. just so i know it does work. i have not tested it as i use mfxstream. can you take what you have setup in the fileserver option in the launchbrowser configutation. so lets say \\myserver\videos then you want to take the filename of one of your files and add it to that. \\myserver\videos\testvideo.wmv .if that is a vaild path on your setup then i done know why this is not working for you. i would suggest upgrading to the latest xbmc as i did have some strange issues on some older ones. hope this helps
just a thought- but, if one were only going to be running the podder to support launchbrowser vs the pc funtionality, could this be set up to run as a service?
(dischordio @ may 07 2006,18:27 Wrote:just a thought- but, if one were only going to be running the podder to support launchbrowser vs the pc funtionality, could this be set up to run as a service?
well not at the moment but i'll have a go at adding this functionality in the future. cheers
can we get a 'launchbrowser 1.9 & streampodder for dummies' kind of tutorial?

i have no idea what i am supposed to be doing with the files i have.

i went to the streampodder and followed the steps to get activex in to firefox - and the activex control will play windows media test files, but i have no idea what i am supposed to be doing with streampodder on my pc.

thanks and keep up the awesome work - i was pleasantly surprised to see all the videos i tried to watch tonight worked fine, a bit slow to download, but they still loaded so not many complaints here.

update:

hi.
hi,

i'm having the same exact problem vibes is described. launchbrowser can add videos into stream podder and the downloads section in launchbrowser can see the videos on my pc but they just won't play.

i installed the mfxstream utility and am now using xbmsp and it is working just fine.

flash: this is frickin awesome! i hope some talented people start building upon the framework you've set up.
absolutely great program. is there any way to somehow stream the videos and download them at the same time?

by the way, i have been using launchbrowser for quite a while now, it is absolutely excellent at parties. Smile

great script!!!!.

but it seems that i also have the problem that 85% of the videos that i try to play will not connect. yet if i goto launch.com on the computer they play fine.

any quick fix for this?
(karifsmith @ may 18 2006,01:45 Wrote:

update:

hi.
hi,

i'm having the same exact problem vibes is described. launchbrowser can add videos into stream podder and the downloads section in launchbrowser can see the videos on my pc but they just won't play.

i installed the mfxstream utility and am now using xbmsp and it is working just fine.

flash: this is frickin awesome! i hope some talented people start building upon the framework you've set up.
looks like there could be some problem with samba then?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LaunchBrowser now with StreamPodder0