• 60(current)
pvr.mythtv add-on
@carpa5, the fix is pushed
@carpa5, fix is pushed now including option Details=true to retrieve all descriptions and more.
(2015-03-28, 11:42)myso Wrote: The problem is with character encoding (I live in Czech Republic) in the entire EPG. See attached screenshots. I also tested this behavior on Windows+xbmc/kodi combinations - it's the same.

Would you be so kind and give me some advice where to look to resolve this?

Here you will find how to migrate your data: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1949018
So, i published new release 1.12.13 (and gotham 1.9.22-48) including:

* the fix for Guide service since recent MythTV 0.28 update.
* the fix for Commercial Break & Cut list using new services retrieving cuttings by duration: Available with 0.28 since commit https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/...4c25fcf56f
I have been having problems with recordings stopping live tv even if there are free tuners.

An example was today, I was watching live tv on ITV1. Five minutes before the end of the live tv program (7:55) mythtv was due to start recording the next program on the same channel. At this point the Live TV stopped playing.
I have seen this happen a few times.

I have two tuners and the second was free throughout the whole process.

The logfile can be found here: http://pastebin.com/mu4GRvdp

Is this a mythtv issue or kodi?
(2015-04-11, 10:38)janbar Wrote: Not only plugin has changed. Now you use Kodi 14 instead Gotham. If you haven't backend crash causing the freeze (check backend logs) then cause is in Kodi itself. I propose you to enable addon option "Internal demuxing" if your channels provide MPEG-TS stream: It could be a workaround to bypass bug in Kodi demuxer.

EDIT: Also you could compile the new addon for Gotham (using git branch gotham) and then try it with Gotham.

Thank you very much.

No the backend hasn't crashed, and nothing in the backend logs looks suspicious (though I am by no means an expert on what to look for there)

I took a look at the plugin demuxing, but it was already enabled. Maybe I will try to disable it and see if that makes a difference.

(2015-04-10, 22:08)nickr Wrote: Debug log (wiki)

I presume this was targeted at me. Fair enough.

I've enabled logging in Kodi and extra log info in the plugin and am waiting for it to freeze again, and will provide details when it does.
Livingroom: 65" Panasonic Plasma, Denon AVR-x3300w, Parasound A31, Fronts: RBH SX-6300 Towers, Center: RBH 441-se, Surrounds: RBH 41-se Sub: Dual SVS PC13-Ultra, Source: Custom Kodi Box
Desk: DAC: Schiit Modi Multibit,Headphones: Schiit Jotunheim -> Sennheiser HD650 & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Speakers: Parasound 275v2-> RBH 41-se & SVS SB12-NSD
@janbar, That fixed it. I have been a long time lurker in this forum and it is time for me to give something back, I will be giving you a donation for you hard work.

Enjoy, the rest of your weekend.
(2015-04-11, 23:21)mattlach Wrote:

I've enabled logging in Kodi and extra log info in the plugin and am waiting for it to freeze again, and will provide details when it does.

So, the kodi.log file wound up being ~35mb. (wow! for less than an hour of logs, that's insane!)

I've tried to paste it into pastebin, but it just makes my browser non-responsive.

Does anyone know of a good free service I can upload it to?

edit:

Never mind, I uploaded the log file to dropbox.

here is the link

Is this helpful at all in determining my LiveTV freezing issues?

The channel I have the most issues with is 1768 RGTI (Rede Globo TV Internacional)

I turned on all the enhanced logging levels both in the plugin and the system screen and then turned on live tv and let it run until freezing. As soon as I noticed it had frozen (probably a few minutes after) I shut it off and SFTP:ed the log file from the HTPC to my desktop.

I uploaded the file untouched, except for anonymizing the first three numbers of the IP's

Thank you, I appreciate any help!
Livingroom: 65" Panasonic Plasma, Denon AVR-x3300w, Parasound A31, Fronts: RBH SX-6300 Towers, Center: RBH 441-se, Surrounds: RBH 41-se Sub: Dual SVS PC13-Ultra, Source: Custom Kodi Box
Desk: DAC: Schiit Modi Multibit,Headphones: Schiit Jotunheim -> Sennheiser HD650 & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Speakers: Parasound 275v2-> RBH 41-se & SVS SB12-NSD
(2015-04-11, 16:17)janbar Wrote: So, i published new release 1.12.13 (and gotham 1.9.22-48) including:

* the fix for Guide service since recent MythTV 0.28 update.
* the fix for Commercial Break & Cut list using new services retrieving cuttings by duration: Available with 0.28 since commit https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/...4c25fcf56f
This makes me oh so happy. So happy I dusted off my Fedora 3-era build-dep skills and promptly ran into some bugs with the packaging repo on myths github. Thomas responded on IRC and he quickly fixed one only to run into another related to ever-changing naming conventions. He's tied up with real life ATM (as am I) but we'll keep at it. When I have a working package for 0.28-master and test against your PR that Stuartm committed last week, I'll see if Thomas can push a new build out to the mythbuntu-testing PPA for trusty/utopic.

Mille fois merci Jean-Luc
Kodi 14.2: Mythbuntu-14.04.2 (1xC2D-T6400|4gb),(1xAth64+3800|2gb) | Win7 (2xC2D-8400|4gb) | OE 5.08 (2xRPi-B+)
MythTV 0.28-2825: Mythbuntu-14.04.2 (Ath64-3800|2gb|80gb/1tb) | mySQL for mythconverg | Kodi instance
Server 14.04.2: (AthX2+5000|4gb|80/500/2x3000Gb) | DNS/Wins/NFS/SMB/mySQL | Deluge/Sick/Couch/HTPCmon/LMS(squeeze)
(2015-04-12, 00:21)mattlach Wrote:
(2015-04-11, 23:21)mattlach Wrote:

So, the kodi.log file wound up being ~35mb. (wow! for less than an hour of logs, that's insane!)

I've tried to paste it into pastebin, but it just makes my browser non-responsive.

Does anyone know of a good free service I can upload it to?

edit:

Never mind, I uploaded the log file to dropbox.

here is the link

Is this helpful at all in determining my LiveTV freezing issues?

The channel I have the most issues with is 1768 RGTI (Rede Globo TV Internacional)

I turned on all the enhanced logging levels both in the plugin and the system screen and then turned on live tv and let it run until freezing. As soon as I noticed it had frozen (probably a few minutes after) I shut it off and SFTP:ed the log file from the HTPC to my desktop.

I uploaded the file untouched, except for anonymizing the first three numbers of the IP's

Thank you, I appreciate any help!

If it freezes when recordings start, you could look here http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/my...ers/583625
(2015-04-13, 13:30)hollywoodpete Wrote: If it freezes when recordings start, you could look here http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/my...ers/583625

I haven't noticed a link between recordings starting and freezing, but I will take a look at this.

I kind of doubt this is the cause though, as it happens a lot on one specific channel (1768, RGTI Rede Globo Internacional) and not very much on any other channels.

It also seems a little bit odd that this problem would be new to the switch from Gotham to Helix, and not occurr when using the official MythTV frontend.

Even if this is the cause, changing the tuner order seems at best a hack though. The correct way to do this would be for the backend to dynamically select an open tuner, not just stick to its schedule and steal the tuner, wheterher it is in use or not.

Unless - of course - the new Helix PVR plugin somehow fails to properly notify the backend that a tuner is in use for live tv, and this is why it happens.

Anyway, I do appreciate the suggestion. Anything is worth trying at this point :p
(2015-04-13, 16:38)mattlach Wrote:
(2015-04-13, 13:30)hollywoodpete Wrote: If it freezes when recordings start, you could look here http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/my...ers/583625

I haven't noticed a link between recordings starting and freezing, but I will take a look at this.

I kind of doubt this is the cause though, as it happens a lot on one specific channel (1768, RGTI Rede Globo Internacional) and not very much on any other channels.

It also seems a little bit odd that this problem would be new to the switch from Gotham to Helix, and not occurr when using the official MythTV frontend.

Even if this is the cause, changing the tuner order seems at best a hack though. The correct way to do this would be for the backend to dynamically select an open tuner, not just stick to its schedule and steal the tuner, wheterher it is in use or not.

Unless - of course - the new Helix PVR plugin somehow fails to properly notify the backend that a tuner is in use for live tv, and this is why it happens.

Anyway, I do appreciate the suggestion. Anything is worth trying at this point :p

I tried this, and it still froze (I have 6 tuners, and definitely was not using them all, in fact I was only using the one)

Thanks for the suggestion though, it was worth the try.

--Matt
(2014-11-10, 04:44)mikebetz42 Wrote: I have a MythTV 27 back end with two Ceton Infinitv 4s and Kodi Beta 2 front ends.

With pvr.mythtv add-on Live TV stops at random but works fine with the cmythtv add-on. Backend thinks it's still streaming...

Anyone else have issues with the Ceton and the pvr.mythtv add-on?

-Mike

This sounds exactly like my problem...
(2015-04-14, 00:20)mattlach Wrote:
(2014-11-10, 04:44)mikebetz42 Wrote: I have a MythTV 27 back end with two Ceton Infinitv 4s and Kodi Beta 2 front ends.

With pvr.mythtv add-on Live TV stops at random but works fine with the cmythtv add-on. Backend thinks it's still streaming...

-Mike

Still having the same issue using Ubuntu, Windows, and OpenElec on Rpi2, and CuBox-i. Playback will stop/freeze at random, or video will freeze and sound continues.

I have two Ceton Infinti TV 4's so 8 tuners total...

I have not had time to look into this further, but I am using the latest version of the addon... I will see if the freezing is related to new or finished recordings.

-Mike
(2015-04-14, 00:45)mikebetz42 Wrote:
(2015-04-14, 00:20)mattlach Wrote:

-Mike

Still having the same issue using Ubuntu, Windows, and OpenElec on Rpi2, and CuBox-i. Playback will stop/freeze at random, or video will freeze and sound continues.

I have two Ceton Infinti TV 4's so 8 tuners total...

I have not had time to look into this further, but I am using the latest version of the addon... I will see if the freezing is related to new or finished recordings.

-Mike

Yeah, I have the Ceton InfiniTV 6 eth. Could Ceton tuners be a common thread here?

Like you the problem is cross platform. First discovered it when I upgraded from Gotham 13.2 to Helix in Windows 8.1. Then got rid of windows and installed Ubuntu, with 14.1, followed by 14.2, and still have the problem.

Recorded programs always complete properly, and playback properly. Only Live TV is affected.

Never had a problem before going to Helix.

Official MythTV client plays fine (but has other non-ideal limitations)
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.mythtv add-on1