Dialog buttons are not accessible by keyboard
Since XBMC is designed as a 10-feet media interface, the user should be able to do everything just with a keyboard or infra-red remote, and without a mouse.
But dialog buttons (like in GTK or Qt) are not accessible without a mouse. At least I didn't find a way.

Example:
Settings -> Add-ons -> Install from zip file -> OK & Cancel buttons
(There are probably many more examples)

I tested on XBMC 12.3, openSUSE (Laptop),
and OpenELEC 3.2.0 (Raspberry Pi)
I suggestion that you update to the latest versions as there have been so many improvements and you can do everything with a remote as that is what I use to control the Pi.
(2014-06-13, 08:02)saeedgnu Wrote: Example:
Settings -> Add-ons -> Install from zip file -> OK & Cancel buttons
(There are probably many more examples)

Even considering this is v12, I've never had an issue accessing those buttons using only a remote control. Actually, I only use a remote control to access XBMC (outside of the tablet and the occasional laptop XBMC test).
same here (or a keyboard).
also to add is that no one ever complained about it.
so that would mean about 2,5million users never experienced it, in the last two years..?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I'm using the latest version of OpenELEC. I don't want to compile XBMC on Pi.

Can I ask what key do you press to switch the keyboard focus to button box?
I tried arrows and Tab and Page up/down and almost every key I could.
I expect I should be able to do that just with arrow keys (since I want to use a IR remote), but I can't.
Switch focus? I'm not sure I understand. In most cases you can just use arrow keys. What skin are you using?
Problem solved.
In "Install from zipfile" dialog, the list widget was grabbing the focus, I should have press Left key to switch to buttons, while Right key switches only to scrollbar and back to list again (so left and right are not reverse actions in circular items, unlike up and down), that's what mistaken me.

I also suggest to handle Tab key, it might be useful in complicated layouts. For example in File Manager, I can't manage to select the Home and Back buttons (we have Back key, but Home key selects the first item, not the home directory)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dialog buttons are not accessible by keyboard0