Problem with IR and Intel NUC standby
Hello

I have a Intel NUC i5 Haswell running Windonws 7 (no choice because i also do active filtering with Ozone) running the latest XBMC.
Everything is great but i have a problem with IR : if i put my NUC in standby using the remote when i switch it back on the remote do not work anymore. I have to restart the computer to get the remote back.

Any idea of what could do this ?

Thanks for your help !
I am the only one with this problem ?
I installed my NUC 2 times, with latest drivers and still have the same issue...
Did you install the drivers for the IR receiver? If so, open your device manager (run devmgmt.msc), find the consumer IR receiver ( I think it's listed under human interface devices), and make sure the setting to "allow this device to wake the computer" is enabled.

I'm not for sure this is your problem, and I'm not at my computer to check where all the settings are, but it might be a possible solution

EDIT: Okay, my apologies. It seems I misunderstood your question. The only other thing I can think of is to try OpenELEC or some other Linux distro and see if you observe the same behavior there as well. You should also make sure you're running the latest bios.

Also, what kind of remote are you using?
I installed the latest bios and drivers. I'm using a Harmony One who works perfectly.
OpenELEC is not an option as i use my NUC for hifi too with active filtering and FIR equalization using Ozone (windows only app).
I tried to shutdown / restart XBMC when this problem occur but remote still not working, so i guess it's system related... i hate windows. Smile

Thanks for your help
Hi @Trends:
I have the same Harmony One and the same issue!
The Harmony is extremely laggy at all, when i config the settings in Harmony remote Software the the lag would be a bit better but the Nuc won´t wake up after standby. If i set the repeat settings in the software to be laggy then the Nuc come up from standby.
I know it sounds a bit weird but thats the things i found out myself.
Do you have a fix now for this?
Greetz Stealth
System : openelec 3.2.3 | Aeon Nox | Intel i3-3225 @3,3Ghz | Intel Graphic integrated | 4Gb Ram | 128 SSD
Remotes : Harmony One+ | MCE-Remote | xbmc IPhone Remote | Yatse on Asus Transformer Prime
TV : Sony Bravia over Hdmi | TV Server : 3xTechnotrend Cable Tuner | DVBViewer 5.0+RecService 1.25
Sound : Logitech Z5500 over optical
Storage : Qnap 412 4x3TB Raid5
Resuming from low power states is a huge minefield in Windows, always has been. I had several issues on my NUC too including Kodi crashing and Kodi coming back windowed on resume. After hacking around it with some dirty scripts which attempted to fix these problems, I found it far more elegant and painless to simply have the NUC shut down instead of standby.

The only suitable button on a Media Center remote, which I assume you're emulating with your Harmony remote, is the sleep button so the problem is getting the Sleep button to actually perform a shutdown. This awesome fix from somethere, I forget where, solved that problem (do all this from an elevated command prompt):

Quote:powercfg -getactivescheme
Now you have the guid of the scheme being used.
powercfg -q <currentguid>
Look for the subgroupguid for "Power buttons and lid"
powercfg -q <currentguid> <subgroupguid>
Look for the "Sleep button action" - now you have the guid of the setting
powercfg -setacvalueindex <currentguid> <subgroupguid> <SleepButotonGUID> 3

So in my case using the 'Balanced' power plan in Win8.1, the final command I run is:

Quote:powercfg -setacvalueindex 381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e 4f971e89-eebd-4455-a8de-9e59040e7347 96996bc0-ad50-47ec-923b-6f41874dd9eb 3

The 'Sleep' button on the MCE remote now shuts the NUC down and of course turns it back on. Seeing as boot from cold takes only seconds, there was no real drawback from using actual sleep - most of the time Kodi is open again before my AVR and TV have fully turned on.
Hey thanks for answer and explaining your solution.
First i have to say i am on openelec on my nuc.
The standby/shutdown function work great so far. Big problem is that my Harmony remote ignore the wake up signal in any way?!?
Greetz Stealth
System : openelec 3.2.3 | Aeon Nox | Intel i3-3225 @3,3Ghz | Intel Graphic integrated | 4Gb Ram | 128 SSD
Remotes : Harmony One+ | MCE-Remote | xbmc IPhone Remote | Yatse on Asus Transformer Prime
TV : Sony Bravia over Hdmi | TV Server : 3xTechnotrend Cable Tuner | DVBViewer 5.0+RecService 1.25
Sound : Logitech Z5500 over optical
Storage : Qnap 412 4x3TB Raid5

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with IR and Intel NUC standby0