Win Music library problem showing songs by year
I'm using Gotham 13.1 with Confluence, and there seems to be an issue with the library not showing all tracks from a particular year selected in the library.

I have lots of music tracks without album tag (I only use album tag when I have the complete album), but they do have year tag. It seems the music library will not show these no album tracks under the 'Years' menu, unless you have an album from the same year, in which case the no album tracks show under the 'all albums' listing.

The library obviuosly register the year tag, though, as years with only no album tracks show in the list, but when you access the year the list is empty and doesn't even show the 'all albums' option.

Re-scan and cleaning of library have no effect. I've also had this issue with previous versions of XBMC.
The Year nodes lists albums, and you have singles, so the singles aren't listed. Not sure what a reasonable solution is here, other than showing the all albums item. Will investigate.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ok, I've taken a look. It seems tricky to fix. Basically there's a check on all album type fetches that remove albums with empty names (i.e. singles) wherever we don't have an artist specified.

I'm not sure the best approach here, other than directly querying instead of going via the filter. Will discuss with others.

Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

See here for discussion and a potential fix: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5138

Thank you, but I'm not sure where to go from here. Is this something I can fix myself by editing a file?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music library problem showing songs by year0