best hardware for xbmc
looking for a andriod box/stick for xbmc use.I have a stick rokimagic 3s but it somtimes crashes and wifi isnt great.I need something very simple use,I like atv but too expensive.I also hear the linex version are better as they are more xbmc native and handle playback better.

Can I get something around the £50 mark.I also want that has good remote with it.I will be using it wifi so it needs a good a good antenia.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
Do you plan on watching 3D movies? Also, you get better results with wired Ethernet instead of wireless.
Not planning on 3d. The wireless router is on the other side of the room.Might have to use home plugs.
Need something that will play out the box without too much messing around.
only one choice and its a good choice. Raspberry Pi. Rock solid experience and exactly to your budget.
Can I buy this ready to go with remote. How does xbmc run on this?
The Rpi uses Lan not wifi. Is there anything else that uses internal wifi as I don't want too many wires.I like the ouya but I hear the wifi is very weak?
If you insist on using wifi then just use a USB dongle on the pi. That way you can get a good multi-antenna dongle and not have to bother with the crappy wifi used on boxes like the OUYA or just about every Android box that exists.

XBMC runs absurdly well on the Pi, despite the weak hardware. It depends on what you use it for, and it's no speed demon, but it's very hard to go wrong with a Pi. Worst case scenario, you end up using the Pi for something else, and there's a million uses for the Pi.
Pi with OpenELEC pre-installed on card, + wifi dongle + remote (see the frequently bought together part at the bottom). Price for complete kit £56.24

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Pi-Hut-Centr...+pi+bundle
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2014-06-27, 15:16)black_eagle Wrote: Pi with OpenELEC pre-installed on card, + wifi dongle + remote (see the frequently bought together part at the bottom). Price for complete kit £56.24

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Pi-Hut-Centr...+pi+bundle

Yes that looks good thanks, whast the remote like that comes with the kit or can I get a better one?
No idea tbh. I use my avr remote downstairs to control xbmc, and an xbox 360 media remote upstairs. You can get pretty much any remote to work with linux/xbmc so if you have an old remote that might save a few quid, or replace the one you buy if it turns out to be pants. It was just something I saw the other day flicking through their site, and I'd bookmarked it. Saw your thread and it seemed to fit your needs.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2014-06-27, 15:30)black_eagle Wrote: No idea tbh. I use my avr remote downstairs to control xbmc, and an xbox 360 media remote upstairs. You can get pretty much any remote to work with linux/xbmc so if you have an old remote that might save a few quid, or replace the one you buy if it turns out to be pants. It was just something I saw the other day flicking through their site, and I'd bookmarked it. Saw your thread and it seemed to fit your needs.

Great thanks, I will have a look. Also what are these new Armlogic andriod boxs like?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
best hardware for xbmc0