• 11(current)
Release Carbon Skin
Hello all,

I love this skin at first sight. Thank you for all your hard work.

I would like to categorize all the add-on in each group like Movies group, News group, Kids group...

However, I see only one "Favourites" that has Custom Favourites Shelf, and one "Add-ons" that has Custom Shelf Shortcuts.

Is there any way to enable/have more Custom Favourites Shelf / Custom Shelf Shortcuts Add-ons...?

Thanks,
Huy Nguyen
(2015-04-08, 18:36)Tuanhuy Wrote: Hello all,

I love this skin at first sight. Thank you for all your hard work.

I would like to categorize all the add-on in each group like Movies group, News group, Kids group...

However, I see only one "Favourites" that has Custom Favourites Shelf, and one "Add-ons" that has Custom Shelf Shortcuts.

Is there any way to enable/have more Custom Favourites Shelf / Custom Shelf Shortcuts Add-ons...?

Thanks,
Huy Nguyen

Goto SkinSettins>Advanced SkinSettings>Enable More Top Row Favorites
(2015-04-09, 13:48)iCanuck Wrote: Goto SkinSettins>Advanced SkinSettings>Enable More Top Row Favorites

Yes, I already tried that, and it shows more "+ Shelf Fav" that only point to individual Favorite...,not multiple Favorites.

It would be perfect if we can have more of this one "Custom Favorites Shelf with 16 +Favorite" Favourites (the one that has a Heart in the middle).

... and ability/option to change the icon for this one.

Thanks,
great skin
Hi a_guy

thanks for all the pictures you've done they're really awesome and make the skin look even better the main menu pic is perfect. is there a chance you can make the icons square?
great skin
great skin
(2015-04-11, 21:04)a_guy Wrote: Hi all,

I think this skin has been abandoned. Is there anyone on here that knows how to create a texture.xbt file? i don't know how and I'm hoping someone can create a texture file to update this skin out of 2009. here are updated texture files for this skin.

http://www.filedropper.com/carbonskinupdatedtextures

I am not sure why you would say this skin has been abandoned. I clearly stated in this post that I have had some health issues and have not had the time....

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1972804

I will PM you with links and instructions on how to compress the textures.
Any progress on the Apple TV specific skin?
great skin
(2015-04-11, 21:04)a_guy Wrote: I said the skin has been abandoned because you don't care for the updated textures you seem to ignore the overall esthetic. I spent too much time updating the textures for you to ignore them. I'm done spending time attempting to help someone who clearly doesn't want help and never looks at their messages. I've updated a lot of the textures and they're pretty damn awesome use them don't use them I'm over it. I understand and respect your health issues but if you're able to post something on here you're able to let me know not to waste my time with the textures because you don't plan on using them. I just don't understand why you posted the textures in the first place if you don't care for anyone to update them. hopefully you can add customizing the stock icons (movies, tv shows, music, add ons, programs, settings, power) soon so others can create some kind of cohesion on the homescreen.

I just wanted to even this out and say thank you to iCanuck for all the work he's done on the skin and for making it available for all of us to enjoy. It has been my favorite skin ever since I first got it. Sorry to hear about the health issues and hope you get better dude.
great skin
@a_guy if you want to modify the skin then learn how to do so and do it. If you want a certain look then do it. Don't troll my thread and spread rumors that the skin is abandoned when 3 posts earlier I clearly stated it wasn't abandoned!

I am the one that spent 8 hours a day for 3 months to get the skin to where it is today. I appreciate your input but I never asked for help but if you create some images that look better than I am happy to accept your work. I honestly haven't even had a chance to look at your work.

I am planning on adding many features to the skin, but when I don't have time because of health issues, accept it....
@iCanuck
My mistake, I assumed the act of opening a public forum is to perpetuate the asking of help and guidance from others.
I assumed uploading texture files on a skin specific public forum was an invite for anyone to modify them for that specific skin.
I assumed this forum was for suggestions, collaborations and bug reports.

I did not anticipate an answer to a suggestion for this skin to be "do it yourself".
I did not anticipate my enthusiasm and participation in updating this skin would be viewed as trolling especially not by the modifier of the skin himself.
I see now the intent is for you to receive praise for your 8 hour days.
I'll leave your forum now.
You are exactly right on so many ways but from my perspective, you posted the modifed textures and PM'd me and because I did not answer you in a "timely" manner you say the skin is abandoned and are finger pointing saying I basically don't care.

I realize your clearly offended I didn't respond to your PM and I apologize.

People start projects like this with all the free time in the world then life happens and you have less time to work on them. Eventually the coder gets time again starts working on the project once again....

I am not looking for praise for the time I put into this project, that was a response to your comment of " I spent too much time updating the textures for you to ignore them." The reason I started this skin mod was for my customers who I sell mediaboxes to and I decided to share it publically on the forums..... If you like the skin mod then I am glad if not then you have my full support to change or mod anything you want, and if it functions and looks better than the mods I have done then thats great!

I was calling you a troll because you sayed the skin was abandoned when 3 posts earlier I stated it was NOT. Then you change every single one of your posts in this thread to "Nice Skin." If thats not being a troll then I don't know what is....

If you want to compress your textures.....

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Texturepacker
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Carbon Skin18