• 100(current)
pvr.mythtv add-on
(2017-02-14, 20:01)janbar Wrote: Also MythTV allows full timeshift for liveTV and be sure only our addon provides this feature.

Not quite right. The Kodi Tvheadend add-on does also fully support Live TV timeshifting. :-)
@ksooo I don t remember tvh handles timeshift along program break. Our issue is there, when we skip back to previous program. MythTV handles a chain of programs for many hours (until disk is full).

Try to skip back to the begining of previous show. What happen ?

Last time I tried, I have to switch off my loudspeaker very quickly to avoid an explosion. The video became frozen and audio produces sound artefacts, and finally kodi crashed. The backtrace is posted here: http://pastebin.com/St8PVBVG

I retried last minute, and it hadn't crashed. Maybe depends of stream changes.
But I don't think that TVH allows timeshift back in time through all programs that have been shown since LiveTV was started? Only from current and forward?

Actually a very nice feature of MythTV that have been useful for me and the family from time to time. I hope it will be possible to use again in Kodi, as it was in earlier versions.
@raptorjr , I tested skip back accross program break with different setup. Seems It works better now WITHOUT option "Internal demuxer MPEG-TS".

With option "Internal demuxer MPEG-TS" enabled, kodi uses "seek time" to skip back/forward the stream. Passing "program break" breaks PTS continuity and also properties of streams could change. I guess a possible root cause of our issues. Also demuxed streams are handled only by addons which don't support timeshift through all programs: they manage timeshift only in the current show.
(2017-02-14, 16:10)raptorjr Wrote: I'm actually thinking of going back to Kodi 16. To not have a reliable skip/ff/rew in LiveTV is pretty much killing my WAF =\

Yeah I am torn. At the same time as Krypton has introduced a bunch of problems for me (including breaking bitstreaming on live TV, and FF/REW during LiveTV) it has also fixed a bun ch of problems, like my constant crashes.
Livingroom: 65" Panasonic Plasma, Denon AVR-x3300w, Parasound A31, Fronts: RBH SX-6300 Towers, Center: RBH 441-se, Surrounds: RBH 41-se Sub: Dual SVS PC13-Ultra, Source: Custom Kodi Box
Desk: DAC: Schiit Modi Multibit,Headphones: Schiit Jotunheim -> Sennheiser HD650 & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Speakers: Parasound 275v2-> RBH 41-se & SVS SB12-NSD
(2017-02-14, 23:37)raptorjr Wrote: But I don't think that TVH allows timeshift back in time through all programs that have been shown since LiveTV was started? Only from current and forward?

Behavior can be configured in tvh. Either you set "on demand" timeshift which will start buffering when you first stop the playing program. Or you switch off "on demand". Then, tvh starts buffering the moment you tune the channel.

You can set either how long to buffer or how many disk space to use for the buffer.

Very flexible and powerful, imo.
@ksooo , that is nice, but is skip back for 2 hours work as awaited with Krypton ? Is fast backward work also ?

Using internal demuxer of the addon, kodi uses the function seek time. Here, skip back often seems to do what it want as it loose synchro. Starting rew x 2 or x 4, will do like "pause".
I checked and checked my code and the addon seek as requested and produces streams at right position. But player seems to have lot of difficulties to manage PTS discontinuity or sync streams the addon demuxer provides on skip.
I start to think there is secret things to make it working. The addon code didn t change since Helix where I introduced the internal demuxer to fix the "wait time" of channel switch.

If you confitm me all works with tvh addon then I will rework my code.
Yes, would be nice to know if TVH can skip backwards/rew reliable over a program change. Maybe then it is something you can get working also janbar. Just ask if you need someone testing
(2017-02-15, 14:40)raptorjr Wrote: Yes, would be nice to know if TVH can skip backwards/rew reliable over a program change. Maybe then it is something you can get working also janbar. Just ask if you need someone testing

I am tweaking "seek time" and I will let you know when I have new code to test. Thanks.
(2017-02-15, 09:43)janbar Wrote: @ksooo , that is nice, but is skip back for 2 hours work as awaited with Krypton ? Is fast backward work also ?

Using internal demuxer of the addon, kodi uses the function seek time. Here, skip back often seems to do what it want as it loose synchro. Starting rew x 2 or x 4, will do like "pause".
I checked and checked my code and the addon seek as requested and produces streams at right position. But player seems to have lot of difficulties to manage PTS discontinuity or sync streams the addon demuxer provides on skip.
I start to think there is secret things to make it working. The addon code didn t change since Helix where I introduced the internal demuxer to fix the "wait time" of channel switch.

Tested with Krypton final and latest tvh server. Works just fine. Skip back is very smooth, rewind is a bit "jumpy", but working correct.
(2017-02-10, 23:19)raptorjr Wrote:
(2017-02-10, 21:22)janbar Wrote: @raptorjr Ah, okay. Now I anderstand the case. So the workaround should fix it for this context. And so your PI is not overloaded.

EDIT: @raptorjr , I re read the story of the issue, and really that's strange. The dialog should be forked only when kodi set the watched status. If your manually set "watched" status then the dialog should show immediately. Not when your start playing the recording or what other.

It seems that your workaround does work. I marked a recording watched manually, no question at the beginning of the recording, but when the recording ended I got the question as intended. Before Kodi froze, not anymore. Seems good to me now.

Seems the problem is back, or if it was not really solved. I never get the prompt anymore. When the recording ends and I get back to the recording list I can see the finished mark on the episode for about a second, and then it changes back to a square. But never a question if I want to delete the episode.
I'm using latest Milhouse build #215.
@raptorjr, the dialog is not show because:

- Kodi doesn't call to set the play count.
- The setting to prompt to delete is disabled.
- An other stream has been opened before Kodi call to set the play count.
@janbar Sorry, should have added a log.

Does this help to find what is happening?

http://sprunge.us/JHZY

The setting is enabled in the addon, and I didn't open another stream.
(2017-02-16, 01:12)ksooo Wrote:
(2017-02-15, 09:43)janbar Wrote: @ksooo , that is nice, but is skip back for 2 hours work as awaited with Krypton ? Is fast backward work also ?

Tested with Krypton final and latest tvh server. Works just fine. Skip back is very smooth, rewind is a bit "jumpy", but working correct.

After reviewing the code, I anderstand what's happen. Skip/rewind/forward work well until we browse the current program. Using TVH you have only one program stream, ans so you haven't the issue because you browse only in the same program stream. MythTV addon handles a program chain, and trying to rewind beyond the current program the PTS continuity is broken. Unfortunately the pvr API call SeekTime() manages offset position using PTS and it can't handle PTS discontinuity. I tried a workaround making a global PTS for the chain, but an other issue exists: programs of the chain could have different properties (audio streams etc...) and that cause player stuck.
So there is no suitable solution to resolve the problem. Also the demuxer is optional (it is disabled by default) and the addon work well without handling demuxing. For this reason I will remove the optional demuxer and the related setting. It will be transparent for users.
Thanks for your help.
@raptorjr, regarding my previous post about "skip/rewind/forward accross program chain", you have to disable option "Enable demuxing MPEG-TS" in settings to fix the issue. I stopped to use internal demuxing since 2 days ago and rewind in the chain work great.
  • 100(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.mythtv add-on1