• 55(current)
pvr.mythtv add-on
(2015-03-09, 03:14)janbar Wrote: @tvankirk,

I posted new improved addon for RPi and RPi2 :

pvr.mythtv-RPi-arm-1.12.9.2-tvankirk.zip
pvr.mythtv-RPi2-arm7-1.12.9.2-tvankirk.zip

Now, instead opened a dedicated event handler for liveTV (which have a cost for backend and frontend), i updated to handle multi-threading. It should be better. Please let me know.
So your heavy process of recording rules (to generate Kodi timers) will be handled in a separated thread. As well LiveTV will handle its event messages in a separated thread.

This version worked perfectly on the first test with the RPi2. I will test it with the RPi1 tomorrow. Thanks again.
Any chance for an imx6 build? Would love to test this on a cubox-i4pro running OpenELEC 5.0.5
I think I have asked this before, but could not find it.

Is it possible to change the default order of a set of recordings?

At the moment, when we record a program, and the next showing of the program they are put together in a folder.
That folder sorts from newest to oldest.

If you dont pay attention you can watch the most recent before the next due in sequence.
you can change the order from the left popout menu, but if the default was oldest first then this would not be necessary, and not cause a problem if forgotten.

(running 14.1 kodi and 0.27 mythtv).
(2015-03-09, 03:14)janbar Wrote: @tvankirk,

I posted new improved addon for RPi and RPi2 :

pvr.mythtv-RPi-arm-1.12.9.2-tvankirk.zip
pvr.mythtv-RPi2-arm7-1.12.9.2-tvankirk.zip

Now, instead opened a dedicated event handler for liveTV (which have a cost for backend and frontend), i updated to handle multi-threading. It should be better. Please let me know.
So your heavy process of recording rules (to generate Kodi timers) will be handled in a separated thread. As well LiveTV will handle its event messages in a separated thread.
Janbar,
This version is working great on both the RPi1 and the RPi2. I can't thank you enough. My wife has to find something new to complain about!
@tvankirk, thanks to you, we have probably fixed a big bottltneck i can't find without your help. I published the improvement in the ppa this morning with the version 1.12.10.
And probably before this evening, new builds for openelec will being published into my cloud.
Is commercial-skipping/EDL working properly for anyone? On a show that otherwise plays back fine perfectly on mythtv-frontend, the dialog doesn't appear (when I have skipping set to "dialog") and the skip happens in the wrong place. Much later than it should.
janbar, your newest version of pvr.mythtv is working great on RPi2. Thanks in advance for all of your very hard work!

Just one small bug that I've noticed running the newest OpenElec. When watching LiveTV and bringing up the DVR controls (play, pause, record, etc), if you move to the record button it disappears. The other icons all become highlighted with a halo effect. I assume that a simple "highlighted" image for the record button is missing.

Perhaps others could confirm this on their systems?
When selecting the option to not show channel icons in the add-on, a fallback icon shows up in the guide/channel list. Is there a way nothing can show up instead of the fallback icon? The fallback icon isn't very nice looking and I chose to hide the channel icons for better performance on the PI. Thanks!
Thanks for all the great work on the Mythtv PVR Addon, its making the move from a Mythtv frontend to Kodi much simpler, I have a problem but not sure if I'm asking for something that can't be achieved.

I can see all my Recordings when I go to the "Recordings" submenu of Live TV, but this menu doesn't seem to be add the metadata/coverart like the Movies/TV Shows menu.
Is there a way to add the recordings to the Movies/TVShow menus, I can find a "Recordings" option when I browse locations to add, and this will cause the recordings to appear in these menus, but when I open the folder for the tv shows there are no episodes (Apart from one single TV Show - which seems a little odd).

Am I trying to achieve something isn't possible?

Thanks
I would like to use this with Rpi2 running raspbian. I tried loading the openelec version and got cannot load errors.
Is this supposed to work?
thx
Yes of course it works with Rpi2. Do read the thread won't you?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I only see openelec referenced, not raspbian. Did you read my post?
I know nothing about raspbian versioning. What version of the pvr.mythtv addon does it have?

For openelec on rpi2 the current versions from janbar's private cloud website (referenced many times in this thread) work very well. I think there may be a problem (from memory) with the pvr.mythtv version that ships with openelec 5.0.5 for rpi2. Simply download and install from janbar's site.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-03-12, 09:05)nickr Wrote: I know nothing about raspbian versioning. What version of the pvr.mythtv addon does it have?

For openelec on rpi2 the current versions from janbar's private cloud website (referenced many times in this thread) work very well. I think there may be a problem (from memory) with the pvr.mythtv version that ships with openelec 5.0.5 for rpi2. Simply download and install from janbar's site.

I'm not running openelec and there is no (as far as I can see) pvr.mythtv for raspbian. Since I'm a newb to raspbian I tried loading the openelec version of the addon from janbar's site and I get load dll errors and similar.

What I have been able to get on raspbian is I believe the previous version of the mythtv addon the cmyth version. That works, but the performance is terrible. Whether that's the addon or my config, I don't know.
What version of kodi is in raspbian?
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.mythtv add-on1