Crystal HD no smooth video stream
Hi!

I did a lot of research but I just cant figure out the problem, I hope someone here can help me out. I'll try to be as detailed as possible.

I recently put a Broadcom Crystal HD BMC70015 in a Samsung NC10 netbook. After installing XBMC the card shows up under the 'Video Setting > Acceleration'-menu. When I try a big MKV-1080P-HDTV-x264 file from the local disc it runs fine in XBMC and Media Player Classic from K-lite, but everytime when I try a HD stream 720P over wired connection the video doesn't play smooth, it stutters every 5-6 seconds.

On the Broadcom driver webpage it also has a download for API Interface, files supporting the API interface to the HW acceleration library for use in media players like VideoLan. I haven't got a clue what they do or might solve my problem. Do I need this?

Version of XBMC:13.1
Windows Version: 8.1 Pro N
CPU/Architecture: Atom N270 1,6GHz 32 bit
RAM amount: 2 GB
Video Card: Mobile Intel 945 Express, driver 8.15.10.2697
Broadcom CrystalHD Video decoder BMC70015, driver 3.7.20.0
HDD 7200rpm

Please help me or nudge me in the right direction, thanks!!!
As mentioned in a previous post when you disable 'Allow hardward acceleration (CrystalHD)' option, the streams in XBMC play perfectly. This post also conatins a 'work around' using MPC to play HD content.

Reading other posts gives me the impression there isn't a permanent solution. Here they mention it works fine in Linux and Apple TV but not in Windows.

Maybe the information below from the XBMC Wiki archive is outdated, if someone could explain what this means and how it works that would be great!
Update 13th Jan: the Crystal HD only works with the OpenGL build so you'll have to compile your own or try and find somewhere to download an OpenGL build. Having tested the Crystal HD with an OpenGL build on a Revo 3600 (Atom 230 CPU) it plays 1080p perfectly at 25-30% CPU :-)
It used to work in XBMC. I used to have windows and BCHD, but that was years ago.

The snippet from the wiki you noticed is indeed outdated, hence the "outdated" banner at the top of the page.

Chances are that the driver just isn't working. Last someone told me was that there were a ton of bugs in the BCHD driver for Windows. Not much that can be done, since very few are interested in maintaining support for the BCHD :\

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crystal HD no smooth video stream0