iDevice recognition and integration support - Playback from a docked iPod or iPhone?
Lightbulb 
i was wondering if there could be some sort of itunes program integrated in xbmc where i can connect my ipod and transfer songs etc... which could somehow possibly communicate with the itunes on my computer. meaning i could update my music without the need of my computer.
there is alot of talk about this, due to the fact it would be a huge feature. the problem is the devs would have to write a usb interface for xbmc, im not a programmer but to my understanding this is a real lot of work.

there are quite a few threads knocking around on the subject, look out for ones talking about supporting usb external hard-drives and such (basically what an ipod is) - you'll find alot of info there.

you could more than likley use your ipod with your xbox using xbox-linux as linux already has its usb interface intergrated, but you'd have to look into it.

shane

I have been reading around and have realized that the ipod will not mount on xbmc, but being stubborn, i tried anyway. the first time, a message came up saying 'could not mount...' , but then i restarted my xbox and tried again, and guess what? it mounted the ipod! i cannot see any files or folders, but if i go to my files in xbmc, there is a 'Memory Unit 1 (Fat32)' option, being my ipod. is there a possibility that xbmc now has ipod support and i am just really far behind?

thanks - brad
If the ipod mounts, it's being read as a normal USB mass storage device. This will only work for a few ipods (has to be less than 4GB)

And no, there is no iPod support, and nor will there be.

With the filemanager you may be able to browse to your music and play it, however.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ya, its a nano 4 gig (so its about 3.6 gigs) and all i want to do is read the music off of it to play it as if it were a disk drive, but it wont show me any of the files on it.
why will there never be ipod support?
You could always just plug it into your computer (what you used to tranfer the music to it in the first place) and share off the music folder after it mounts, sure you'll have to wade through all the F00,F01,F02... folders, but you'll be playing music off your ipod. I don't really see why this is an issue, even a 40gig harddrive costs only about $50 or less, just install it into your computer or install it into your xbox, copy over all you music, and share it off, your ipod will last longer, and you'll have yet another backup.

With the Xbox SDK not having a complete usb implimentation, it can't happen. I know because I really wanted better usb keyboard and mouse support, and maybe web cam support, but it isn't going to happen.
Hi there,

i am using XBMC for a while (OPenelec) and i am very satisfied about it, first of all i would like to thx the developers.

Since today a lot of people are carrying their musics on ipods/iphones, i suggest that an ipod (idevice) support would be a very nice feature for XBMC. (libgpod)

Like:

- Coming home and put my ipod into the ipod dock which is connected to my htpc
- In XBMC Dashboard a menu entries for "ipod" appears
- Now i can play/browse my music, videos, playlists ect that are storred on my ipod/iphone or lets say idevice.
- If possible lyrics, covers are shown on the Tv too

Hope that there is a way to include this into xbmc.

With regards,

Nayuna
Hey dev's no comment on this request ? Isnt possible to use libgpod to enable this feature ?
We developed ZappoTV (a FREE iPhone app) for this purpose. It is a different route (through UPnP / DLNA), but you can now use your iPhone to stream all music directly to XBMC. Without docking the device of course. You can find the app at:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zappotv/id406973397

Let me know what you think about it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iDevice recognition and integration support - Playback from a docked iPod or iPhone?0