• 45(current)
pvr.mythtv add-on
Hello,

I recently got an Odroid C1 that comes with a Kodi 15 build. Unfortunately none of the pvr addons came with it.

Does anyone know where I can get a pre-built cmyth addon for armv7?

Can you point me to instructions so I can compile it myself?

Thanks
Cmyth is no longer supported. 15 is not even alpha. Why not use 14?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi - apologies if this has been answered earlier, but I've been searching for an answer and can't seem to find it.

My current set up is a backend running CentOS 6.3 and MythTV 0.26.

Last night I upgraded my XBMC machine from Gotham to Kodi, which also involved a clean base OS install (from 12.10 to 14.04.1 LTS). Since then I haven't been able to get Live TV to work - as others earlier in this thread experienced, it tells me it's "working" for a while, and then says "Channel Unavailable".

The MythTV addon I originally had was 1.9.28, but this afternoon I compiled it from janbar's git to 1.11.4 (IIRC), but I have the same problem.

Question: will Kodi-based MythTV addons work with MythTV 0.26? If not, I suspect I will have to ditch CentOS for Mythbuntu or something...

I've noticed some suggestions here and elsewhere to disable IPV6. I've cleared the setting in the General tab in mythbackend, and I've added the relevant lines to the sysctl_conf file, but have had no luck doing that either (although CentOS reports IPV6 as still running as a process, can't work it out).

I'll upload a log file later on (family is currently watching a movie), but the Kodi logs simply say that in attempting to spawn Live TV, it exceeds the time to tune.

I should add that I built a new Windows 7 machine last week and installed Kodi on that, and have the same problem - which is why I'm wondering if the problem is that I'm running MythTV 0.26 (or, again, it's the IPV6 thing).

Does anyone have any suggestions/advice?
@Rouleur

Minimum mythtv version is 0.27 for use with Kodi.

Mythbuntu 14.04 for the backend is probably your best option, it is stable and well supported. Also when the time comes you will be able to easily upgrade to Mythtv 0.28, when it is formally released, using mythbuntu-control-center.

Mike
Mike - thanks, I had been suspecting that 0.26 might be my problem.

Will Mythbuntu serve SMB/NFS shares? My CentOS machine serves all our movies, tv and music as well as acting as the MythTV backend.

Cheers, James.
(2015-01-30, 12:22)Rouleur Wrote: Mike - thanks, I had been suspecting that 0.26 might be my problem.

Will Mythbuntu serve SMB/NFS shares? My CentOS machine serves all our movies, tv and music as well as acting as the MythTV backend.

Cheers, James.

Mythbuntu handles SMB/NFS shares.

You can install whatever extra packages you need in Mythbuntu to increase the base functionality (it uses same repos as Ubuntu)

If you are feeling adventurous you could try upgrading to Centos 7 and building mythtv yourself from git.

Mike
Hah! It took me long enough (as a Linux noob) to get CentOS 6.3 up and running and install MythTV, which is why at first blush Mythbuntu is somewhat attractive!! If I can get it to do what my CentOS install does now "out of the box", then...

Thanks again :-) James.
Just a heads up for anyone running mythtv 0.28pre.

Latest update v0.28-pre-2573-g0205fe2 has API and protocol changes which will need to be included in pvr.mythtv.

Current version of pvr.mythtv will not connect to mythtv backend.

Mike.
(2015-01-30, 16:41)MikeB2013 Wrote: Just a heads up for anyone running mythtv 0.28pre.

Latest update v0.28-pre-2573-g0205fe2 has API and protocol changes which will need to be included in pvr.mythtv.

Current version of pvr.mythtv will not connect to mythtv backend.

Mike.

Thanks. I will fix it soon.
(2015-01-30, 10:59)Rouleur Wrote: Hi - apologies if this has been answered earlier, but I've been searching for an answer and can't seem to find it.

My current set up is a backend running CentOS 6.3 and MythTV 0.26.
I've noticed some suggestions here and elsewhere to disable IPV6. I've cleared the setting in the General tab in mythbackend, and I've added the relevant lines to the sysctl_conf file, but have had no luck doing that either (although CentOS reports IPV6 as still running as a process, can't work it out).

The problem is not ipv6, which is supported by the addon, but generally host is only configured for local usage of ipv6. To use ipv6 your hosts must have a global ipv6 address (not like fe80:...). So you have to disable ipv6 usage in mythTV (and not in OS). To do that just remove ipv6 address from your mythtv-setup. Finnally you should migrate to 0.27 else you should keep XBMC gotham and use cmyth addon instead.
@janbar

Thanks for the quick update to handle mythbackend protocol 84.

Its working well for me on Windows 7 (64 bit), Ubuntu (64 bit), Openelec (Millhouse build) Raspberry Pi, Android (arm).

All kodi 15 builds

Mike
Hello there. I am using this addon for some time already in Kodi Helix on Ubuntu. it works great with streams recorded with my DVB-C card, but not with my analog card (Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150). When I try to view live TV, I see a dialog in Kodi indicating that buffering has started. However, the channel never shows. I get messages in my log as below. This exact same channel works without problems in mythfrontend. Can anybody tell me could the actual problem here? I understand that Kodi doesn't like the stream. However, where could be the problem, inside kodi or inside mythtv? Is there anything I can do to find out more or to solve this?

Code:
00:48:50 T:3002423104  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: pvr://channels/tv/All channels/37.pvr
00:48:50 T:3002423104 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
00:48:50 T:2319600448  NOTICE: Thread DVDPlayer start, auto delete: false
00:48:50 T:2319600448  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
00:48:52 T:2336385856   ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: [DEMUX] (demuxer)configure_ts: invalid stream
00:48:53 T:2319600448  NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
00:48:53 T:2319600448   ERROR: Get - failed to get stream
00:48:53 T:2319600448 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
00:48:53 T:2319600448 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
00:48:53 T:2719542080  NOTICE: 1Channel: Service: Playback started
Do recordings work?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Looks like the protocol in master branch of mythbackend has updated again. Now at version 85
(2015-02-07, 02:30)nickr Wrote: Do recordings work?

Yes, it is no problem to watch recordings from that analog card. It is just not possible to watch Live TV from it.
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.mythtv add-on1