• 59(current)
pvr.mythtv add-on
Got Kodi 15.0 pushed onto my system, and the 1.12.11 broke Sad I hope this is fixed soon
If you don't want things to break, don't use alpha software.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-04-08, 01:28)nickr Wrote: If you don't want things to break, don't use alpha software.

I get this but I also think it is an issue in Beta 1 unstable. Even noobs like to play
Oh of course, and I am sure the devs love testers who make proper bug reports.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Oh of course, and I am sure the devs love testers who make proper bug reports.
(2015-04-08, 02:00)nickr Wrote: Oh of course, and I am sure the devs love testers who make proper bug reports.

I was hoping the bolded part was a link to "How to file a proper bug report" Noobs try, honestly some do.
Debug log (wiki)
(2015-04-07, 19:30)carpa5 Wrote: Hi,
I am using the latest version of this add-on from "* doityourself e42e9b1", It works fine with myth [v0.28-pre-2693-gc4ed359]. Now when I try to use it with the latest version [v0.28-pre-2811-ga9e8f44]. All the EPG listings are the same. They all get set to the same listings as the first channel displayed. I looked a bit through the change log for mythtv and I noticed there have been some changes to the GetProgramGuide API. This all happens from March 25 to 30'th 2015. Could this be the reason why the I am having this issue ? An example of one change log is below:

commit 05647132c2285a6d58e9afe7318f2bc50a14e3aa
Author: Stuart Morgan <[email protected]>
Date: Fri Mar 27 17:49:43 2015 +0000

Services API: Fix a logical issue with GetProgramGuide

GetProgramGuide took an argument - StartChanId but since the list of
channels is sorted by the Channel Number, and not it's ID this made no
sense. This meant there was no way of restricting the results to just
a subset (page) of the guide.

So to address this issue, and make GetProgramGuide consistent with
other service API methods StartChanId has been replaced with
StartIndex, and NumChannels has been replaced with Count.

'TotalAvailable' is included in the results, but for now it will only
contain zero. A fix for this will be committed soon, I hope.

Unfortunately, the changes to make this necessary have negated the
earlier performance improvements. Fetching the complete guide is now
25-50% slower than it was before this commit, this is obviously not
acceptable and I'm trying a variety of approaches to get performance
back at least to where it was. On the other hand, since data can now
be fetched in ranges, perceived loading time can be reduced by
backgrounding the loading of most of the guide.

I will update soon to fix this change. Thanks.
(2015-04-01, 16:46)mattlach Wrote: Hey all,

Really appreciate this project! Thank you to OP.

I recently switched from XBMC Gotham running on Windows 8.1 using included MythTV PVR plugin, first to Kodi helix 14.1 on Windows (using built in MythTV PVR plugin)

Immediately I started having random channel freezes during live tv watching (which scare the crap out of me, as I am on a plasma, and people in my household leave the TV on and don't look at it, sometimes for hours)

I had planned on switching to a linux base anyway, so as part of troubleshooting this, I went for a Ubuntu 14.04 install, and installed the latest Kodi and Mythtv plugin from the stable PPA.

Still having the same issue.

Surprisingly the freezes are VERY rare on HD channels (I can go weeks without seeing one), but happen regularly (every hour or so) on the only SD channel we watch (Globo Internacional on Verizon FiOS, a Brazilian channel I subscribe to for my Brazilian fiancee)

At first I suspected a signal problem, as the channel sometimes has poor quality, but using the official MythTV frontend makes the problem go away.

Backend is a MythBuntu install on an ESXi server, assigned 4x 2.25Ghz Xeon cores and 4GB of RAM. Tuner is an external Ceton InfiniTV 6 eth, via Ethernet and a Verizon cable card, which is fully validated.

LiveTV writes to a local backend SSD in order to avoid any performance issues.

I suspect the new MythTV PVR plugin is the issue, as with the same setup this never happened in Gotham or with the official MythTV client.

The freezes happen on both HTPC's in the house with very different hardware, which excludes a hardware problem. Both are - however - on Ubuntu 14.04.

One fronted is an AMD Kaveri A10-7850K with 8gigs of RAM using built in GPU
Other is AMD Zacate E-350 with 8GB of RAM using GeForce 630GT GPU

Anyone have any suggestions of what I might try?

So, has anyone else had this Live TV freezing issue? Is there a way to fix it?

If not, is there a version of the old cmyth based plugin that is compatible with the Helix level of the API, I can use?

Otherwise I am going to have to revert to Gotham and use the old plugin, as my fiancee is about to murder me over not being able to watch live TV uninterrupted. :p
Livingroom: 65" Panasonic Plasma, Denon AVR-x3300w, Parasound A31, Fronts: RBH SX-6300 Towers, Center: RBH 441-se, Surrounds: RBH 41-se Sub: Dual SVS PC13-Ultra, Source: Custom Kodi Box
Desk: DAC: Schiit Modi Multibit,Headphones: Schiit Jotunheim -> Sennheiser HD650 & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Speakers: Parasound 275v2-> RBH 41-se & SVS SB12-NSD
Debug log (wiki)
I am using the latest version of this add-on from "* doityourself e42e9b1", It works fine with myth [v0.28-pre-2693-gc4ed359]. Now when I try to use it with the latest version [v0.28-pre-2811-ga9e8f44]. All the EPG listings are the same. They all get set to the same listings as the first channel displayed. I looked a bit through the change log for mythtv and I noticed there have been some changes to the GetProgramGuide API. This all happens from March 25 to 30'th 2015. Could this be the reason why the I am having this issue ?

fixed in branch "doityourself"

EDIT: i will backport soon to helix and gotham branches
(2015-04-10, 22:01)mattlach Wrote:
(2015-04-01, 16:46)mattlach Wrote: Hey all,

Really appreciate this project! Thank you to OP.

I recently switched from XBMC Gotham running on Windows 8.1 using included MythTV PVR plugin, first to Kodi helix 14.1 on Windows (using built in MythTV PVR plugin)

Immediately I started having random channel freezes during live tv watching (which scare the crap out of me, as I am on a plasma, and people in my household leave the TV on and don't look at it, sometimes for hours)

I had planned on switching to a linux base anyway, so as part of troubleshooting this, I went for a Ubuntu 14.04 install, and installed the latest Kodi and Mythtv plugin from the stable PPA.

Still having the same issue.

Surprisingly the freezes are VERY rare on HD channels (I can go weeks without seeing one), but happen regularly (every hour or so) on the only SD channel we watch (Globo Internacional on Verizon FiOS, a Brazilian channel I subscribe to for my Brazilian fiancee)

At first I suspected a signal problem, as the channel sometimes has poor quality, but using the official MythTV frontend makes the problem go away.

Backend is a MythBuntu install on an ESXi server, assigned 4x 2.25Ghz Xeon cores and 4GB of RAM. Tuner is an external Ceton InfiniTV 6 eth, via Ethernet and a Verizon cable card, which is fully validated.

LiveTV writes to a local backend SSD in order to avoid any performance issues.

I suspect the new MythTV PVR plugin is the issue, as with the same setup this never happened in Gotham or with the official MythTV client.

The freezes happen on both HTPC's in the house with very different hardware, which excludes a hardware problem. Both are - however - on Ubuntu 14.04.

One fronted is an AMD Kaveri A10-7850K with 8gigs of RAM using built in GPU
Other is AMD Zacate E-350 with 8GB of RAM using GeForce 630GT GPU

Anyone have any suggestions of what I might try?

So, has anyone else had this Live TV freezing issue? Is there a way to fix it?

If not, is there a version of the old cmyth based plugin that is compatible with the Helix level of the API, I can use?

Otherwise I am going to have to revert to Gotham and use the old plugin, as my fiancee is about to murder me over not being able to watch live TV uninterrupted. :p

Not only plugin has changed. Now you use Kodi 14 instead Gotham. If you haven't backend crash causing the freeze (check backend logs) then cause is in Kodi itself. I propose you to enable addon option "Internal demuxing" if your channels provide MPEG-TS stream: It could be a workaround to bypass bug in Kodi demuxer.

EDIT: Also you could compile the new addon for Gotham (using git branch gotham) and then try it with Gotham.
(2015-04-11, 10:33)janbar Wrote:
I am using the latest version of this add-on from "* doityourself e42e9b1", It works fine with myth [v0.28-pre-2693-gc4ed359]. Now when I try to use it with the latest version [v0.28-pre-2811-ga9e8f44]. All the EPG listings are the same. They all get set to the same listings as the first channel displayed. I looked a bit through the change log for mythtv and I noticed there have been some changes to the GetProgramGuide API. This all happens from March 25 to 30'th 2015. Could this be the reason why the I am having this issue ?

Really appreciate your effort and quick response. The EPG is now working.
(2015-04-11, 11:05)carpa5 Wrote:
(2015-04-11, 10:33)janbar Wrote:

Really appreciate your effort and quick response. The EPG is now working.

Looks like I spoke too soon. The EPG entries are correct but there is no description "Other/Unknown" or just short one like "Movie/Drama" for all of them. I did the following tests:

With mythtv v0.28-pre-2693-gc4ed359

doityourself commit: https://github.com/janbar/pvr.mythtv/com...507b3b7b5e - Description is present
doityourself commit: https://github.com/janbar/pvr.mythtv/com...e9ec2795ff or later - Description is gone

With mythtv v0.28-pre-2811-ga9e8f44

doityourself commit: https://github.com/janbar/pvr.mythtv/com...e9ec2795ff or later - Dsecription is gone
could not test with older version of add-on since it is not compatible
@carpa5, Yes you're right. Now i use a new service to get guide because previous cannot provide info by channel. I missed to specify Details=true ! to get description Wink. I am pushing the new commit to fix it.
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.mythtv add-on1