Unable to download XBMC on Samsung smart TV
... I should say I see the "Kodi" logo now on my Tv "source s menu"...
Don't forget your dumb Samsung is not as smart as kodi. It cannot play every file. The codecs and formats it can play is a subset of what kodi can play.

Also you do have your library scanned in don't you?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yes... but we need something to make this not so smart Samsung tv to recognize Kodi...?!
Shall we take this in simpler steps?

What are the video and audio codecs and container formats of the material you are trying to share with your samsung tv?

Where do those fit with what Samsung supports via UPNP?

But above all, why the hell don't you plug an HTPC running Kodi into the HDMI port of you TV? In US$ terms (and probably about the same in GBP or EUR) it is an investment or 150.00 or less.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-01-16, 07:22)Jackali7 Wrote: ...but I want to watch a live tv channel...is there a way...Huh

Ty

Wait a sec. You want to Connect your TV via KODI over the network to watch ... TV?

Uhm, why don't you just watch TV on your TV? What am I missing?
(2015-01-16, 07:22)Jackali7 Wrote: when I click videos it takes me to video library...dead end nothing there...
...but I want to watch a live tv channel...is there a way...Huh

Ty

If you want to watch live TV, you should not use Kodi, but rather a cable service or antenna connected to your TV. But I assume you already know that and are looking for free content, thus being vague. If you have your own video files to watch, then Kodi is one way to deliver them to a smart TV using UPNP, but the TV itself may still not be able to play the files if they are not supported by the TV's firmware.

If you don't have any files of your own to play, then Kodi-->upnp-->smart TV makes no sense. If you are just playing around with Kodi to see what it can do, then just use the installed version on your computer, try some add-ons or whatever. If you find it useful, then you can connect the computer to the TV as you would a monitor.

Repeating; UPNP to Smart TV is only useful if you have your own video files to play.
>But above all, why the hell don't you plug an HTPC running Kodi into the HDMI port of you TV? In US$ terms (and probably about the same in GBP or EUR) it is an investment or 150.00 or less.
I'm doing that for $58 Xs box on my down stairs sony not so smart tv (without Wi-Fi)...

>Uhm, why don't you just watch TV on your TV? What am I missing?
There is Live TV Channels on Kodi that I can't get here with just my TV...

>If you want to watch live TV, you should not use Kodi, but rather a cable service or antenna connected to your TV.
I have all that too...
(2015-01-22, 01:22)Jackali7 Wrote: >But above all, why the hell don't you plug an HTPC running Kodi into the HDMI port of you TV? In US$ terms (and probably about the same in GBP or EUR) it is an investment or 150.00 or less.
I'm doing that for $58 Xs box on my down stairs sony not so smart tv (without Wi-Fi)...

>Uhm, why don't you just watch TV on your TV? What am I missing?
There is Live TV Channels on Kodi that I can't get here with just my TV...

>If you want to watch live TV, you should not use Kodi, but rather a cable service or antenna connected to your TV.
I have all that too...

You can use cable in Kodi Wink
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Pozdrav ja sam novi na forumu nadam se da vam ne smeta što ne znam engleski ali uz prevoditelja će biti lako , Kodi gledam na Samsung smart tv pomoću mobitela putem screen mirroring slika je ok fino klizi, sa računala putem hdmi kabela , vrlo zadovoljan , naravno bio bi zadovoljniji kad bi Samsung podržavao kodi aplikaciju
Hello I am new to the forum I hope you do not mind I do not know English but with a translator will be easy, Cody look at the Samsung smart TV by using a cell phone through a screen mirroring images is ok fine sliding, with the computer via an HDMI cable, very pleased, of course would be satisfied if Samsung supported the application code
how to install the code and run it from a USB stick
whether to make an application for Samsung Smart TV which could install to sign up as a developer, such as use forkplayer etc.
The operating systems kodi works on are clearly listed on the download page. The only smart TV OS that it works on is android.

Someone has made it work on tizen, but I am not sure of the status of that fork.

Short story: buy a computer such as a supported android box, or a chromebox etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to download XBMC on Samsung smart TV2