Python Folder
hi,

what about the python dir?
i´ve seen it moved from root to system/, that´s right?
but since it moved some scripts stopped working completely, others work if you give them what they want, e.g. the _xmlplus directly copied into a subfolder.
can anybody explain the new structure of the pyton folder to me, what belongs into dll/, is there still a lib/ needed and is python23 useless now?

thanx in advance
freaksworth
freaksworth is not connected to or in any other way affiliated with XBMC, Team XBMC, or the XBMC Foundation.
freaksworth:
use http://darkdonno.googlepages.com/quickti...r-lite.zip
(only really changes are he quicktimebrowser_util.py file and pyd/zip that need to be in the same folder as the other 2 .py files [so should work with the quicktimebrowser.py which contains the skin)

also if u must use the _xmlplus for other scripts then extract out the zip and copy and pyd and copy into system\python ..... somewhere

the reason it broke was coz the libaries in _xmlplus were compiled for python 2.3, i have created a new _xmlplus libary from the py 2.4 win32 package. it should work.
** Team XBMC Tester** XBMC 4 ever

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

thanks for information.

freaksworth is not connected to or in any other way affiliated with XBMC, Team XBMC, or the XBMC Foundation.
donno, would you want to post the _xmlplus.zip to xbmcscripts.com to the module section. i know some people need it for other than quicktime browser.

thanks for updating it.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
i just upgraded to the 5-28-06 xbmc build and i can't' get the movie trailers link to work. i assume that is the same as the quicktime browser script. i apologize for being clueless about this, but it always just worked "out of the box" for me in the past. i downloaded the quicktimebrowser-lite.zip file from the link above. now where does it go in the xbmc directory? can you dumb down the instructions or point me to a tutorial? thanks
nevermind. i got it to work. but there is no background/skin. it's just black buttons and black background. how do i fix that?
OK, heres an easy one (not for me however) the script hangs on parsing exclusives when I first start it. As I recall it takes a bit of time during the first run but I've walked away for 30 minutes with no change.
Stupid... I left the Lib folder in python after installing the lite script... conflicts caused the lockup

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python Folder0