• 101(current)
pvr.mythtv add-on
(2017-02-17, 00:27)raptorjr Wrote: @janbar Sorry, should have added a log.

Does this help to find what is happening?

http://sprunge.us/JHZY

The setting is enabled in the addon, and I didn't open another stream.

Checking the log file, Kodi calls SetRecordingPlayCount() always during a playback !
I saw you tested with kodi 18-alpha. It is probably a new behavior with it. But it works well with kodi Krypton.
If this new behavior will be permanent with kodi 18 , then I will have to find a workaround.
Just curious about some messages in the log:
The coding in PVRRecording.cpp seems odd, it assumes radio and if not defaults to TV with this warning.

10:36:47.807 T:140273623492352 WARNING: CPVRRecording::CPVRRecording - unable to determine channel type. Defaulting to TV.

Was I supposed to set a channel type somewhere?

Later I get:

10:46:58.279 T:140276031018752 WARNING: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(pvr) in pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/pvr.mythtv_2072.tbn
10:46:58.279 T:140276031018752 WARNING: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(pvr) in pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/pvr.mythtv_1561.tbn
10:46:58.279 T:140276031018752 WARNING: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(pvr) in pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/pvr.mythtv_2078.tbn
10:46:58.279 T:140276031018752 WARNING: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(pvr) in pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/pvr.mythtv_2331.tbn
10:46:58.279 T:140276031018752 WARNING: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(pvr) in pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/pvr.mythtv_2330.tbn
10:46:58.280 T:140276031018752 WARNING: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(pvr) in pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/pvr.mythtv_1560.tbn
10:46:58.280 T:140276031018752 WARNING: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(pvr) in pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/pvr.mythtv_1789.tbn
10:46:58.280 T:140276031018752 WARNING: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(pvr) in pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/pvr.mythtv_2589.tbn
10:46:58.280 T:140276031018752 WARNING: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(pvr) in pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/pvr.mythtv_1070.tbn
10:46:58.280 T:140276031018752 WARNING: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(pvr) in pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/pvr.mythtv_2079.tbn
10:46:58.280 T:140276031018752 WARNING: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(pvr) in pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/pvr.mythtv_2592.tbn
10:46:58.281 T:140276031018752 WARNING: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(pvr) in pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/pvr.mythtv_2075.tbn
10:46:58.281 T:140276031018752 WARNING: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(pvr) in pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/pvr.mythtv_2333.tbn
10:46:58.281 T:140276031018752 WARNING: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(pvr) in pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/pvr.mythtv_2585.tbn
10:46:58.281 T:140276031018752 WARNING: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(pvr) in pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/pvr.mythtv_1562.tbn

Unsupported protocol pvr in pvr? Seems odd also
So I've screwed up somewhere. I'm hoping the experts can help.

Every 6 months or so I so the sudo apt-get update/upgrade to my Kodibuntu system. After I did this today. I found Kodi 17 was running and not Kodi 16. I didn't know 17 was production yet.

Bottom line Mythtv.pvr addon is failing to load due to some incapability library. Do I have to be on ubuntu 16.04??

Any help would be appreciated.
(2017-02-17, 17:06)jfabernathy Wrote: So I've screwed up somewhere. I'm hoping the experts can help.

Every 6 months or so I so the sudo apt-get update/upgrade to my Kodibuntu system. After I did this today. I found Kodi 17 was running and not Kodi 16. I didn't know 17 was production yet.

Bottom line Mythtv.pvr addon is failing to load due to some incapability library. Do I have to be on ubuntu 16.04??

try in a terminal (it worked for me in a VM connecting to mythbacked 0.29pre - master):

sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-mythtv

You will need to restart Kodi

Mike
(2017-02-17, 19:17)MikeB2013 Wrote:
(2017-02-17, 17:06)jfabernathy Wrote: So I've screwed up somewhere. I'm hoping the experts can help.

try in a terminal (it worked for me in a VM connecting to mythbacked 0.29pre - master):

sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-mythtv

You will need to restart Kodi

Mike

I had a generic Xubuntu 16.04 system laying around that I had tested Kodi 16 on and I did an update on it and I got Kodi 17 and kodi-pvr-mythtv updated and the PVR is working except for the commercial skip. I'll start another thread on the commercial skip issue.
With Kodi 17 now running on Xubuntu 16.04, I've noticed strange things with the playback of TV programs recorded with commercial skip flagged. The backend had not changed since the frontend changed to Kodi 17.

Right before a commercial I see the overlay of the timeline popup with an Circle I with the commercial time. A second later the screen goes black and stays black until the commercial is over in real time. With Kodi 16 it would just skip the commercial. While the screen is black, if I hit the Info button on the remote I can see the timeline advancing in realtime. The screen comes back to normal once the commercial is over.
(2017-02-17, 20:26)jfabernathy Wrote: With Kodi 17 now running on Xubuntu 16.04, I've noticed strange things with the playback of TV programs recorded with commercial skip flagged. The backend had not changed since the frontend changed to Kodi 17.

Right before a commercial I see the overlay of the timeline popup with an Circle I with the commercial time. A second later the screen goes black and stays black until the commercial is over in real time. With Kodi 16 it would just skip the commercial. While the screen is black, if I hit the Info button on the remote I can see the timeline advancing in realtime. The screen comes back to normal once the commercial is over.

This issue has been discussed several times over the last few pages...Read back...
@janbar
I have decided to try and give you all debug log and information you need to try and find the ff/rew problem. I updated to latest Milhouse build, and I believe that all your recent changes to pvr.mythtv have been included.
And this isn't about ff/rew/skip over a program change, this is only ff/rew within one single show. Even that isn't working very reliable for me. Sometimes it works for a while, but almost always end with me having to exit LiveTV and start again.

First, here is a log: http://sprunge.us/PfEA
Second I have a picture and two video files that I will keep on my Dropbox account for a while.

Picture, taken 2-3 seconds after starting LiveTV and pressing pause:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/prhugk1p92cek6...2.JPG?dl=0
Look at the time numbers? They look crazy.

First video doing FF, had been pausing for a couple of minutes. (Notice that I hadn't done anything after the above pause and even so the time numbers that were so crazy in the picture had changed)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5u5clmccn40g7e...4.MOV?dl=0
Look at the current time jumping around at almost the same position, and when I press play again it jumps back to only around 20 seconds since I started FF. About the time that it took to do the FF. So it feels like the FF didn't happen at all. With 8x and 16x I should have come a lot further than 20 seconds. Also notice that the visual feedback is almost non existent. Only when I press play do I get moving picture again.

Second video, trying to do REW, twice. (Did it twice because if you look closely at the end of the first attempt, the crazy time that is shown in the first picture is shown again.)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vde6uhb2ihsfei...5.MOV?dl=0
At the second attempt you can see that the time jumps pretty strange with REW also, and close to no visual feedback. But what is more important that when I press play, the time jump from 12:48 to 16:09. And remember that I started the REW at 15:53. So according to the current position I didn't do REW at all.

Besides all those problems I find it hard, and strange, that there still isn't any feedback in the OSD about how long you have paused, how far back you are from the LiveTV position or something to indicate the timeshift buffer. This feels like a pretty important part with a PVR.

If it is possible to first get this sorted out I will try and do ff/rew across program change.
Thanks @raptorjt.
Since my latest change in version 4.14.0 I removed the addon demuxer. So seeking to time position is no longer handled by the addon. So any trouble should be addressed to kodi thread.
Sadly the osd feedback show full infos only for addon handling demuxing.
I will have a look to the logs and look for any trouble.
(2017-02-20, 20:14)janbar Wrote: Thanks @raptorjt.
Since my latest change in version 4.14.0 I removed the addon demuxer. So seeking to time position is no longer handled by the addon. So any trouble should be addressed to kodi thread.
Sadly the osd feedback show full infos only for addon handling demuxing.
I will have a look to the logs and look for any trouble.

Thank you for looking at the logs.

But I don't understand completely. Are you saying that now when you have removed the demuxer, the ff/rew problem is a problem in Kodi and not the addon?
And are you also saying that now when the demuxer is gone it is not possible to get timeshift OSD info in Kodi with pvr.mythtv? Not ever?
Yes I am. You anderstood rigth. Timeshift infos aren t removed completely. Only extra infos.

Here the rew/ff work well even along program break. I am surprise you haven t same feedback.
Edit: tested on Krypton 17.0
That is kind of a problem, not being able to see the timeshift information. Is pvr.mythtv the only addon that don't have it's own demuxer?
Is it at all possible to get timeshift info in the future? Could there be changes to the PVR API to allow that for pvr.mythtv addon?

I think it is pretty important to be able to see how long your timeshift buffer is. As it is now you don't have a clue.

Do you have the possibility to check how it works on Kodi 18? It should work in Kodi 18 some day, and why not start investigating now? =)
Kodi 18 is in alpha status. Imo it isn t time to test addon with it. Everything you could validate will be unvalidated until the beta status. If you need something working and stable you should install released version, so Krypton.

Pvr.mythtv isn t the only addon without demuxer. None addons have demuxer, but their backend provides demuxed streams or transport stream.
I added a demuxer in 2013 to work around a xbmc issue which is closed 2 years ago. Else a modern backend provides the transport stream which is IMO more flexible for top layers.
For kodi case , many awesome features are designed by developers using or maintening addon handling demuxed streams. It is probably the reason why this status. Sadly major part of existing pvr addons doesn t handle demuxed streams.
You could make the parallel between mythfrontend and kodi. Mythfrontend has been designed to handle muxed streams but it provides all kodi provides with demuxed streams. Difference is just design choice.
Well, this is all over my head and I only understand a part of what you are saying =) The reason I use the latest Kodi is that I really want Kodi to be a good PVR, comparable to MythTV Frontend. And since I cant develop anything myself I can at least help with testing and debug logs.

But if I understand you right, with MythTV as backend and how streams are handled, Kodi will never have the features of MythTV frontend, and work like many other PVR solutions I have used. Like showing the timeshift buffer, or able to play in progress recordings reliable and understanding the recording is growing. Or teletext subtitles.

In that case there is no use for me to use the latest and testing new PVR features. I can go back to a stable release, or maybe even go back to MythTV frontend since I use LiveTV the most.

Anyway, you have done a fantastic job with the addon. Thank you for all the help.
  • 101(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.mythtv add-on1